• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Meh,im not really in a spriting mood,i've been trying to make something but I dont have any ideas..

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I made my first scratch sprite just now. It stinks so much it can out-stench a **** heap. It's some kind of a blobby thing with dragon wings....
    Pixel Art Lounge

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Alex, Spartan did the same thing to me. No, actually it was worse. He advertised his thread in someone else's sprite shop and I told him to not do it in the future. It was just a friendly reminder to him. I didn't even give him bad rep, but he felt the need to leave some for me...needless to say I was a little ticked so I hit him back with some love. Hahaha...

Izzy's got my back. Haha. Izzy, if you ever get tired of lighting fires and decide to make friends you can start here. Hahaha...

Last edited:

Spartan06

i ain't heard of that
    Years
    wow, i didnt know i was so popular :P in a bad way.. oh well, guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion so im not going to argue. think what you want of me, i know what's real..

back on-topic: that scratch sprite looks awesome, well, better than anything i could do scratch. keep it up jhggyhyu, i'll be looking forward to more.. :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    megafuz said:
    Alex, Spartan did the same thing to me. No, actually it was worse. He advertised his thread in someone else's sprite shop and I told him to not do it in the future. It was just a friendly reminder to him. I didn't even give him bad rep, but he felt the need to leave some for me...needless to say I was a little ticked so I hit him back with some love. Hahaha...

Just to reccap, i can remember that you advertised in a bunch of threads including one of mine asking to rate your sprite did you not, just dont be so quick to point the finger.

anywho thought id post some random sprites:
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Pixel Art Lounge
    Mewmonchan and Femastoise

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    *sets topic afire*
    >>
    <<
    *runs*

Oh, and if there are no new sprites YOU CAN ALWAYS RATE MINE, <3

*sets fire on Megafuz's back and says "I got your back!" and runs away at the speed of a scyther*

Years
    DarkPegasus said:
    This is my first "real" scratch sprite(I did a few but they were based on art),so this one sucks:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Some ideas about how to improve it are aprciated.

That one doesn't suck, it's actually pretty decent, though you ought to watch your light sources. It looks like there's at least two different light sources on the body. O.o One from the upper left, and one from the upper right. It makes the sprite look slightly odd, since there seems to be only one light source on the mane, tail, and wings. Speaking of the mane and tail, I would suggest putting at least one more darker shade in there, to help bring them out more.

You've got some nice dithering on there. Colors look good as well. The gradient-style shading isn't quite my thing, but whatever. :P

Years
    Daviku said:
    Pixel Art Lounge

Let's hope no one deleats this post now........-_-;
    Sheena from Tales of Symphonia in Fire Emblem style.
    plz post comments. tell me how to improve. This is the second time I had to quote this. -_-;

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Looks GREAT, <3 sheena. Do more. Like ummmmmmm..................
    Pres*stabbed*. Anyways, great job. Chest is a bit wierd though

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    The reasons the shading is different:

The "hair" has a different shading because I tried to make it looks like it had curls, but didn't work.
    The wings have because,some parts are more higher... And the tails because it is "under" the wing.

Kiora

7H3 33V33 4ND L47|475 L0V3
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 12, 2006
    hiya all here....im a, hopefully, up and coming recoloring sprite maker...course ive only used Pkemon sprites mainly because i didnt know where to find them...then i saw that thread listing sites....and i realized there was a site i knew of that gave awesome pokemon sprites including all goldens Shineys and darks...adn i f i remeber right...all unowns as well..but its slightly hard to manage, seeing as you have to know what your looking for andbe able to spell the name perfectly, with correct Caps too..like you cant find darklatios...but you can find DarkLatios..also, the site does not have and index or anything, so thats why you must know about the pokemon...One more thing....it has all the current Pokemon, from Bulbasaur to Rayquaza

any way, here are a few of the sprites from the site...

https://members.lycos.co.uk/pokemaster1230/images/ShinyMudkip.gif

https://members.lycos.co.uk/pokemaster1230/images/Lugia.gif

https://members.lycos.co.uk/pokemaster1230/images/DarkEevee.gif

https://members.lycos.co.uk/pokemaster1230/images/GoldenCharmander.gif

Also....the Shiney pokemon are not like the shineys that you guys have...they actually change colors..i like these guys more...
    Pixel Art Lounge

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    pikafirefight said:
    there good izzy i was gonna say to 'Alex' he was wrong and he should use his eyes.
    I think you should use your eyes and read where I said I wasnt talking to Izzy,genius..

Years
    Izzy said:
    Looks GREAT, <3 sheena. Do more. Like ummmmmmm..................
    Pres*stabbed*. Anyways, great job. Chest is a bit wierd though
    Hey back of Sheena! She's mine!
    lol thanks.
    I remember back then when I made Collette & Genis in FE style.
    Genis was too big.
    Collette had no shading.
    Then I tryed Presea and couldn't get the hair right.
    But now that I'm playing the game again, I might do more.
    FE style Magnius anyone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back