• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pencil...Wars! Wood or Mechanical?

Do you prefer Mechanical or Wood Pencil?

• Total voters

helix

tea-binger.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    As good for drawing and such that a wooden pencil is, it's hardly convenient. I move around a lot, so my natural preference would be towards mechanical pencils as I don't have to sharpen them all the time and leave residue all over the place.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I use mechanical pencils for regular school work and doodling, but I use the wooden pencils for important tests such as the SATS.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Wood. More easy to break and leave a nice chunk of wood and lead in your enemy's leg. i mean wood of course cause its nice and durable.

Cid

Years
  • Though mechanical pencils don't get dull, wooden ones get my vote.

Why?

Because I think they're a lot comfortable in my hands, and you don't have to worry about losing the lead for the mechanical ones. Besides, I like sharpening.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I really don't mind, but I tend to use mechanical pencils for writing and wooden pencils for drawing.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Pen please, oh wait, that's not an option? D: 'kay, then I'll take mechanical, since I can use it over 'n' over without going to sharpen it.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Neither. Pens rule the world! I don't use pencils at all in school. Normally. There's the time where my pen goes to another pen's birthday party and disappears on me, making me borrow a pencil. I get both kinds of pencils, but I like wood. They're better for drawing in class. :321

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Mechanical pencils for sure. I'm too lazy to go get up and sharpen my pencil, so with mechanical pencils, I don't have to get up.

But I do prefer pens over pencils because they don't break. You just have to get a new one when you run out of ink. :( I only use pencils for math class and drawing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Hurr hurr, definitely wooden.
    I always have a sharpener on me, and use only the good pencils like Staples brand ones (or I just steal some of the school ones). Mechanical pencils suck when it comes to doodling and drawing, which is what I'm doing 75% of the time in my classes anyway.
    Besides, the mechanical pencils are always breaking. I write dark, fast and in script; having the stupid thin lead snap on me while I'm on a writing roll (like on an essay) is frustrating.
    And pens? I hate pens. I'm a neat freak, make too many mistakes and I never have any white-out on me.

So yeah, wooden FTW.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Mechanical for sure, wood pencils always seem to make my fingers sore. Plus, wood pencils dull really quickly while mechanical pencils are pretty much always sharp, depending on the thickness of the lead you're using. And if your lead breaks on a wooden pencil, your screwed, while with a mechanical pencil you just click a few times and you're fine.

And if that wasn't reason enough for me to use mechanical pencils, I'm also a little OCD about thick lines, which you get when you write with wood. yeah...

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Mechanical pencils for me.
    Ive been using them since like...grade 3.
    so Im used to it now. But I remember in grades 2 n below I used wooden pencils and I was good at it.
    When I use wooden pencils these days, I press too hard and ugh I usually turn in a messy rough copy with wooden pencils.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I prefer mechanical pencils. It's a lot easier to click up a new point on the pencil than it is to goto the sharpener and grind on it for 30 minutes to get the point right.
    On the worse days I definitely want mechanical because I'm so clumsy I break the wooden pencil tips right off somehow. (Believe me, cheap wooden pencils tend to fall apart on me unless they're made of a wood composite like Sanford yellow pencils)

However a good wooden pencil can be the saving grace when you run out of lead for your mechanical pencil. If sharpened properly, they can be pretty sturdy. (but a dull point gets to be hard to read)

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • Wood.
    Alot of people laugh at me for this,but I can't properly put lead inside a mechanical pencil >_>; So I stick with good old fashioned sharpening~

Back