• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN USUM Poster

blue

gucci
    Years
    Lillie holding a Poke Ball is a strong indication that she is now a trainer. This could make for a very different change of pace for her role within the games and I like the idea of seeing this different side to her if it turns out to be true.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Given that SM was essentially Pokemon: Lillie Version, I wonder if her newfound independence will see her taking a backseat in the narrative of this one, or whether the writers will have found some other way to cram her into a close supporting role without undermining that independence. If she doesn't need her hand held any more, will she be joining the player as an equal partner, or going off on her own and taking a more traditional minimalistic appearance role similar to past NPCs?

Reactions: Z25

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    With Lillie holding a Pokéball, could she actually become a trainer this game?

If this happens, I just hope they don't make her role even BIGGER than in SM. Like, I actually like Lillie's character and stuff, but even I have to admit she showed up a little too much. :p

Also Lillie as champion confirmed.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    Wow, this poster has me really hyped for the games. It's got a very serious look to it, a stark contrast to the happy kind of look SM gave off. I suppose you can also see that in the updated Alola map.

Lillie holding a Poke Ball was definitely the first thing I noticed as well. My guess is it's for either Nebby or that Alolan Vulpix, or just a sign of things to come in that she will eventually become a trainer in the game... or already is one perhaps?

My boi Hau, looking serious for once? Holy difference Batman.

As for those shadowy figures at the top, they look similar to some of the Aether Foundation researchers, so my guess is that they are new, high-ranking members of Aether, most likely named Admins, and will have something to do with that portal, which looks to be the same dark portal over Poni Island. Wonder what Team Skull's role will be in these games this time around?

This poster's got me feeling like the story will definitely be a bit darker than SM, or at the very least, more serious. With this many potential differences, it's really starting to feel like USUM will have more of an "alternate" story where multiple story elements will be radically different as opposed to an "updated" story like Platinum or Emerald where besides the mascot, the basic storyline from the dual versions was still intact. Now that I don't know what to expect, I am even more excited for these games.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Whoa, this is one nice looking poster. I wonder if this game is going to be darker perhaps? (Well, as dark as a Pokémon game can get).

It looks like Lillie is going to be more of a trainer this run around, since she wasn't her 'Z-powered' form until later in the game.

When I first saw those figures at the top, my initial thought was that they look a bit robotic? I'm super excited for new antagonists though!

Years
    I love this poster, but now I'm even more confused than ever. Updated Aether Foundation uniforms (or something else?), the Players (and Hau!) looking serious, Lillie with a POKEBALL? Oh man I'm so excited to see what the actual story is for the game besides Necrozma capturing Solgaleo and Lunala.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe there are villains behind the villains (Lusamine and Aether) behind the villains (Guzma and Skull) this time around?

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Lillie's got a Poke Ball? She's a trainer now? Holy crap! It got all kinds of real now!

This one poster got me hyped up more than all the other news they posted yet so... yay? I wonder who those figures are up top though. They look like they got helmets or goggles on.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    What i said is that her role won't be big just like her role wasn't big in SM. Lets not put words in my mouth.
    Not big in sun and moon?

No offense but did you play that game? Lillie is pretty much the main character and gets more dialog, scenes and development then anyone else. It's basically all about her, hence why she is also promoted so much now outside of the games.

Looks like a redesign of the Aether Foundation, a lot like how Neo Team Plasma were introduced in BW2. Perhaps one of the characters could be Colress?
    This would be amazing, I love corless and it be cool to have him return since he was in Alola.

Could we get a possible multi battle with Lillie? That'd be great pls gamefreak

Probably not as Gamefreak would not be able to get it to not lag the 3ds.
    :p

As for the story, my guess is it's an alternate sequel essentially.

The game is based on the grounds of Sun and Moon but the way the story unfolds will make it seem like a sequel.

My guess is Lillie gets one of the starters, starts a journey with you and hau, and the story moves on from there. I also have a feeling that they should us the first Ultra beast portal encounter at Aether for a reason. I don't think Niheligo is coming out or they would have showed us. I could see UBS appear early on and differently.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Not big in sun and moon?

