• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdorath

Elemental Master
Years
Whitch is better red jacket
red1.png
or green jacket
red2.png
? need some feedback

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I like the green jacket a lot, but you'd have to change his hat and other clothes to make it look right. Like try making him have brown khaki pants with the green jacket. I dunno, the green one just looks odd as it is now. Red is very good though.

Just thought I would share with everyone that I found some free time to sprite and have begun my newest custom. :P He still needs a lot of work, but the basis is done. Watch here the next couple days to see it when it's complete. ;) When I finish that I plan on going back and touching up all my older sprites, as I have improved a good bit since I started. I'll be looking for lots of comments and ideas for improvement as well, so feel free to PM me or whatever. Sleep... :sleeping:

Valdorath

Elemental Master
Years
Hey Mega Fuzz i just noticed that you used an almost all black outline for your sprites. but for some reason they look better than most sprite that have that. here is my second try at the green jacket.
red2.png

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Yeah Valdo, the black outlines on some of them are one of the things I'll be touching up. My newest scratch is about 85% complete. The only thing I need to finish up is the shading. The new green Ash is a big improvement. Well done.

Trainer Ben

Super Trainer
Years
This has probably already been done before, but I've pillow shaded Blastoise from the Blue version:

I've just recently started pillow-shading, so let me know how it looks.

I've affectionally named this sprite "Fat Blastoise".

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
I agree Tendo. I'm not a huge fan of fusions either, but RP, those are pretty good!

I'm about to debut my newest scratch sprite here in a few minutes for those who are interested. :D I've also gone back and touched up some of my older scratches and I'll post those for everyone to compare.

[EDIT] Well, here they are. :P The newest scratch is Pashtun. As I mentioned above, I gave some facelifts to some of my older customs as well. The older sprites are on top with the newer ones below. I hope you like them all. Please feel free to leave me some feedback. I greatly appreciate it! ;)

Newbreed-Pashtun.png

Comparison.png

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Thanks, glad you like it Tendo. :D I hadn't really thought about gender. And I didn't plan on it resembling anything specific actually. I just started working and that was what came out. :\

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Trainer Ben said:
This has probably already been done before, but I've pillow shaded Blastoise from the Blue version:

pillow shading=bad....it's the "n00b" way of spriting, although I have nothing against it or your sprite, but yeah the PS makes it look like a n00by effort

Years
megafuz said:
Well, here they are. :P The newest scratch is Pashtun. As I mentioned above, I gave some facelifts to some of my older customs as well. The older sprites are on top with the newer ones below. I hope you like them all. Please feel free to leave me some feedback. I greatly appreciate it! ;)

The Pashtun looks good. :D My only thing with it is that it looks like the light sources could be fixed up a bit - the way it is now, it looks like it has two of them. One from the front, and one from the back.

The new versions of your older sprites are pretty good as well. ^^ The colored outlines really help a bit. Though, as a suggestion, you might want to change the outline on the eyes of both Pengarum and Pengamone, as the black is too dark compared to the colors of the rest of the outline.

Trainer Ben said:

It gives an interesting effect...

Problem is, the pillow shading makes the sprite look out of focus - as if it was dragged through a blur filter and then left untouched. The outlines also appear to be relatively untouched by color, and could be touched up in a few places - like the mouth and one part of the shell, which could use a few more pixels so that they don't look so "choppy".

MegaFuz

Über Title
Years
Hey thanks for the comments everyone. I really do take your ideas into consideration seriously because that is what caused me to go back and touch up all my old stuff. Here they are again, anyone who didn't already comment is most certainly welcome to let me know what you think. My newest scratch Pashtun, and the facelifted older scratches.

Newbreed-Pashtun.png

Comparison.png

I'm not a huge fan of pillow shading. It just looks crappy to me :\

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2012
megafuz said:
Hey thanks for the comments everyone. I really do take your ideas into consideration seriously because that is what caused me to go back and touch up all my old stuff. Here they are again, anyone who didn't already comment is most certainly welcome to let me know what you think. My newest scratch Pashtun, and the facelifted older scratches.

Newbreed-Pashtun.png

Comparison.png

I'm not a huge fan of pillow shading. It just looks crappy to me :\
Thoughs look great, megafuz! They look better with-out so much black.

I forgot to post this one, its a re-make of one I made when I first be came a spriter.
pokeman3.bmp
<<New--Old>>
pokeman7.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back