• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • Well, because that's basically like announcing "I'm going to use 6 OU legends on my team, guys, just so you know." That's not fun or useful for winning matches. Like I said in this argument a way while back, I'd still play and what not if all the legends except uber were permitted, but I'm just in favor of capping it someway.

All UU/BL legends allowed plus the ability to choose 3 OU for your team? Isn't that enough? Just because their in OU tier doesn't mean they aren't still the powerful legendary Pokemon that they are. I don't make the greatest argument for it, but still, the vast majority of battlers here are not going to set up a team of six OU legends (unless they're all un-EV trained and bad natures..).

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I personally dislike battling with legends, and to this day I always roll my eyes when facing one.

Well, if the limit is taken away completely, there may be a few people who want a full OU legend team like Ryan said. But how would that increase one's chance of winning? In my experience battling, only one of the OU legends has ever really been a problem to my teams, heh.

So, how about if I allow anything that isn't Uber for the following Tourney, and see how it goes?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I personally dislike battling with legends, and to this day I always roll my eyes when facing one.

Well, if the limit is taken away completely, there may be a few people who want a full OU legend team like Ryan said. But how would that increase one's chance of winning? In my experience battling, only one of the OU legends has ever really been a problem to my teams, heh.

So, how about if I allow anything that isn't Uber for the following Tourney, and see how it goes?

Why not? I doubt people will have teams with 6 OU legends on them. First of all, some non-legend OU's are always going to be used over the likes of Azelf, Cresselia and Heatran and such. People aren't going to drop their Gengars and Gyrados' just because they can use legends now. I can't even think of a good team that would use all OU-legends.

Second, A usable OU legend is a lot harder to find than a regular breedable OU. The IV's won't always be as good as regular breeds, so people are naturally going to go for the easier choice.

I say let the legends fly and see how it goes. If things start getting ridiculous, we can revisit the situation.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I say let the legends fly and see how it goes. If things start getting ridiculous, we can revisit the situation.
    That is exactly how I see it now. Hopefully they won't be abused, heh. Though, as always, things are ridiculous in Round One. XD

Sinatra

"and let the drums roll"
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    Why not? I doubt people will have teams with 6 OU legends on them. First of all, some non-legend OU's are always going to be used over the likes of Azelf, Cresselia and Heatran and such. People aren't going to drop their Gengars and Gyrados' just because they can use legends now. I can't even think of a good team that would use all OU-legends.

Second, A usable OU legend is a lot harder to find than a regular breedable OU. The IV's won't always be as good as regular breeds, so people are naturally going to go for the easier choice.

I say let the legends fly and see how it goes. If things start getting ridiculous, we can revisit the situation.
    It's not hard if you have an R4 like some of the people I know.....

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • I'm finally back home for a small break! I'm good to go for any and all tourney battles for the next few days! I plan on being on all tonight and most of the day tomorrow! Thanks guys

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well I'll give you to the end of the day tomorrow, Alex. After that I'll let the most active of the four of you move on. So be sure to get some battles done so I don't have to do that! :D

I don't even know which of you is the most active, XD. I'll have to do some checking tomorrow if it does come to that. Heh....

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • haha I'll do my best! And whatever happens happens :-DD

I just hope one of them is ready to throw down when they sign on!

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    6v6, single
    Clause: Hax item, 0HKO, self destruct, sleep
    PM me with FC
    EDIT

excuse this post, i thought it was quick battle thread lawl

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Just posting to say that Alex, DA, Xairmo, and WKL have another 5 hours to get their results in. After that point I'll post saying which one of you gets to face Aurasphere in the Semi-Final. ^^

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I had figured Prince would join me here. I'm hoping it'll be an epic match between him and Xairmo, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Not that anyone cares, but I've found out that my Wi-Fi might be coming back, so hopefully I'll be joining in the next tournament. *crosses fingers*

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I had figured Prince would join me here. I'm hoping it'll be an epic match between him and Xairmo, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Not that anyone cares, but I've found out that my Wi-Fi might be coming back, so hopefully I'll be joining in the next tournament. *crosses fingers*

I care! Awesome! Rematch for sure ;) Haha. guess getting to the actual EV training portion of my remake might be a good idea...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Haha definitely! I didn't know what to expect in that match..I was only battling like every other round and didn't have much experience then. Hopefully you do get wifi back. It'd be great to have you in the ESO too!

Back