• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pitch Black {Dark-Type Fan Club}

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years

• Welcome to Pitch Black, the Dark-type Fan Club.

Introduction
    Dark-Type Pokémon are known to be furtive, deceitful, yet powerful at the same time. If you like their traits, or just like Dark-type Pokémon in general, then this club is for you.

Mascot
    The club's mascot is Zoroark.
    I've originally also thought about Hydreigon and Darkrai, but Hydreigon wasn't a pure dragon-type and Darkrai fell out of my favor after some consideration, because it was bit of old-gereration. However it was honored with the club's name. (Darkrai is a Pitch-Black pokemon)

Rules
    1. Obey all Pokécommunity rules.

2. Respect all members.
    3. Do not Troll. (It's part of PC Rules but this one needs to be emphasized)
    3.5. That also means no derailing from topics unless you're making a new topic, or making a new topic irrelevant to dark-types.
    4. Do not ask to be ranked up, unless I forgot to when I was supposed to.
    5. NO ASKING FOR ZORUA (With exception of co-owners) AND ZOROARK. :cross-eye
    6. If you don't like something in this club, then contact me. Do not complain in this thread.
    7. If a certain member in the club misbehaves, contact me or the co-owners. Do not get involved in flame wars.
    8. Do not exercise powers that you don't have. (example: a normal member trying to "give out" infractions)
    8.5. That also means you can't use my club owner userbar at ANY TIME. (see userbars section for details)

Additional rules for Co-Owners
    9. Do not abuse your powers. Doing so will result in automatic infraction and de-ranking.
    10. Stay active. If you have been inactive in this club for 2 weeks, your co-ownership will be removed.

If you break any of the above rules, you will be given an infraction, and possibly be kicked out and/or have your post reported depending on the degree of the offense. The rules are subject to change.

Infractions
    Below is list of members who have an infraction in this club. If you break the rules after you have an infraction, you will be kicked out of the club. Length of infraction depends on which rule you broke, and how much you abused it. If you received an infraction as a co-owner or devotee of darkness, you will be de-ranked.
    Code:
    No-one in the club has received an infraction at this time.
    Sign-Up Form
    Reason why you joined this club:
    Your Partner (You must choose Pokémon offered below^) :

^No-one in the club is allowed to pick Zoroark, because it is the mascot of the club. Zorua can only be picked by co-leaders.

Pure Dark-type Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Primary Dark-type Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Secondary Dark-type Pokémon
    Spoiler:

Ranks
    Owner***: Can do anything within the club.
    Co-Owner**: Can infract members and is allowed to pick third partner, which is allowed to be a Zorua.
    Devotee of Darkness*: Can make new topics and is allowed to have extra partner.
    Members: Well... they're club members.

Members

2cool4mewtwo***

zappyspiker*
    (zcyler)
    TheSmartOne*

Hikari10

DVK*

BinaryPeaches

Drakow

バイナリ人

HellDog

grooveturtle*

dragon456

poke are poke

Snorelacks
    (Beast.)
    Spinosaurus

assassinjay1229
    (Night)
    CrystalOcean
    (Sutakuro)
    cacturne4512

Previous Topics

What is your favorite Dark-type Pokémon?
    What do you think is the most underrated Dark-type Pokémon?

What is the one dark-type pokemon you'd like to see in real life?
    Have you ever caught a dark-type pokemon? If so, did you use it often?
    What is your favorite dark-type move?
    Which dark-type pokémon do you think is the strongest?
    If you had a chance to pick a new mascot for this club, who would it be?
    If dark-types weren't introduced in this game in the first place, would you have been okay with overpowered psychic types?
    Are you disappointed by the fact that there are no dark-type gyms?
    Which Dark-type Pokemon do you think is the most deceitful?What is your favorite pokemon episode featuring dark-type pokemon?
    Which non-dark type pokemon do you think can also be a part dark-type?
    do you think the new Dark type move's introduced in the DS generations have made dark types more deadly? do you think that they allow for more strategy, why, or why not?
    What makes you like dark-types and/or dark-type Pokemon?
    Who is your favorite dark-type master?

Current Topic

What do you think is dark-type pokemons' weakness? (besides their typing)

Events

There are no events currently ongoing in this club.

Userbars
    You can use these userbars to promote this club. Just copy any of these and paste it into your signature to use it!

IMPORTANT: If you are found to be using my club owner userbar, you will be asked to remove it. Failure to comply within 72 hours (3 days) will result in automatically being kicked out form this club. If you still insist on using it, then I'll contact the moderators about it.​

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Reason why you joined this club: Apart that Dark types are my favourites after Electric types! The cool fact that Dark-types have an immunity to Psychic-type moves and yet Dark types are super effective against them. Also loving a combination of Dark and Ghost gives a pokemon no weakness ... awesome
    Apart from that, been a member of the original long lasting dark type club "As Dark As Night" since 2009
    Your Partner Zcyler my Poochyena has been my partner since 2009 and shall stay my partner now!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Reason why you joined this club: I like dark types bro.
    Your Partner: Weavile FTW.

