• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pitch Black {Dark-Type Fan Club}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Psh, Sneasel ofc. He just looks like a little thief. He's badass too. :>

^This explains everything, also when I think of Dark type pokemon Sneasel comes up first xD If not sneasel then I'd go with Umbreon since it's a pure dark type and my favourite pure dark type - as well as Poochyena

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Just a reminder to all members.

The userbar contest entries are due today at 9:00 PM EST.

Also in August 29, I'll be back to school, so I'll promote couple more users to help this club stay active. If you think you deserve co-ownership in this club, and if you're going to be 100% sure you're going to be always active, feel free to PM me, but don't assume that you're going to be promoted. I will always be alert on how active certain members are in this club and probably pick one or two co-owner(s) by end of this September.

That's it for the news. Feel free to continue discussing the topics as you wish :)

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    I would probably pick Absol since it's the disaster Pokemon.
    I love Umbreon... but I wouldn't pick him because he comes from Eevee, who has several evolutions of different types, especially because it has a Psychic evolution.
    Sneasel isn't pure dark-type, but definitely defines a dark Pokemon.
    Mightyena is also a very good choice, because of its red-eyes, evil snarl, pure dark-type, and it's monochromatic coloring.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • @2cool I wouldn't mind taking on a leadership role, though I don't particularly care either way if a few others would like a go.

@grooveturtle I've never really seen Absol as an embodiment of what a dark type it (which is what I was thinking for a mascot). It's more of a lonely, misunderstood Pokémon... I imagine it to be the person in school everyone thinks is mean because they're big and keep others at a distance, but really it's kindhearted and lonely. Idk.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • Absol would be an okay mascot becaise as thesmartone said it is misunderstood. I actually used absol abd it doesn't use very diasterish moves but that sword thing on its head look like diaester...

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • The event is over now obviously, but only 2 people have submitted their userbars, so they're added to this club to use!

Following members have been promoted to devotee of darkness. Reasons are stated in the parentheses.

zappyspiker (Being active in this club)
    TheSmartOne (Being active in this club)
    grooveturtle (For entering the event)
    DVK (For entering the event)

Users above can now make new topics and have option to pick a second partner!

New topic: If dark-types weren't introduced in this game in the first place, would you have been okay with otherwise overpowered psychic types?

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • But "misunderstood" isn't what Dark as a type really is. Dark as a type is more... rowdy. Mean. Conniving. Cunning. Etc.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • Nah I hate psychis that why dark is my third favorite type and really in gen 1 is there a dark type iam not sure

Absol is thought to be destrictive. But I see it as a swift kick-ass pokemon

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • whoa what I was promoted? I missed this memo. .__. Thank you. :3 I would take Weavile as a second partner if I may.

If dark-types weren't introduced in this game in the first place, would you have been okay with otherwise overpowered psychic types?
    Well, if they had gone and fixed Ghost like they did and introduced more Ghost & Bug moves, it would have removed the need for the addition of Dark. People act as if Dark were like a fix-all, but it was kind of a combination of Dark and the re-assignment of Ghost properties. Psychic wouldn't have been overpowered, really.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • What sucked was the first ghost pokemon were also posion meaning there weak against psychic. In ruby a great pokemon against dark is breloom fighting and grass ( only if it was bug/fighting it would be destroying dark types)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • I think my topic was a bit confusing... so I'm making a new one for now.

Are you disappointed by the fact that there are no dark-type gyms?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Reason why you joined this club: While I'm not a fan of the type itself, a lot of the Pokemon, especially Sharpedo, are one of my favorite Pokemon. Sharpedo, Krookodile, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Sableye, Purrloin, Pawniard, Shiftry, Murkorw and Drapion are so amazing imo. (Yes, I know most of them are secondary Dark types. ;( )
    I also used to be a member of the past Dark type club, As Dark as Night by zappy.
    Your Partner: Purrloin

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • whoa what I was promoted? I missed this memo. .__. Thank you. :3 I would take Weavile as a second partner if I may.
    Certainly. :)
    Reason why you joined this club: While I'm not a fan of the type itself, a lot of the Pokemon, especially Sharpedo, are one of my favorite Pokemon. Sharpedo, Krookodile, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Sableye, Purrloin, Pawniard, Shiftry, Murkorw and Drapion are so amazing imo. (Yes, I know most of them are secondary Dark types. ;( )
    I also used to be a member of the past Dark type club, As Dark as Night by zappy.
    Your Partner: Purrloin
    Well then, get out because if you don't like dark-types, then why be here? Just kidding. ;)

Welcome to the club! :D

Years
  • I love dark types! Im EV training a Zoroark and Umbreon RIGHT NOW! I love that bug is the only weakness. You never face a bug type move unless you're fighting Alder, in which case, I would use fire types anyways. :D My Zoroark is being trained in HP and attack. It'll be able to beat anything once I'm done with him >:D

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • I love dark types! Im EV training a Zoroark and Umbreon RIGHT NOW! I love that bug is the only weakness. You never face a bug type move unless you're fighting Alder, in which case, I would use fire types anyways. :D My Zoroark is being trained in HP and attack. It'll be able to beat anything once I'm done with him >:D
    Dark-types are also weak to Fighting-type. Otherwise dark-types are also powerful. Also, use the form on my original post in the first page to sign up and you'll officially be a member of this club!

New topic: Dark types are also known for their deceitful nature. Which Dark-type Pokemon do you think is the most deceitful?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Absol is unintentionally deceitful... but I say Murkrow. Quoth Bulbapedia...
    Murkrow have a fondness for anything that's sparkly and has been known to steal things such as jewelry from people and hide them in all sorts of secret locations. It is these kleptomaniac tendencies that make Murkrow rivals with Meowth. Whenever a Murkrow finds itself being chased, it will lead the attacker to a dark mountain trail where the foe is bound to get itself lost. In the anime, it is said that when a Murkrow flies over someone's head late at night, something bad will happen.

I can't think of any truly deceitful Dark-types. It's moreso Ghosts that are deceitful; Darks are just criminals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back