• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pikachu; Hug or Kill? 1 WEEK TO VOTE UNTIL APRIL 17th!!!!!

I ____ Pikachu.

• Total voters

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
Years
  • Lol, it's quite funny to see everyone being like "i wanna kill pikachu its so ANNOYING D:!!11one11" over a fictional franchise. :D

Meh, I don't really feel anything for Pikachu. I don't watch the Anime, so in general, Pikachu is OK. Raichu pwns tho. X3

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I don't love it, but I do have to admit that Pikachu is cute. It's cuddly, it's furry, and on top of everything it's yellow. Plus, the bond Pikachu shared with Ash is simply... aww. LOL.
    I don't see any reason for it being hated.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Get rid of Uberchu. Because it is overpowered, and no rational explanation is given why.

I want to see a powerful Pikachu, but I also want an explanation as to WHY it's powerful. Like genedtic manipulation, or perhpas an amnesiatic, form-shifted legendary...
    Maybe it has perfect IVs?

That's my explanation, anyway. Team Rocket did notice that it was much more powerful than the average Pikachu way back in "Pokemon Emergency." Combine that with being rediculously overleveled from traveling through six regions (counted Kanto twice) and you've got one powerful Pokemon.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • Even at lvl 100, it shouldn't be that powerful. At least, not naturally.

If they made a movie, or at least a special, that explains Pikachu's godlike power, I might be inclined to watch it again. But until then, I just have no interest.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Let's crucify the Pikachu. :)

The rodent is a parasite, a virus if you will. It doesn't go away, but now we have the medicine to do so (the writers). I say kill Pikachu and bring back my favorite starter, Chikorita (or now Bayleef).

Terminator

Destiny is the only motivation
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    eww out of all of ash's pokemon is chikorita was the worst such a love hogger. Totodile for life of ash's pokemon :].

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Even at lvl 100, it shouldn't be that powerful. At least, not naturally.

If they made a movie, or at least a special, that explains Pikachu's godlike power, I might be inclined to watch it again. But until then, I just have no interest.
    This brings about the old question if levels have a limit in the anime. I remember there being an episode between Cerulean and Vermilion City where it was said that Pikachu was at about lv. 25. If that rate continued where Pikachu gained about 25 levels after every two gyms, then Pikachu would have been at lv. 100 at the end of the first season, or, at the very latest, the end of the Orange Saga. Then add in the amount of battles and training that it had in Johto, Hoenn, Kanto (Battle Frontier) and up to this point in Sinnoh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I like Pikachu^^ It's cute and i guess strong? It's not perfect,but nothings ever perfect,right?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • I just want to get the shot perfect...

Oops, sorry. Anyways, Pikachu at first was cool. In the Kanto and Orange Island parts, I liked it. It wasn't until the later part of the Johto saga that I started hating it.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • I don't hate it. I still think it's cute and cool. But they all but destroyed it's personality. I like the idea of a super-powerful Pikachu, as stated before, but there just isn't a sound enough explanation.

But, I think this actually gives potential. Like I said earlier, if they made a movie or special that gave some sort of awesome explanation, that'd be cool.

Like, perhaps Uberchu is actually another, as-of-yet unknown legendary that somehow lost it's memory, most of its power, and was transformed into a Pikachu. Or perhaps Uberchu bears some sort of connection to a legendary, or even Arceus.

You have to admit, a movie or special about this would be pretty good, and would clear up a lot of issues with the anime. Plus, it would make all the fans realize that Ash's Pikachu really is special.

Years
  • i actually like pikachu :D
    he's more than just a pokemon too, he's really like a symbol for pokemon as a whole

The Red Chain

I actually like Pikachu. I will be honest that it can get a bit annoying after a while..
    But as I'm sure many Pikachu lovers have said, without Pikachu in the anime, it isn't Pokemon anymore.

Back