• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pichu (Ilex Forest, Notched-Ear) Thread

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    The N-E-Pichu isnt that unigue, to be honest, I find it obvious, the notched ear is the female Pichu gender difference!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Merged the "Notched-Ear Pichu" thread with the other Pichu thread we had going. Renamed them so it's easier to find.

Torn Wings

These wings protect me...
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    I love it when they put little side things with the Pokemon in the games. :)
    Like in Pokemon Diamond when you give the Psyduck the medicine, they run off, but one goes it the wrong direction. :) Always made me giggle!
    Hope that this side thing will make me giggle. Who know's, maybe the Pichu's will pop up somewhere else in the game...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think the new Pichu is really unique especially if it'll be the only one people can get. I do agree that it should be female though.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It was merged because it was the same discussion. Anyway, yeah hopefully it'll be a female, but it makes me wonder...What will this Pichu look like if it evolves, will it even be able to evolve for that matter?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    That, would be bad, kinda. I have a level 19 Pichu in my Platinum, and it is taken down in one hit. But, if it did evolve, then it might lose its notched ear. I wouldn't want that. I also agree that it should be female. A male one doesn't make sense.

Years
    Doesnt really matter!

It doesnt really bother me to be honest, im almost hoping they dont show much, saving for the newly updated surprises when its released. Anyone else agree?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It probaly would be able to evolve, and if it is a female, then it'll more than likely just have the indented tail that the female Pikachus were given in DPPt. For me though, I wouldn't evolve it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't see that happening, I think it is taking the Notch Eared effect a little too far.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Everstone.

And, I don't really want a family of Notched ears. I would keep Pichu as it is as well, I think, and keep my Pikachu as well.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You could probably breed it, but all that might come out is just a regular Pichu. I don't think they'll allow a unique Notch Eared Pichu become overly popular or else that defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive in-game event Pokémon to obtain.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Well, the NE Pichu in the movie IS a female Pichu, so I would imagine that it would stay that way in the game XD As far as all female Pichu's having a notched ear, it's possible, but that would take away from it being a "special" Pichu, so I don't really think it will happen :P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Seeing as Bulbapedia released information on the Notch Eared Pichu having a special liking to a certain berry in the 12th movie, it wouldn't surprise me if the in-game event for it allows you obtain its favorite berry as well. That'll just have to wait for more news to release that I would believe.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Itll proably be a unique event pichu, but I dont think you can catch it. The game activates the event with the Pikachu colored Pichu, so Notch Eared is probably just a wild.

Back