• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pitch Black {Dark-Type Fan Club}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • What is your favorite dark-type move?

Definitely Crunch, it was like my Luxray's signature move in Diamond, and it helped me so much in the Elite Four :D

Skip Class

Years
  • Bite and Faint Attack all the way for me.

Ahh faint attack to is a great move cause sneasel haz it and cause it hits pretty much all the time. Bite I also like, but only to the point where my Shinx can already learn Crunch

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • As y'all have noticed, I've changed the font in the main thread post (and my posts in general). If you don't like it, I can have a poll to change it back.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    This is a really hard one...
    But I'd have to say Spiritomb, mainly because of the Dark- and Ghost-type combo, makes him unhittable by Psychic-, Normal-, and Fighting-type attacks, and has no weaknesses. It's also resistant to Poison-type attacks. I would've picked Sableye (because I like him better), but Spiritomb has better stats.
    And if it's attacks are:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Hypnosis
    (and)
    - Dream Eater
    Then Spiritomb can heal, make the opponent useless, and deal great damage in battle.

Skip Class

Years
  • This is a really hard one...
    But I'd have to say Spiritomb, mainly because of the Dark- and Ghost-type combo, makes him unhittable by Psychic-, Normal-, and Fighting-type attacks, and has no weaknesses. It's also resistant to Poison-type attacks. I would've picked Sableye (because I like him better), but Spiritomb has better stats.
    And if it's attacks are:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Hypnosis
    (and)
    - Dream Eater
    Then Spiritomb can heal, make the opponent useless, and deal great damage in battle.

Sableye is basically a weaker version of Spritomb. Both have stats quite close to each other except for Spirtomb whose speed is much lower than it's other stats while Sableye's speed is a lot closer to the rest of it's stats.
    Although both of them has no weaknesses I still say that their are still a lot more stronger dark pokemon compared to Spirtomb even with weaknesses.

At Level 100, Pokemon like Drapion, Houndoom, Honchkrow, Weavile, Bisharp, Mandibuzz by stats they are still higher that Spiritomb. Spirtomb is like 480ish while the others are 500 or over

If we were including Legendaries in this than the strongest dark type would either have to be Darkrai, Hydreigon or Tyranitar. All these 3 pokemon's stats are really close with an equal base stat of 600 each. Tyranitar specializing in Attack and Defence and Darkrai and Hydreigon specializing in speed and Special Attack but either way all 3 pokemon's stats are quite close.

All though I can say out of the 3 Darkrai has the least weaknesses though it also has the least resistance. Tyranitar has an equal weaknesses and resistance and Hydregion has more resistance than Weakness

Hard to say which is the best, but with a specially chosen moveset then you'll really know who's the strongest

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Also, you never know what Pokemon you're going to fight with... So there's a lot of factors involved that we can't use. Depending on what the type of Pokemon, Tyranitar might be better, however, against others, Spiritomb is invulnerable... though I dislike Spiritomb, it is a very powerful Pokemon.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • Well tyranitar is probabaly stronger because since sabeyele and spiritomb are ghost/dark a crunch from tyranitar could OHKO them cuz of there ghost type
    Thanks,2cool4mewtwo for the link

Skip Class

Years
  • Also, you never know what Pokemon you're going to fight with... So there's a lot of factors involved that we can't use. Depending on what the type of Pokemon, Tyranitar might be better, however, against others, Spiritomb is invulnerable... though I dislike Spiritomb, it is a very powerful Pokemon.

BAM!
    Spoiler:

Well tyranitar is probabaly stronger because since sabeyele and spiritomb are ghost/dark a crunch from tyranitar could OHKO them cuz of there ghost type
    Thanks,2cool4mewtwo for the link

Wrong, Sableye and Spritomb have no weaknesses. Spiritomb is part dark therefore loosing it's Super Effectiveness from dark type moves when used on it like Crunch. Just because you use Crunch because it's part Ghost, the fact that it's part dark eliminates that weakness

Skip Class

Years
  • Are you sure your pokemon weren't just waay overleveled compared to sableye. Because everyone knows that Pokemon like sableye and Spiritomb have no weakness.

The only time it can be super effective is when a pokemon uses foresight and then a fighting type move... it's a fact and in the holy bible they call Bulbapedia

Snorelacks

Reason for Joining: Tyranitar, Houndoom, Weavile, Sharpedo, Scrafty, and Krookodile. I realized how many of my favorite Pokemon belong to the Dark type.
    Your Partner: Sharpedo (Nickname: Beast. Make sure you add the period.)

Thanks!

Are you sure your pokemon weren't just waay overleveled compared to sableye. Because everyone knows that Pokemon like sableye and Spiritomb have no weakness.

The only time it can be super effective is when a pokemon uses foresight and then a fighting type move... it's a fact and in the holy bible they call Bulbapedia

Soak gives them both two weaknesses :D

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years
  • Heh I didn't pay much attention to Soak from being 5th Gen and all and I haven't really used it, but I guess it counts as a weakness too, though it isn't Spiritomb/sableye only weakness.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, Snorelacks! I hope you have a nice time in here :)

Heh I didn't pay much attention to Soak from being 5th Gen and all and I haven't really used it, but I guess it counts as a weakness too, though it isn't Spiritomb/sableye only weakness.
    Then there's Scrappy that allows to hit ghost-types with normal-types. Bit situational but still applies as well.

New topic: If you had a chance to pick a new mascot for this club, who would it be?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back