• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN USUM Poster

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    This is considered a leak at the moment (I think), so open at your own risk. Nevermind, since it's posted on serebii, I guess it's good.

PKMN USUM Poster

---
    Click for a higher resolution image.
    ---
    PKMN USUM Poster

---
    PKMN USUM Poster
    PKMN USUM Poster

November is still too freaking far away... :(

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Dunno about it being a leak, looks like a display that's already out in the open. :p

...So let's see. Dynamic starter artwork, Lillie holding a Pokéball (Nebbie's?), Hau and Gladion in the middle of a battle, and finally both protagonists looking determined in the centre. And of course what appears to be new antagonists greyed out in the background. I like it. Not not too much of the new characters' artwork is revealed, so that it attracts attention and invites speculation.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    The people in the background remind me of a mix between Team Galactic and Team Flare. I am almost certain they are villains because they don't look very friendly. That or Ultra Beasts, but they don't look as exotic as the UBs. And they look more human, but at the same time they kinda look like robots as well.

The poster looks badass to be honest. Probably one of the best Pokemon Main Series posters I have seen.

It also strongly reminds me of the Pokemon Black and White Manga series arts.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am gonna be ticked off if lillie owns cosmog and is a trainer. Poster has not got me hyped. I don't know why i haven't been getting hyped lately. Nothing has really impressed me yet.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Using this thread for the Daily article on it! Not a leak given it's a store promotion, but it is new info! Curious that Lillie has a Poke Ball - but does she know how to use it? :V

Sorta gives me a B2W2 vibe actually.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Not sure what to think of it. I had a pretty strong feeling that Lillie would eventually become a trainer, so that's kind of expected, but also cool to see. I'm actually curious to find out about what she was doing in Kanto, so hopefully this game will shed some more light on that.

Interesting thing though... Lillie, Gladion, and Hau all look approximately the same age as they were in the first games... Does that imply that maybe only 2-3 years have passed since Su/Mo? Maybe USM is just a sequel of Su/Mo with only a few years having passed.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I am thinking Lillie will own the Cosmog that evolves into Solgaleo/ Lunala that gets captured by Necrozma.

You'll get the second one instead after capturing Necrozma.

I am very hyped to see a whole new different Lillie, hopefully, nonetheless, it's without a doubt she would still continue to play a major role in the upcoming games like in SM!

Not sure what to think of it. I had a pretty strong feeling that Lillie would eventually become a trainer, so that's kind of expected, but also cool to see. I'm actually curious to find out about what she was doing in Kanto, so hopefully this game will shed some more light on that.

Interesting thing though... Lillie, Gladion, and Hau all look approximately the same age as they were in the first games... Does that imply that maybe only 2-3 years have passed since Su/Mo? Maybe USM is just a sequel of Su/Mo with only a few years having passed.

It seems that all the trailers thus far have been pointing to USUM as an alternate dimension from SM instead of being a sequel though, but who knows.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Last trailer during the direct clearly showed events from the first game happening so I think sequels are off the table.

But Lillie as a trainer? I didn't care for her in S/M but if they make her a trainer (and more independent!) I'm all for it.

And a third villain team? Or maybe just some new Aether Foundation employees?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Last trailer during the direct clearly showed events from the first game happening so I think sequels are off the table.

But Lillie as a trainer? I didn't care for her in S/M but if they make her a trainer (and more independent!) I'm all for it.

Let's not forget that in SM, we could travel to and fro alternate dimensions with the mascots.
    Maybe because of Necrozma merging with them (Resulting in stronger travelling power), we can somehow "travel" to the dimensions of SM-era, and meet the "other" us.
    It'd be so cool and crazy.

Last edited:
    Years
    I think seeing Lillie now being a trainer wasn't surprising, since that was what happened at the end of S/M when she went to Kanto to help cure Lusamine from her actions. But aside from that, what would Gladion and Hau's roles be in this game?

And that small section in the OP... is that a new villainous team or a revamped Aether Foundation?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am thinking Lillie will own the Cosmog that evolves into Solgaleo/ Lunala that gets captured by Necrozma.

