• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Future?

Banned
Years
  • Hello PC, once again I deliver you a thread. A nostalgia thread.

I know that many of you guys (especially the original members) are at least 18. I wonder if you older guys will get tired of the community and move on in life. I know most won't though. You older members give great advice to the newbies of the PokeCommunity. Unless if they are complete noobs. I'm just wondering if you guys will leave and by then, people who joined around 2010 or 2011 like me will be considered a veteran of the community (which usually takes more years). Then with you guys out of the picture, we give the advice to the newbies of 2012, 2020, 2030, etc. then we'll be the known members.

What do you think of it guys?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I visit every so often to post this and that, simply because I know there will be an audience and there will be a response. That's harder to get on the internet than it sounds.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I don't see that age holds much weight on giving advice, at least when it comes to here. There are plenty of new and young members that give just as good advice as somebody several years older or that has been here several years longer. And of course older members will eventually leave, it happens all the time people come and people go in real life and on the internet it's just part of life. In terms of when new members will become vets technically they are eligible for Vet Emblems three years after their registration if I remember correctly. Then again members could be new to the site and a vet at a certain field within this site, they just didn't come here too showcase their talents until now.

Years
  • I visit every so often to post this and that, simply because I know there will be an audience and there will be a response. That's harder to get on the internet than it sounds.
    I completely agree.
    I've been a member of PC for about six years now (on a couple of different accounts), and after all that time, it's harder to keep coming back and back. Plus, I have more and more to do in life. When I was Ten, I had all of the free time in the world to be on this site. Now, it feels like the same thing over and over again. The same situations and conversations, but that doesn't mean I'm trying to get more involved. However, that doesn't meaning things haven't changed. After they started the pair thread four years ago, I still don't have a pair. I don't talk to many people on the site, which is what I see a lot of members doing. I feel like I am missing out on so much and that tends to draw me away a lot more. The sad thing is, I can't really think of anything to fix it.
    I see what you are saying. The longer PC stays online, the more of a rotation it will be between members. I really never hope to leave the site, but at the same time, I'm finding it harder to stay.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Obviously I wont be here forever. Life happens, responsibilities accumulate, and different situations and priorities arise. I come here just to dick around, really (hope that term doesn't sound negative, haha).. so.. I don't know what else to say.. haha :3

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I barely come on here nowadays. Also, age has nothing to do with giving wise advice to the new generation of members. One just needs a sassy attitude and some good typing skills to do that.

Also, that's pretty much inevitable. Today's veterans will eventually disappear, even if it takes another decade. The most active members of today could possibly be gone for months. That new member with only one post count and a Comic Sans Ms post might just become the next Super Moderator. The future's too bright for anyone to see.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 2012 I'll still be a mod. Maybe in 2015 I will be turned into orange juice. 2020 I can assure you I'll be gone though. And um maybe DPPt and HGSS forums will merge into DS generation forum and they'll be old and will fall into GPGD and RS remakes will rule the forums aaaand...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Whenever I feel like I've fulfilled my service and responsibility to the community, I'll gracefully bow out, exit stage right, and have my role available for someone else to take on.

Years
  • I don't know how long I will be here. I could be here for another year, I could be here for longer. I don't think of the forum as, how long I am going to be here, I am just enjoying it for now and I will see how I go.​

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Lets see with things like The Sims 3 Game/Website,Call Of Duty 3 and real life means PC takes a back-seat. Also the various other websites I go on :)

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well,I plan to still be here intill the forum closes or pokemon does die off because as it stands now all i do is play pokemon and the forums.If by some chance i do start a life thou i still won't just forget about the forums ill check it every now and then.As for all the new members coming in.We were all new at one point and time.Over the years people come and go and that is to be exspected.Some grow to old for pokemon or some just get sick of it because they have been around it and dedicated there time to it to much.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I think I'll stick around for quite a while. Gosh, it's be funny and really strange if I stayed long enough to see my kids join.

Morgnarok

Years
  • I think I'll stick around for quite a while. Gosh, it's be funny and really strange if I stayed long enough to see my kids join.

That would be interesting if someone got to ee there kids get involved into pokemon and join the forums.

Morgnarok

Years
  • Well i hate kids so i won't be the one to see it but it would be interesting from my perspective.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I will stay long enough or donate sometime to get a blog at least. Going for 5000 posts at the moment unless I get lucky and win some £££s :)

Morgnarok

Years
  • Well like i said my anwser pretty much is i will be here till the day that i die enless some how i screw up and get banned then i would prob be so active and love the community that i would restart all over from the begining.

Years
  • I think it depends on how long Pokemon stays, really.
    After that, PC will just be a bunch of cult-followers, obsessing over a fad that's come and gone.
    I can see myself staying until my 20's, most likely, unless irl rears it's ugly head.
    It's a great community, and I don't get anything negative out of it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I pray to God my kids never join this place, get modded, and see their father's horrible naughty posts in staff forums. Or anywhere really. They'll think "wow my dad was a prick." I agree with Nick, it'd be disturbing if our kids join here. lol

Back