• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pitch Black {Dark-Type Fan Club}

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • This club is getting a bit inactive... I'm reviving it with a brand new topic.

New topic: What is your favorite pokemon episode featuring dark-type pokemon? (including Ash's Scraggy)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hi guys. Sorry that I didn't post at all after joining, but the internet was being a pain. :<
    What is your favorite pokemon episode featuring dark-type pokemon? (including Ash's Scraggy)
    It has to be All That Glitters! It's about Murkrow's (can't remember how much) stealing Ash's badge and I think more shiny stuff. I don't remember a lot of things but I used to LOVE it so much when I was young, and I loved Murkrow after that. Honestly I feel like watching it again. ;_;

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • sorry for being inactive guys but i'm back hoping to at least post here every day.

thank you to 2cool for the promotion :D

anyway, to answer a current topic!

Which Dark-type Pokemon do you think is the most deceitful?

i would probably say Absol, or maybe murkrow...

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • I don't remeber the names of the epsidoes ( only "pikachu I choose you") but probably when thr first dark pokemon appeared

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Which Dark-type Pokemon do you think is the most deceitful?

Hmmm deceitful...
    Deceiving or misleading others, typically on a habitual basis.

I'd say sneasel since it's a very sneaky and mischievous pokemon and it seems like the type of pokemon who would do that.

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • i would answer the latest topic, but sadly i've only seen the first season of the Anime, and a selct few episodes of the D/P/Pt ones so.....

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • Time for a brand new topic.

Which non-dark type pokemon do you think can also be a dark-type? (Example: Mewtwo being part dark-type because it is heartless and savage)

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • Which non-dark type pokemon do you think can also be a dark-type?
    the only logical ones i can think of is, Luxray, Elektross could also be passed off as one too, Glalie should be dark, Seviper, Misdreavus(And Evo) that's all that i can think of..

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    the only logical ones i can think of is, Luxray, Elektross could also be passed off as one too, Glalie should be dark, Seviper, Misdreavus(And Evo) that's all that i can think of..
    I agree with all of them expect glalie. Weavile is already a dark/ice type making it 4x weak to fighting and not helping with the bug weakness,but of course it gains other resestanices but not stuiable for gialie

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    ^That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a Dark type. Sure it'd make Glalie worse but still, it's pretty scary looking and even learns some Dark type moves iirc.
    Don't really agree with Seviper being a Dark type. Don't really see what's so Dark about it. :x I can see Arbok being one though, just because of that "design". Maybe Cubone and Marowak too. They may not look like it, but the whole idea around them make them feel like Dark types to be honest.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • If we're talking design wise glalie would make the "perfect" pokemon with those horns. I think the whole think about marowak and cubone is in the old games when you go the pokemon tower the enraged marowak attacks leaving behind a trail of mystery. Cubone on the other hand can be explained by the dex's data as lonely which means it has a dark side

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    For my extra-partner... I choose you, Murkrow!
    I'd have to agree on Luxray and Glalie, but disagree Misdreavus and Seviper. Of course it's difficult to think of Pokemon like that, since they're pretty much built for their type.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Time for a brand new topic.

Which non-dark type pokemon do you think can also be a dark-type? (Example: Mewtwo being part dark-type because it is heartless and savage)
    I don't see Mewtwo as heartless and savage... obviously he wasn't heartless, as he cared for Ambertwo and all his clone minions. Nor is he savage, since he is highly intelligent. Cruel and merciless (before the end of the first movie) I could see, but not savage. And anyway, I really don't think savage is a characterization of Darks anyway. Savage implies barbaric and uncultured; Dark types often have great knowledge of humans and cities and are not particularly barbaric in their ways.

Arcanine. He is one bad pokemon
    Arcanine is like... the bringer of justice, though. He's most definitely Lawful Good (can't think of any other way to put it) so he shouldn't at all be dark.

I at first assumed the Shinx family to be Dark- just their general design implies it. Glalie would've been a badass Dark, but that 4x weakness to fighting is horrible... Ursaring mighta been good as Dark, along with Granbull... OH! Ohmygosh MAWILE. Always thought is was Dark, that thing...

2Cool4Mewtwo

Years
  • I don't see Mewtwo as heartless and savage... obviously he wasn't heartless, as he cared for Ambertwo and all his clone minions. Nor is he savage, since he is highly intelligent. Cruel and merciless (before the end of the first movie) I could see, but not savage. And anyway, I really don't think savage is a characterization of Darks anyway. Savage implies barbaric and uncultured; Dark types often have great knowledge of humans and cities and are not particularly barbaric in their ways.

I was thinking of savage in merciless kind of way, not in a barbaric sense. The way you put the words to explain is pretty nice. It does give off that heartless vibe at first before you think about what it did in the first movie, though. (or that's how I see it)

Also, it's nice to see you participating, CrystalOcean, but join the club using the form on the first post before posting, thanks :)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Ever since the start of Thunder Arena I've been bugged how Luxio and Luxray were not part Dark types. Sure Electric Pokemon can have dark type moves but there was something about it's bite/crunch which made it feel more dark xD

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • this groupd hasn't had a post in a while so....
    NEW TOPIC:do you think the new Dark type move's introduced in the DS generations have made dark types more deadly? do you think that they allow for more strategy, why, or why not?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back