• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN USUM Poster

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    FYI lillie is actually the most important person in the story. So uh yeah, she did have a major role in SM.
    No actually she is not the most important character. She is not important at all. She did not have a major role in SM.

She did develop quite a bit actually. She went from being helpless and nervous, too scared to do anything her nutcake of a mother told her not to do or even not to wear, to being able to confront her mother in an outfit she picked out herself and help your character directly in spite of the fact she had no Pokemon on her to protect herself with until the very end. She developed a lot as a person, learning to stand up for herself, and in the end had a legendary at her beck and call which is kind of amazing. I don't really know how you missed that if you played through the whole game, but she was still an integral part of it much like the main character as it was through her efforts Lusamine was dealt with. Without her Nebby probably would have gotten killed.

But anywho, it would be nice if we did get a different take on Lusamine. Lusamine is terrifying, both because she's a psychopathic child abuser, but also because for most of the plot she wasn't even in control of her own actions for the most part until Nebby knocked her out due to Nihilego's poison. That's a real life behavior some parasites employ to keep their hosts in check, and seeing it happen in a human is scary. It would be neat if she was more in control of herself, or was even perhaps completely different with someone else getting the brunt of Nihilego's toxins.
    I disagree. Lillie has developed little and had no role in SM. I much prefer Lusamine over her.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet: At the top of the poster (kind of next to those mysterious people), you can see Necrozma's eyes...

Creepy.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No actually she is not the most important character. She is not important at all. She did not have a major role in SM.

I disagree. Lillie has developed little and had no role in SM. I much prefer Lusamine over her.

Lusamine? Lusamine had no character development at all! She can make herself look innocent well enough, but she's always been completely insane! If you're talking about that one scene at the end of the game, that's just one sentence and then you never see her again! Lillie has FAR more character development then everyone else. It could be argued that the story is about her and it's being told from someone else's point of view.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    This video, specifically was what he was referring to:
    Spoiler:

Whoa, thanks so much for posting this, I seriously had never seen this video until just now.

Something that bothers me though... is it just me or does the short scene with Lusamine seem like a cut and paste from Su/Mo? It pretty much makes me think that USM will be the third version rather than the sequel. I mean that one short scene can't confirm that, but it definitely makes me think that USM will be to Su/Mo what Crystal was to G/S.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Lusamine? Lusamine had no character development at all! She can make herself look innocent well enough, but she's always been completely insane! If you're talking about that one scene at the end of the game, that's just one sentence and then you never see her again! Lillie has FAR more character development then everyone else. It could be argued that the story is about her and it's being told from someone else's point of view.
    Lusamine is by far a better character than her. And no, lillie does not have more character development than everyone else. Our character does. Our character is better. The story is about us. Not her.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Lusamine is by far a better character than her. And no, lillie does not have more character development than everyone else. Our character does. Our character is better. The story is about us. Not her.

If Lusamine has no character development, the protagonist is in the negative. Become stronger =/= character development. Character development is when your personality changes because of certain events. Our character literally just smiles the entire game.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    If Lusamine has no character development, the protagonist is in the negative. Become stronger =/= character development. Character development is when your personality changes because of certain events. Our character literally just smiles the entire game.
    No. Our character becomes stronger and achieve many things in the game. Our character had developed from begining trainer to pokemon champion.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    No. Our character becomes stronger and achieve many things in the game. Our character had developed from begining trainer to pokemon champion.

But that's not Character development, that's just becoming a better trainer.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

Uh.... no offense but how exactly is Lusamine better? Is it because she's a better trainer? We don't even really see the real Lusamine until the very end of the game; what we see instead is a terrifying caricature obsessed with Nihilego. And yes she's a terrific villain, but... she's only better in the sense that she's written well. Is it because her team becomes stronger and she ends up fused to a Nihilego and becomes a Final Fantasy-esque monstrosity? I still remember how some people were debating that Pokemon fusion was going to be a feature in the game before it released, and they were right.... in all the wrong ways. ~_~