You'll get the second one instead after capturing Necrozma.

I am very hyped to see a whole new different Lillie, hopefully, nonetheless, it's without a doubt she would still continue to play a major role in the upcoming games like in SM!

It seems that all the trailers thus far have been pointing to USUM as an alternate dimension from SM instead of being a sequel though, but who knows.

No she won't. Lillie would be a character that is irrelevant to the story. She won't have a major role. She didn't in SM.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    This poster looks epic, I hope they release it in Europe.

As for the people on top... Their suits look like the ones from the B1F Aether Foundation Lab, so I'm currently speculating that they're still Aether people but with a different function. Maybe they're from the lab we couldn't enter...

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    We will appreciate if you do not tell us what we can do. They are our opinions. You don't have to agree with it.
    I appreciate it if you stop saying things about me that is not true. I am not telling anyone anything.

I do not see lillie as a trainer regardless of poster.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I appreciate it if you stop saying things about me that is not true. I am not telling anyone anything.

I do not see lillie as a trainer regardless of poster.

It's weird that you see a poster of her as a trainer and went "NO SHE WILL NOT HAVE A CHANGED ROLE AT ALL IN THIS GAME, YOU ARE WRONG COMPLETELY FOR THINKING THAT. INFACT, HER CENTRAL ROLE IN THE PLOT OF THE FIRST GAME IS A FAKE LIE AND SHE DID NOTHING"

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It's weird that you see a poster of her as a trainer and went "NO SHE WILL NOT HAVE A CHANGED ROLE AT ALL IN THIS GAME, YOU ARE WRONG COMPLETELY FOR THINKING THAT. INFACT, HER CENTRAL ROLE IN THE PLOT OF THE FIRST GAME IS A FAKE LIE AND SHE DID NOTHING"

What i said is that her role won't be big just like her role wasn't big in SM. Lets not put words in my mouth.

pkmin3033

Interesting...not that you can really tell too much from it for certain, but you can possibly infer a fair amount.

I think Lillie having her hair up is a fair indicator that she'll be progressing from where she left off as a trainer...and that she's in front of Gladion suggests that her role in the games will be bigger than his again. Hau looks fairly serious, so maybe he's matured a little. That'd be nice; his stupid fixed grin was as unnerving as the player character's dead-eyed stare.

The shadowy figures and lack of Lusamine suggest to me that she either won't be in the games at all or she'll have a diminished role...or perhaps a changed one. I really hope that isn't the case, as she was the only Aether Foundation member actually worth noting and the organisation isn't going to be much without her...and Team Skull are probably the least credible threat in the history of the franchise. Except perhaps for the Go-Rock Squad. I suppose it's possible this could be a different team, but their design is very similar to Aether Foundation uniforms, so I doubt it somehow. Are we going back to an Evil Council type deal that we saw in GSC/B2W2, I wonder? Hrmn.

One thing that does strike me though is how...edgy, it is. SM were very bright, happy-go-lucky titles, and everything about this poster is screaming dark and serious at me. No smiles, lots of shadows, and battle-ready poses...and this is a JAPANESE poster, too. In video gaming at least the Japanese box-art, promotional material, and pretty much everything else is almost always of a lighter tone than the Western material...even when the subject matter in question is pretty dark. For them to do this, I'm expecting a distinctly darker tone in general from these games now. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think Gladion would have a bigger role than lillie. He is a character worthy of a huge role. Hope Hau keeps his awesome smile.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Looks like a redesign of the Aether Foundation, a lot like how Neo Team Plasma were introduced in BW2. Perhaps one of the characters could be Colress?

Last edited:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    Lillie probably has her Snowy/Shiro (Alolan Vulpix) in the game. We did see that there was a cut-scene involving a alolan vulpix in the last *Trailer, maybe that's the scene where she gets it.

PKMN USUM Poster

Alolan Vulpix has become her signature pokemon in the Anime so it would be a safe bet she get's it in USUM.

Last edited:
    Back