Hurk, them's some discriminatory regulations up there. Don't see why people should be prevented from choosing Zorua or Zoroark just because they're lower-ranking. I personally would choose the Sneasel family over the Zorua family any day; what makes the Zorua family special? My suggestion would be to have a no-duplicates rule- that is to say, nobody in the club can have a partner of the same species that someone else has. Also, I've seen many a club go down the drain for lack of people introducing topics, but that's your choice I suppose.

Anyway, my favorite dark-type is the Sneasel family. They have always served me well in-game and the Sneasel family has the ability to learn my favorite move- False Swipe. And they're also ice-type, which I adore.

Years
  • Username: Hikari10

I'm joining because some Dark-types are among my fave Pokemon!

My Partner: A cute Stunky (it's my fave Dark Pokemon)

Skip Class

Years
  • Hurk, them's some discriminatory regulations up there. Don't see why people should be prevented from choosing Zorua or Zoroark just because they're lower-ranking.

^ Has a good point, Zorua and Zoroark are equally dark types with any other dark type (Well they still are dark types xD) shouldn't prevent other dark type lovers from it.

Anyway, my favorite dark-type is the Sneasel family. They have always served me well in-game and the Sneasel family has the ability to learn my favorite move- False Swipe. And they're also ice-type, which I adore.

If I didn't choose Poochyena, Sneasel would probably would be my partner (Already my partner at the Ice FC and I get edgy having a partner at two different clubs). False Swipes Helps me so much in catching my pokemon <3 The fact of it's speed is what I really love though.

So didn't see this topic xD
    What is your favorite Dark-type Pokémon?

Well I actually have 3:
    Poochyena I liked cause they attacked Birch in R/S/E xD They're so cute and I just wanna cuddle them :3 Also being a Wolf like pokemon also pulls me towards them :D

Umbreon is equally my favourite eeveeloution next to Jolteon (Symbolises my two favourite types!) I was so happy that Gary evolved his Eevee to an Umbreon, I always had a thing for his eevee :3
    As well as this :
    Umbreon can spray a poisonous sweat whenever it gets agitated.
    I also really like it's tough Special Defence which Karen's Umbreon always give me a hard time on

Sneasel I've already said, fast speed (great for the Pokeathelon Speed course :3) and a decently good attack. I also really liked Silver's Sneasel from PokeSpec, being one of Silver's first pokemon and all - His partner in crime

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Well I actually have 3:
    Poochyena I liked cause they attacked Birch in R/S/E xD They're so cute and I just wanna cuddle them :3 Also being a Wolf like pokemon also pulls me towards them :D
    Hey now! That's my buddy Birch you're attacking over there! ;_;
    Haha but I love Poochyena as well. They were always good to me in Emerald & ofc they evolve into the beautiful Mightyena!

Sneasel I've already said, fast speed (great for the Pokeathelon Speed course :3) and a decently good attack. I also really liked Silver's Sneasel from PokeSpec, being one of Silver's first pokemon and all - His partner in crime
    The speed makes all the difference in that evolution line, I swear. And Silver's Sneasel was totally badass. <3 One of my favorite Pokemon in the GS arc.

Skip Class

Years
  • Hey now! That's my buddy Birch you're attacking over there! ;_;
    Haha but I love Poochyena as well. They were always good to me in Emerald & ofc they evolve into the beautiful Mightyena!

I didn't play R/S/E that much, I played it for my cousin who couldn't finish parts of the game. Though the benefit being I could steal some pokemon from her Emerald and import them to my Diamond game xD The first pokemon I imported was actually Poochyena! I love Mightyena as well... though I really like most Wolf like pokemon

The speed makes all the difference in that evolution line, I swear. And Silver's Sneasel was totally badass. <3 One of my favorite Pokemon in the GS arc.

Silver's Sneasel also one of my favourite right after Explotaro and Ataro <3

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i would like to join this club.

Reason why you joined this club: I like dark types, second favourite behind ice types.
    Your Partner:Soul my Hasty Absol :)

Favourite Dark type is a tie between Absol and Vullaby, Absol has been my trusted pokemon since i started emerald haha it is now in my Platinum game xD
    and Vullaby, i just love it one of the most useful 5th generation pokemon in my B/W team.
    Honorable Mentions:Umbreon, sableye, shiftry

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Welcome to the club, ZappySpiker, TheSmartOne, Hikari10, and DVK! I hope you have nice time in here!

Hurk, them's some discriminatory regulations up there. Don't see why people should be prevented from choosing Zorua or Zoroark just because they're lower-ranking. I personally would choose the Sneasel family over the Zorua family any day; what makes the Zorua family special? My suggestion would be to have a no-duplicates rule- that is to say, nobody in the club can have a partner of the same species that someone else has. Also, I've seen many a club go down the drain for lack of people introducing topics, but that's your choice I suppose.
    A while ago, I've decided that Zoroark will be the mascot of the club, and mascots are bit special, aren't they? Plus allowing Zorua to be claimed after being a co-owner encourages people to be active, if they really want it. It's not meant to be discriminatory, but I see where you're coming from. If this becomes a problem, then I'll lower the requirements, or possibly free Zorua to choose for regular members. Zoroark is always going to be a special, though, because it's the mascot, after all. (sorry if I wasn't too clear on this... after all I didn't even mention the mascot -____-)

In other news, new topic is now up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Reason why you joined this club: Dark Pokemon has always had that ~mysterious~ side to them; something that I've always liked.
    Your Partner (You must choose Pokémon offered below^): Absol please!