Our character is really only a blank slate, because they're not really characters in and of themselves; they're stand-ins for us. What they like, what they dislike, what Pokemon they use, how they treat them, and every other detail they have besides where they come from and who their parents are is decided by us, because essentially they are us. They don't get character development in the sense other characters in the story do. Sure you can say they developed the most in the sense that they did the most things, but you'd only be right in a very roundabout way. There are a few exceptions, like when they describe how beds feel, or when they twirl in place, or when they describe food they eat in loving detail, but that's about it. Overall the main character remains the same from start to finish, so in the sense of development they didn't really get very much at all which is fine because after all they're a blank template for ourselves.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Uh.... no offense but how exactly is Lusamine better? Is it because she's a better trainer? We don't even really see the real Lusamine until the very end of the game; what we see instead is a terrifying caricature obsessed with Nihilego. And yes she's a terrific villain, but... she's only better in the sense that she's written well. Is it because her team becomes stronger and she ends up fused to a Nihilego and becomes a Final Fantasy-esque monstrosity? I still remember how some people were debating that Pokemon fusion was going to be a feature in the game before it released, and they were right.... in all the wrong ways. ~_~

Our character is really only a blank slate, because they're not really characters in and of themselves; they're stand-ins for us. What they like, what they dislike, what Pokemon they use, how they treat them, and every other detail they have besides where they come from and who their parents are is decided by us, because essentially they are us. They don't get character development in the sense other characters in the story do. Sure you can say they developed the most in the sense that they did the most things, but you'd only be right in a very roundabout way. There are a few exceptions, like when they describe how beds feel, or when they twirl in place, or when they describe food they eat in loving detail, but that's about it. Overall the main character remains the same from start to finish, so in the sense of development they didn't really get very much at all which is fine because after all they're a blank template for ourselves.

As much as I love the fact that you took the time to carefully think that out and type it all up (and I do whole heartedly agree with the point you are going to make) you're wasting your time explaining this to a guy who is only going to basically respond to you with, "Nope.", and then he's going to say maybe one sentence or two that's going to not make his point any more clear in hopes that you will be bothered enough to respond once again to further explain your point even though your point has already been properly explained. He's trolling for aggravated posts.
    Just ignore him, he'll stop eventually, or at the very least he'll have less to say because you wont be posting for the purpose of triggering a response by him.

I think we should keep this on track about the interesting poster.
    I'm still wondering which is more likely, the possibility that Faba will return as the villain or maybe we'll see Colress step up to the plate again. As much as I really do believe that we haven't heard the last of Faba, I also think that Colress has a chance to really turn the villains story around in an interesting way. I also think Colress is a possibility because of how the suits the shadowed villains appear. They look very technologically advanced, more so than in the first game. I think it might be possible that Colress joined the team and decked them out in new gear.
    I might even go so far as to say that Faba and Colress teaming up could be a possibility. As was shown in Su/Mo, Faba is not exactly the brightest character, smart sure, but doesn't seem to think things out carefully enough. I could totally see a plot where Colress takes advantage of Faba's resources for furthering his own personal agenda, sort of like what happened in BW2.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017

It is my personal opinion that our character and lusamine are better. I just don't like lillie for several reasons.

As much as I love the fact that you took the time to carefully think that out and type it all up (and I do whole heartedly agree with the point you are going to make) you're wasting your time explaining this to a guy who is only going to basically respond to you with, "Nope.", and then he's going to say maybe one sentence or two that's going to not make his point any more clear in hopes that you will be bothered enough to respond once again to further explain your point even though your point has already been properly explained. He's trolling for aggravated posts.
    Just ignore him, he'll stop eventually, or at the very least he'll have less to say because you wont be posting for the purpose of triggering a response by him.

I think we should keep this on track about the interesting poster.
    I'm still wondering which is more likely, the possibility that Faba will return as the villain or maybe we'll see Colress step up to the plate again. As much as I really do believe that we haven't heard the last of Faba, I also think that Colress has a chance to really turn the villains story around in an interesting way. I also think Colress is a possibility because of how the suits the shadowed villains appear. They look very technologically advanced, more so than in the first game. I think it might be possible that Colress joined the team and decked them out in new gear.
    I might even go so far as to say that Faba and Colress teaming up could be a possibility. As was shown in Su/Mo, Faba is not exactly the brightest character, smart sure, but doesn't seem to think things out carefully enough. I could totally see a plot where Colress takes advantage of Faba's resources for furthering his own personal agenda, sort of like what happened in BW2.
    You are very disrespectful. I am in no way trolling. You accusing me of that does not do you any favors. Do not tell others to ignore me. It is not your job to tell others to ignore me.

Right now i am the one looking good because i do NOT call others troll or tell people to ignore certain users. Please be more considerate and do not talk about me if you are not gonna to talk to me directly.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    It is my personal opinion that our character and lusamine are better. I just don't like lillie for several reasons.

