• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I actually like modern electronic music a lot, and I'll enjoy pretty much all of the genres. I was never really into classical rock, just not enough energy and a groove to ride on for me.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I can say that I'm a fan of a few modern songs, but I always have preferred listening to the classics. Genre isn't much of an issue for me as long as the song sounds interesting.

@Cirno I'm not too sure what Teen Titans Go is, it looks like a badly animated remake :(

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I like songs that are simple and with a lot of emotion. Its a racial favourite basically, Chinese love their sad songs a lot.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm more into underrated artists, I'm trying to stay away from "modern" music as it as taken a turn to crap, plus I'm also having a keen interest in country. Songs these days really move me tbh!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • anti-"modern" music circlejerk

lmfao

But really, see above, haha. People are imo way too quick to say "I don't like x period / style of music" without listening to much from it at all. Hell, I think it's good to listen to music from genres which you don't think you like. You might find something new if you're open-minded about it.

Years
  • I have a bit of variety in the music I listen to. If you looked at the genres on my iTunes, you would agree with me. I have preferable genres but not favorite genres, because every now and then I will find music from a genre that I don't listen too much and like it. But, I do have one or two genres I hate.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • The type of music I like varies, but the main genre I like is Alternative and the big umbrella of genres under it (mainly indie rock/indie pop lately). Though I can also enjoy a lot of electronic (particularly things similar to Owl City and The Postal Service aka indietroncia if you want to give it a name), techno and dubstep music. I'm not a big fan of most pop music unless it actually has some lyrical substance other than a few repetitive lines. Music I like usually has substance and good written lyrics, though sometimes I can jam to almost anything.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh jesus the anti-"modern" music circlejerk has arrived

maybe you need to pick a genre because not all modern music sounds the same.

unfortunately people cannot seem to see past nicki minaj when it comes to the term modern music so their opinions are usually thoughtless regurgitated garbage

Years
  • Well, wow, okay. AW, you've just described most of the music I listen to! I love Owl City's album; Midsummer Station, love the songs on it. I've found, from personal findings, that a lot of people that like rock-based music tend to enjoy genres such as dubstep, electronic.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Most of the mainstream is thoughtless regurgitated garbage. I hear the same things over and over again in several different songs from several different singers/bands/whatever.

Music is something that should make your mind move, not your body.

That being said, I don't like electronic/synthetized sounds. And I don't like mainstream lyrics which revolve around the same thing over and over again.

Also - if someone is going to make a song without lyrics, there could at least be shown ability in the instruments and songwriting to make people feel something even though it has no lyrics, instead of just being something to make people jump around.

Years
  • I really love instrumental music, and usually I prefer it over any music without lyrics. If someone creates a piece of instrumental music, I'd probably like it regardless of genre.

And I agree that instrumental music needs to have some thought into it, such as making one feel comfortable and not like they're listening to a jumbled mess.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Omg, can someone please dance with me? I have such an urge to do some Swing right now. :C

I think it's cause I'm listening to this:

Years
  • unfortunately people cannot seem to see past nicki minaj when it comes to the term modern music so their opinions are usually thoughtless regurgitated garbage

I kinda like Nicki Minaj, I really like her ability to enunciate.

Omg, can someone please dance with me? I have such an urge to do some Swing right now. :C

I think it's cause I'm listening to this:

I love funky music! I'll dance.

Years
  • Elvis Presley certainly made good music, and he has an easily recognizable style too. For some odd reason though my mom cannot tolerate his music :<

Years
  • Oh a music debate.

I'm very confidant that modern "Pop" music is most definitely not mindless garbage. It is garbage, but usually their are multiple writers, multiple producers, multiple engineers but only one musician if you can even call them that.
    A lot of energy goes into chart topping hits, so much research is done so that they start on top of the trends and then associate that into a form of musical expression so that everyone gives them money. The reason they don't last long is because the sound only fits that mood for like a month or two rendering it useless afterwards.

That being said. I do not like modern pop music. It ruins everything that art is supposed to stand for, people have just found another way to distract the public and grab at their wallets and not give real passionate and usually fantastic underground bands a chance.

I don't know how Nicki Minaj happened and I'd prefer not to talk about it.
    You see with mega popular acts like One Direction for example I can somewhat look past their popularity because they are all talented singers, Bieber on the other hand is just an annoying post-pubescent swaggot with the emotional range of a spoon. He is little more than a cereal box mascot for his brand.

Oh! I also want to make it very clear that "Indy" is not a genre. So if you go and say that Tame Impala or Alt-J are Indy bands, think about what that means. Most similar bands are signed to major record labels. I know that tame Impala is signed to an Australian label who is distributed by Universal. So indy is alternative pop, cool? Cool.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I have no idea why people consider "Indy" (or "Indie") as a genre.. I have always known of that term to be used for private or self-record labels by artists instead of major record labels. I guess it's just a common misconception with music.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back