• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    From what I hear, you can't actually use it on the Wi-Fi Connection anyway. Prove me wrong if you'd like.

I've already said that before
    I heard that people have tried battling with sky form shaymin over wifi and it is impossible because it keeps turning back to land form when you battle via against d/p or another platinum game.

It could be you have to beat the game first before you could use sky form shaymin over wifi, lets hope so.

so beat ya to it, I don't think anyone'd prove you wrong, so yeah well it's just too bad.

Years
    If you're playing Platinum ROM on an Emulator on your computer, is there anyway whatsoever to connect to Wi-Fi (GTS, etc)?

Sorry, just never played a DS game on an Emulator before, no idea if you can connect to Wi-Fi...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Umm, no you can't? The first time you enter Hearthome, Fantina is away from the gym. Fantina is the fifth Gym Leader. You will have to beat Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, and Crasher Wake first before she makes a reappearance for battling.

Both PokeBeach AND Serebii have said that Fantina is available as the 3rd Gym Leader in Platinum. ...I think I'm going to side with them on this one.

Here's something I would like to know from those of you playing the game, though: there was a rumor that you could get Oak's Letter & the Member Pass by progressing through the Battle Frontier (getting the medals, increasing your winning streak, etc). Has anybody been able to check this?

EDIT: And for that matter, I'd like to know how soon you can get the Glacidia's Flower item, too.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Here are some screens and some of the new Sprites (Ripped by me)

Titlescreen:
    Platinum Findings.. Anyone who's playing it post here..

The new Pokétch

The new sprites

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
    Erm, this is what happens over wifi.

Shaymin keeps all its moves and stats but changes forms and ability ove wifi.

Also this game is looking very good, im loving all the trainier and backsprites animations!

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
    Where can I get the Jap Rom???
    Where can I download the Rom. I have looked everywhere!!!

The PokeCommunity Rules said:
    Illegally tampered copyrighted software may not be posted or linked to.
    Including ROMs, "warez" or cracks, no software that has been illegally tampered with, or distributed outside its legal means, should be linked to. This includes original BIOS or firmware files for any gaming platform. ROMs are copyrighted materials, and the distribution of them without any copyright holding is prohibited.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91723

Google is your friend...

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    im loving it so far i would wish that people will make an english patch like they did with Metal slug 7

Wow, just... wow. It was released yesterday. Completing a translation patch takes MONTHS. Look at the mother3 english patch, that's been going on for a year. Only with a PROFESSIONAL & dedicated team can a translation patch/ official translation come out within a few months of a game's release

GligarGirl91

FIX your posts immediately...
    Years
    I am so going to get it soon as I have already ordered it from Japan... :D I just can´t read or speak or write japan at all... xD

Years
    I believe on SPPf it was mentioned that Sky Forme Shaymin reverts back to its normal sprite when battling a D/P game, but keeps its stats, typing, and moveset. I think this is believeable, considering the Sky Forme sprite doesn't exist in D/P. Hopefully its stats and typing stay the same.

Years
    iv got pokemon platinum on a rom and on my ds its so cool its in jpn version but i just want to see the cool new graphics but when its in english ill take it serious and i could finally understand it

the best graphics are in hearthome city there awsome just too let you know and your first rival battle is on the first route

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back