No offense but did you play that game? Lillie is pretty much the main character and gets more dialog, scenes and development then anyone else. It's basically all about her, hence why she is also promoted so much now outside of the games.
    I played SM fully. Lillie is NOT the main character. It was not about her. The game is about our character. She has not developed, has not got more dialog and scenes. She is a unnecessary character in both games and anime.

So i refuse to believe she has a big role in USUM. Our character in USUM will be the main character of the games like our characters in SM.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
    But, just maybe some people would like to see her have a role as a trainer. Lillie pretty much had a pretty good sized role in the entire story. The main reason besides trials for traveling to different islands is taking Nebby to the ruins. Lillie travels with you at times as she's not a trainer. I'd love if she gets a Vulpix and at some point she challenges you.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I just have to say, it's just so weird to deny the FACT that Lillie is the single second most important character in the entirety of Su/Mo. She's freaking everywhere in that game. I would say that about 80% of the cut scenes in that game revolve around her, and she single handedly steers the plot of of Su/Mo. I watched a let's play a while ago, where the game player even said he could make a drinking game out of how many times Lillie explains that she's not a trainer and doesn't want to watch pokemon hurting each other as well as the famous line "Nebby get in the bag!".

Not going to argue with you Alex, you're trolling way too hard. Don't bother quoting me, I'm not feeding you.

Something I just thought of, do you guys think there will be any further development on how Lusamine is doing after her psychotic break down in Su/Mo, or do you think she will just completely take a back seat in this game? I really liked Lusamine as a villain in Su/Mo because she was just a complete psychopath, and that's not very common in pokemon games (most villains have some world changing goal of some kind). I'm curious to find out if she's been rehabilitated or not, but considering she's nowhere to be seen in this poster nor the previews (from what I remember), I'm wondering if she will even be in the game.

As for the Villainous looking characters in the background, I had a strong feeling in Su/Mo that we had not heard the last of Faba. My current bet is that he's the mastermind behind the villains of USM.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Something I just thought of, do you guys think there will be any further development on how Lusamine is doing after her psychotic break down in Su/Mo, or do you think she will just completely take a back seat in this game? I really liked Lusamine as a villain in Su/Mo because she was just a complete psychopath, and that's not very common in pokemon games (most villains have some world changing goal of some kind). I'm curious to find out if she's been rehabilitated or not, but considering she's nowhere to be seen in this poster nor the previews (from what I remember), I'm wondering if she will even be in the game.

Lusamine was in the latest trailer where the MC and Hau are visiting the Aether Foundation when a UB shows up.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Lusamine was in the latest trailer where the MC and Hau are visiting the Aether Foundation when a UB shows up.

I just now went on to youtube and watched three different pokemon USM trailers, none of them had Lusamine in them. If it's not too much trouble could you link me to the one you are talking about?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No she won't. Lillie would be a character that is irrelevant to the story. She won't have a major role. She didn't in SM.

FYI lillie is actually the most important person in the story. So uh yeah, she did have a major role in SM.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    I played SM fully. Lillie is NOT the main character. It was not about her. The game is about our character. She has not developed, has not got more dialog and scenes. She is a unnecessary character in both games and anime.

So i refuse to believe she has a big role in USUM. Our character in USUM will be the main character of the games like our characters in SM.

She did develop quite a bit actually. She went from being helpless and nervous, too scared to do anything her nutcake of a mother told her not to do or even not to wear, to being able to confront her mother in an outfit she picked out herself and help your character directly in spite of the fact she had no Pokemon on her to protect herself with until the very end. She developed a lot as a person, learning to stand up for herself, and in the end had a legendary at her beck and call which is kind of amazing. I don't really know how you missed that if you played through the whole game, but she was still an integral part of it much like the main character as it was through her efforts Lusamine was dealt with. Without her Nebby probably would have gotten killed.

But anywho, it would be nice if we did get a different take on Lusamine. Lusamine is terrifying, both because she's a psychopathic child abuser, but also because for most of the plot she wasn't even in control of her own actions for the most part until Nebby knocked her out due to Nihilego's poison. That's a real life behavior some parasites employ to keep their hosts in check, and seeing it happen in a human is scary. It would be neat if she was more in control of herself, or was even perhaps completely different with someone else getting the brunt of Nihilego's toxins.

Back