You are very disrespectful. I am in no way trolling. You accusing me of that does not do you any favors. Do not tell others to ignore me. It is not your job to tell others to ignore me.

Right now i am the one looking good because i do NOT call others troll or tell people to ignore certain users. Please be more considerate and do not talk about me if you are not gonna to talk to me directly.

Special message for Alexander18, other readers may ignore this and read the information that is actually relevant to the topic.
    Spoiler:

So now that I know for sure Lusamine is going to be in this game, but strangely not on this poster, does this give us a confirmation that Lusamine is not actually going to be a villain within this game? It seems strange to me because the scene we were revealed in that preview shows Lusamine at the Aether Foundation, but she wasn't shown as a villain on the poster. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Aether Foundation wont play the role as the villains in USM.
    A combination of Lillie appearing on the poster as a trainer, Lusamine still holding her position at the Aether Foundation, and the silhouettes of the new villains which appear completely different from the previous Aether Foundation villains, I'm thinking maybe we might be introduced to a completely new villain team all together while the Aether Foundation will just play its original role as just being a pokemon preservation team.
    It's weird though, because then what happened to team skull, will they even have a role in this game?
    I guess all of these questions wont matter though if we end up findin out that USM does end up being the third game rather than the sequel to Su/Mo. If USM really is just the third game, then it might truly just end up retelling the entire same plot of Su/Mo.
    This poster really does have a lot of weird but interesting implications to which direction the plot will go for USM.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
    It would be interesting if she wasn't a villain, or was at least not the main villain like she was in S/M. Her being the genuinely loving mother she used to be and either being used or manipulated would be a major twist, though it would also be interesting if she was still insane and actively being experimented on by these mysterious figures. I imagine there's quite a few people who would be interested in the powers Nihilego has and would love to exploit its toxins in some nefarious plan, to say nothing of the other UBs and their destructive abilities.

And as for Alex... well I was gonna post a response detailing what the deal is but Coffee went ahead and did it for me so.... there you go I guess.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Special message for Alexander18, other readers may ignore this and read the information that is actually relevant to the topic.
    Spoiler:

So now that I know for sure Lusamine is going to be in this game, but strangely not on this poster, does this give us a confirmation that Lusamine is not actually going to be a villain within this game? It seems strange to me because the scene we were revealed in that preview shows Lusamine at the Aether Foundation, but she wasn't shown as a villain on the poster. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the Aether Foundation wont play the role as the villains in USM.
    A combination of Lillie appearing on the poster as a trainer, Lusamine still holding her position at the Aether Foundation, and the silhouettes of the new villains which appear completely different from the previous Aether Foundation villains, I'm thinking maybe we might be introduced to a completely new villain team all together while the Aether Foundation will just play its original role as just being a pokemon preservation team.
    It's weird though, because then what happened to team skull, will they even have a role in this game?
    I guess all of these questions wont matter though if we end up findin out that USM does end up being the third game rather than the sequel to Su/Mo. If USM really is just the third game, then it might truly just end up retelling the entire same plot of Su/Mo.
    This poster really does have a lot of weird but interesting implications to which direction the plot will go for USM.
    Well said, in fact when I read the first sentence I was thinking Aether foundation might not be so evil. I don't think team skull will completely disappear though.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    It would be interesting if she wasn't a villain, or was at least not the main villain like she was in S/M. Her being the genuinely loving mother she used to be and either being used or manipulated would be a major twist, though it would also be interesting if she was still insane and actively being experimented on by these mysterious figures. I imagine there's quite a few people who would be interested in the powers Nihilego has and would love to exploit its toxins in some nefarious plan, to say nothing of the other UBs and their destructive abilities.

And as for Alex... well I was gonna post a response detailing what the deal is but Coffee went ahead and did it for me so.... there you go I guess.

I agree, I really am hoping as well that USM will go the direction of having Lusamine play the role of recovering from her psychotic episode in Su/Mo. Another thing I would really like, is maybe some more explanation to what truly caused Lusamine to go insane? Was it just an obsession for power... or was she possibly being manipulated by someone or something?

I genuinely liked the plot of Su/Mo and getting a proper sequel that explains a lot of the purposely left open loose ends of the game would be awesome. I was however hoping though that Lillie, Hau, and Gideon would appear a few years older showing us that time has in fact passed since Su/Mo... but with what we've seen so far, I'm really not so sure.

