• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • When I took driver's ed at school, I was so nervous that I had special accommodations from the instructor whenever I drove around the driving range.. but that made me less motivated to get my permit. But about a year later I started driving around with my dad and I got used to driving more. Now, I don't feel like I'm nervous at all with driving.

Years
  • I'm gonna go driving with my parents toniight! Yippee! I'm still nervous on the road all things considered. I'm still in the beginning stages of learning to predict what other road users will do.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I'm feeling strangely lonely, so I'm just gonna pop in here if y'all don't mind ^^

I'm terrified of starting driving school D: Simple logic doesn't come to me easily, and I'll probably have to take the test multiple times. Is anyone else, like, totally apprehensive about driving?

@BlahIsSuck: Good luck! It's good your parents are stepping in to help you. I was supposed to drive around with my mom in an empty park but I'll have to do it in the fall.

Years
  • I think the best thing you can do is tell yourself that you can do it. You'll be nervous regardless, but it's the most exhilarating feeling acting confident and being nervous at the same time XD Come to think of it, driving is actually a very intuitive activity. Even if you can't predict, you can still react!

Snowdrop

Years
  • I hope you're right xD But what I'm worried about: the car has no AC, so in Spring and Summer I'd have to roll the window down. However, I have severe entomophobia. A while ago a bee flew in and I freaked the hell out. I definitely need to get a car with AC so I can keep my windows up xD But yeah, I'm a jumpy, nervous person so that's one of the reasons I'm really scared.

Years
  • Oh goodness. Insects and cars make a horrible combination. When you're going 100+ km on the freeway across Canadian wilderness, grasshoppers like to make your car's AC system their permanent residence. Your car will smell like decaying insect for the rest of its life. Also, you can go through a carwash and have that decaying insect smell combined with soap. Yummy.

Snowdrop

Years
  • Oh dear D: I didn't know grasshoppers would even choose to reside in a car's AC... like, isn't that kind of dangerous? XD How many grasshoppers would it take to make a car smell like decaying insects, dang xD

Years
  • Maybe an hour out on the prairies ugh. And on a hot summer day they start roasting. And when it gets damp they start molding DX They live there forever cuz they like to die and ruin the rest of your life with their smells.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • They keep crickets as pets in China.

I never got it. If you were out of that cage I would kill you WHY IS IT ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU'RE A PET WHEN I PUT YOU IN A CAGE

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Oh goodness. Insects and cars make a horrible combination. When you're going 100+ km on the freeway across Canadian wilderness, grasshoppers like to make your car's AC system their permanent residence. Your car will smell like decaying insect for the rest of its life. Also, you can go through a carwash and have that decaying insect smell combined with soap. Yummy.

Are there any other insects that uses a car's AC as their permanent residence?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Ever seen a camel cricket? They look like massive spiders if you don't know what they are. I:
    Spoiler:

I found one in my kitchen once. My cat was very interested and tried to kill it. He apparently ate some of its legs, then proceeded to vomit them up on the floor.

I normally don't mind bugs. I'm one of those people who will catch spiders and let them go outside. Although there's a spider on my back porch that has markings incredibly similar to that of a brown recluse...I don't think I want to mess with that one haha.

Years
  • Okay, now this is really making me worry and hope that no bugs get trapped into my car -_- though I often do worry about bugs because I hate them with a passion, especially wasps or anything that stings

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • I always check my car for bugs before I get in to it during the summer, because I hate bugs. One of my car windows can't close all the way, so I check it all the dang time. Never thought about checking the pipes / under the hood, though. They'd die there anyway, I'd think. :/

Snowdrop

Years
  • ^ Yeah, I think the heat is so high that bugs can't really handle it. Any that go up there will probably die. Uck, and what is it with wasps being attracted to hot metal? They always hang around the metal parts of cars and awnings in the summer... there's few things I'm more scared of than wasps! XD

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Well I think it's because they're attracted to heat because their food or something is generally "hotter" than their surroundings so a metal awning looks like a swarm of insects or humans to them.

Snowdrop

Years
  • Hm... I wonder what wasps even eat? It's time to G-G-G-G-G-Google!

It prefers sweet plants but can eat other plants, and it also eats smaller insects. Oh and they lay their eggs in other insects so the babies will just eat their way through... they also sometimes drink the blood of honeybees... what the heck?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Hm... I wonder what wasps even eat? It's time to G-G-G-G-G-Google!

It prefers sweet plants but can eat other plants, and it also eats smaller insects. Oh and they lay their eggs in other insects so the babies will just eat their way through... they also sometimes drink the blood of honeybees... what the heck?

wasps - the closest thing the rest of the world has to australia

japanese-hornet.jpg

NOPE

bonus: well damn both SAT and WiFi have no actual meaning but are acronyms irregardless.

what is wrong with companies

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back