I guess it makes sense for it to be the mascot, but that could be because it was like Lucario as the 'psuedo-legendery' of Fifth Gen. However, I do think you should change your reason as to why we can't choose Zorua/Zoroark to the reason you explained above. It would hopefully prevent further questions about it. It also sounds like you're saying that we can't choose 'im because we're not cool enough. :(

I disagree with only one partner per member though because that only means that only a certain amount of members can join. :x

Anyways, topic! You should've posted the topic in your post so I don't have to scroll back up. ;_;

Hmm... I'm not too sure. I guess Honchkrow would be among them? I don't hear people speak about it that often. Crawdaunt is a bit underrated as well, but that could have been the fault of lack of a better dark move before fourth gen. I refuse to say Sableye because I hate the creature.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Reason why you joined this club: Dark Pokemon has always had that ~mysterious~ side to them; something that I've always liked.
    Your Partner (You must choose Pokémon offered below^): Absol please!

I guess it makes sense for it to be the mascot, but that could be because it was like Lucario as the 'psuedo-legendery' of Fifth Gen. However, I do think you should change your reason as to why we can't choose Zorua/Zoroark to the reason you explained above. It would hopefully prevent further questions about it. It also sounds like you're saying that we can't choose 'im because we're not cool enough. :(

I disagree with only one partner per member though because that only means that only a certain amount of members can join. :x

Anyways, topic! You should've posted the topic in your post so I don't have to scroll back up. ;_;

Hmm... I'm not too sure. I guess Honchkrow would be among them? I don't hear people speak about it that often. Crawdaunt is a bit underrated as well, but that could have been the fault of lack of a better dark move before fourth gen. I refuse to say Sableye because I hate the creature.
    Thanks for the suggestions. The "cool" part was only tongue in cheek, but I guess some members will take it like a bit of offense.

Last edited:

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • What do you think is the most underrated Dark-type Pokémon?
    i would have to agree with BinaryPeaches and go with honchkrow, dark/flying is a very good typing combination, being super effective against ghost, psychic, Bug, Grass, and Fighting. it also has good defense, with immunities to ground and psychic, and 3 weaknesses of Bug, Electric and Ice. Honchcrow also has pretty good stats too, with 505 BST, with Attack and Sp.Attack being it's highest followed by HP. it's only downfall i would say is in it's defense stats being both 52 which is a bit low.

Skip Class

Years
  • What do you think is the most underrated Dark-type Pokémon?
    Can't really say much since I was gonna say Honchkrow too xD I don't really look at Underrated and overrated that much but apart from honchkrow bit hard to say...
    Maybe Sharpedo and Cacturne cause I don't really hear much about them. Sharpedo does have a pretty high Attack and Speed while Cacturne is both good in Attack and Special Attack, either way I don't hear bout those two much...

Years
  • Reason why you joined this club: Come on now. If you know me at all - like AT ALL - the reason is blatantly obvious.
    Your Partner (You must choose Pokémon offered below^): Hydreigon for the win!

I think Cacturne is pretty underrated. A well played Cacturne will have people ripping their hair out ¬_______¬

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've never used Cacturne before, so I would have to agree. I've used Honchkrow and Sharpedo before though. xD I used Honchkrow on Pearl and Mr. Inspector was quite an amazing Pokemon to use at times. Sharpedo I've used on XD and until it dies of low defense, it can pack quite a good punch to the other Pokemon. I should consider using Cacturne sometime, to use all the underrated Pokemon mentioned. :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to agree that both Honchkrow and Cacturne are underrated. I've used both and they do really well, but people just seem to ignore them. ;;

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Welcome to the club, Drakow! (and BinaryPeaches - Forgot to welcome you :embarrass)

Alright, a new topic. Keep in mind that for now, you can discuss older topics as well if you wish.

P.S. - new event is up. Feel free to check it out! (Open the spoiler if you don't feel like scrolling all the way up again)
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    All of 'em. Umbreon, Honckrow, and Absol are the three that I thought of when I saw the topic. I would love to have any of the three as a pet, and those three would have to be my top three favorite Dark Pokemon. n_n

Ooo, Userbar event. I've... never made one before, but perhaps I'll give it a shot. xD

バイナリ人

Binary Person
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Reason why you joined this club: Just like Dark Types,plus my favorite pokemon is dark-type
    Your Partner (You must choose
    Pokémon offered below^) : Bisharp

Fave dark mon: BIsharp
    Most underrated dark pokemon : that buzzard I guess.No body talks about it
    Mon I'd like to see on real life : Umbreon,because it would be a great pet ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back