Plus... Colress is so cool, I really hope he's important in USM.

mew_nani

Years
    I agree, I really am hoping as well that USM will go the direction of having Lusamine play the role of recovering from her psychotic episode in Su/Mo. Another thing I would really like, is maybe some more explanation to what truly caused Lusamine to go insane? Was it just an obsession for power... or was she possibly being manipulated by someone or something?

I genuinely liked the plot of Su/Mo and getting a proper sequel that explains a lot of the purposely left open loose ends of the game would be awesome. I was however hoping though that Lillie, Hau, and Gideon would appear a few years older showing us that time has in fact passed since Su/Mo... but with what we've seen so far, I'm really not so sure.

Plus... Colress is so cool, I really hope he's important in USM.
    From what I can recall from S/M, she got exposed to Nihilego's toxin at some point while trying to find her missing husband. From there it just stayed in her system, apparently making her addicted to it and warping her mind around protecting and trying to encounter Nihilego again to the point that she became the psychotic monster she was in S/M. Just about everything from her forcing Lillie to dress like she did to trying to open Ultra Wormholes was her being affected by its poison, and the more exposure she gets to it the worse she becomes, culminating in her acting as obsessively as she did around them right before she fused with one of them. If Lillie, the main character, and Hapu hadn't went after her with Nebby's help she probably would have overdosed on it and died at some point.

Now, it's entirely possible manipulation from some third party might have involved at some point because of the Beast Balls you're given by Wicke during the post game. Those cost a massive amount of money to make, possibly more than the Aether Foundation is worth. We know of at least one villainous team with enough cash to possibly finance this, and there would be ample reason for them to want to get into Ultra Space. Nihilego's toxins alone could have a lot of use in trying to control and manipulate humans, and other UBs like Kartana and Guzzlord could cause massive amounts of devastation in the hands of say Team Rocket or Team Flare. It's entirely likely the reason Interpol trusts your character with them is because the world at large is probably safer if they were with you than they would be in a government facility where they could be stolen or learned about by people who would do harm with them. It'll be really interesting if an evil team or the remnants of an evil team were helping to finance Lusamine's endeavors behind the scenes.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Spoiler:

I hadn't realized Lusamine did not appear here. Now that's interesting.... I'll just link this here:
    Spoiler:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    From what I can recall from S/M, she got exposed to Nihilego's toxin at some point while trying to find her missing husband. From there it just stayed in her system, apparently making her addicted to it and warping her mind around protecting and trying to encounter Nihilego again to the point that she became the psychotic monster she was in S/M. Just about everything from her forcing Lillie to dress like she did to trying to open Ultra Wormholes was her being affected by its poison, and the more exposure she gets to it the worse she becomes, culminating in her acting as obsessively as she did around them right before she fused with one of them. If Lillie, the main character, and Hapu hadn't went after her with Nebby's help she probably would have overdosed on it and died at some point.

Now, it's entirely possible manipulation from some third party might have involved at some point because of the Beast Balls you're given by Wicke during the post game. Those cost a massive amount of money to make, possibly more than the Aether Foundation is worth. We know of at least one villainous team with enough cash to possibly finance this, and there would be ample reason for them to want to get into Ultra Space. Nihilego's toxins alone could have a lot of use in trying to control and manipulate humans, and other UBs like Kartana and Guzzlord could cause massive amounts of devastation in the hands of say Team Rocket or Team Flare. It's entirely likely the reason Interpol trusts your character with them is because the world at large is probably safer if they were with you than they would be in a government facility where they could be stolen or learned about by people who would do harm with them. It'll be really interesting if an evil team or the remnants of an evil team were helping to finance Lusamine's endeavors behind the scenes.

That's legitimately some interesting stuff I overlooked in Su/Mo! I completely forgot about the fact that Nihilego's poison has the ability to control people and pokemon's minds. That sounds so easy to build a pretty good plot around.
    Considering how dark and scary that sounds, it actually seems pretty fitting with a lot of the darker themes that we've seen revealed in USM so far. Maybe we'll have some kind of plot about the villains trying to figure out how to harness Nihilego's poison to brain wash the masses and possibly delve into the insanity that Lusamine was forced to experience.
    I think that if USM actually ended up being that Dark, it would be a good juxtaposition between the two games, going from light hearted and vibrant to intimidating and dark.

USM being a darker game also feels like it could be a real possibility because Su/Mo actually had some interesting adult themes and references plus the significant increase in creepy and/or realistic pokedex entries. It almost feels like Su/Mo was starting to pave the way to aiming their games at an older audience.

Back