• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    Okay, i edited it way too much it was getting annoying to me.

I need to see: Octillary. I have a remoriad and im training it atm. 6 levels. And i need to see a Dusclops. Does anyone know where i can see one? Or catch a duskull? And currently looking for a Sudowoodo/Bonsly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Okay, i edited it way too much it was getting annoying to me.

I need to see: Octillary. I have a remoriad and im training it atm. 6 levels. And i need to see a Dusclops. Does anyone know where i can see one? Or catch a duskull? And currently looking for a Sudowoodo/Bonsly.
    There is a Trainer in Victory Road who uses Dusclop. You can catch a Duskull in Route 209 as well, only at nite(starting from 8:00PM - 3:59AM)

Not sure if this is in the right place, but reading the Gamefreak staff diary, I found out that the Battle Recorder has a hidden wallpaper change function.

Simply touch the left/right edge of the touch screen when in the Battle Recorder to change it.
    Thank you, My Battle Recorder turned to red right now. I think you can open up a thread and tell others.

WHY THERE'S NO ONE ANSWERING MY QUESTION!

I beat all 5 Frontier Brains, I have the Gold Badge for all Battle Facilities, but my Trainer Card hadn't upgrade... Why's that?

Last edited:

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    There is a Trainer in Victory Road who uses Dusclop. You can catch a Duskull in Route 209 as well, only at nite(starting from 8:00PM - 3:59AM)

Thank you, My Battle Recorder turned to red right now. I think you can open up a thread and tell others.

WHY THERE'S NO ONE ANSWERING MY QUESTION!

I beat all 5 Frontier Brains, I have the Gold Badge for all Battle Facilities, but my Trainer Card hadn't upgrade... Why's that?

Thank you about the Dusclops Information. :D

But i dont know. Try looking something at serebii about that. or go to there chat.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Are there any 2 Pokemon in Platinum (pre-Iron Island) that can both have 4 of the HM Moves, so I can have a fourth battler in my travelling party?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Bibarel learns six HM moves.

- HM01 Cut
    - HM03 Surf
    - HM04 Strength
    - HM06 Rock Smash
    - HM07 Waterfall
    - HM08 Rock Climb

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    And no one likes Bibarel anyways XD

Also for Seth Cullen, you can catch bonsly outside the town with the ship to iron island, can't remember wat its called

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    And no one likes Bibarel anyways XD

Also for Seth Cullen, you can catch bonsly outside the town with the ship to iron island, can't remember wat its called

Thank anyways but i saw a sudowoodo near pal park XD.

But i beg to differ bibarel isnt good looking but its a okay pokemon.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bibarel learns six HM moves.

- HM01 Cut
    - HM03 Surf
    - HM04 Strength
    - HM06 Rock Smash
    - HM07 Waterfall
    - HM08 Rock Climb

I know that. I have 2 as HM slaves. What I'm looking for is two different Pokemon I can split ALL 8 HM moves in-between. Having 2 Mew or 2 Smeargle (Or One of each) is the only way I can think of currently, but neither are in the Platinum Sinnoh dex.

in R/S, I was able to do so with Tropius and Ludicolo. But now that Flash and Dive are replaced by Defog and Rock Climb, I'm having troubles finding the two perfect Pokemon.

I'm having another Problem: I can't seem to get Rotom. I've gotten the 7th Badge already, so I should've been able to get it at night a long time ago. Is there any other criteria I have to have to get it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I know that. I have 2 as HM slaves. What I'm looking for is two different Pokemon I can split ALL 8 HM moves in-between. Having 2 Mew or 2 Smeargle (Or One of each) is the only way I can think of currently, but neither are in the Platinum Sinnoh dex.

in R/S, I was able to do so with Tropius and Ludicolo. But now that Flash and Dive are replaced by Defog and Rock Climb, I'm having troubles finding the two perfect Pokemon.

I'm having another Problem: I can't seem to get Rotom. I've gotten the 7th Badge already, so I should've been able to get it at night a long time ago. Is there any other criteria I have to have to get it?
    Tropius is a Sinnoh Pokemon, it can also learn Defog - replace the Flash for Defog.

I figure out how to upgrade the Trainer Card! You have to fight 100-streaks on Battle Tower, just like on DM/PL... That's what my friends said to me BTW...

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Everything Rotom-releated in my Platinum isn't working

-I can't seem to encounter Rotom in the Old Cheateu at all, even at night.
    -I got the secret Key event via Wi-Fi, but that isn't working either. I cleared the Eternia Team Galactic Warehouse and everything.

Is there any criteria needed to activate either events? I just got my Seventh Gym Badge, btw >.<;

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    What do you do after beating/catching Gira? I'm just in Sendoff Spring, with no clue, as I tried to get to Sunyshore, but it was blocked I think...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Everything Rotom-releated in my Platinum isn't working

-I can't seem to encounter Rotom in the Old Cheateu at all, even at night.
    -I got the secret Key event via Wi-Fi, but that isn't working either. I cleared the Eternia Team Galactic Warehouse and everything.

Is there any criteria needed to activate either events? I just got my Seventh Gym Badge, btw >.<;

As long as you already talked to Gardenia like you would in D/P, you should be able to go catch Rotom. Just make sure that you're actually there when it's late (as in, around 10 PM or later).

What do you do after beating/catching Gira? I'm just in Sendoff Spring, with no clue, as I tried to get to Sunyshore, but it was blocked I think...

Go talk to Professor Rowan. Then you can head over to Sunyshore.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    I need soome help on Wifi Square?

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick rundown of the different options in Platinum in the Wifi Square? I know the first one is trade toys.

I searched here and serebii and found no in depth guide~

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I don't want to sound dumb, so I apologize first and foremost.

When did Platinum come out in english?? 0_o
    It never came out yet....we have to wait for Spring 09 for the US release.
    Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me a quick rundown of the different options in Platinum in the Wifi Square? I know the first one is trade toys.

I searched here and serebii and found no in depth guide~

Thanks in advance.
    Well when you first enter I cant really read Jap. so what I can understand is that your able to choose two types for yourself....nothing exciting about that but then there's the three diff. games. The one with Wobbuffet, Swalot and then Mime Jr. It seems you have to have three bars in the connection in order to play because it sometimes wouldnt let me play....I dont know maybe you dont....
    If you win any of the games you item that you are given once you enter gets upgraded.
    I dont know how many times but my item I got was at least upgraded 2 or 3 times....you could trade with another person but havent really tried or bothered....there are some things in the room which I dont know what are for but I would think to look on Serebii to findout but dont think its all that important....

Not sure if that answers your question....?

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    This may have been asked already, but here goes.

Where do I find an Electrizer? Is it found the same way as in D/P? Or like with the Magmarizer, you can find lying around? I really want to evolve my electabuzz!

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    When will the English Version of Platinum be released in China and Japan. My friend's mother is going to Hong Kong on Friday and I am hoping she will be able to buy the english version for me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    This may have been asked already, but here goes.

Where do I find an Electrizer? Is it found the same way as in D/P? Or like with the Magmarizer, you can find lying around? I really want to evolve my electabuzz!
    You should have the ability to Surf, because it is located near the Valley Windworks.

When will the English Version of Platinum be released in China and Japan. My friend's mother is going to Hong Kong on Friday and I am hoping she will be able to buy the english version for me.
    No, you have to wait at least for Spring 2009, because they import games from USA(US version) and Japan(JP version). You have to know US release/JP release=HK release, well at least you can buy the Japanese version right now.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    It never came out yet....we have to wait for Spring 09 for the US release.

Well when you first enter I cant really read Jap. so what I can understand is that your able to choose two types for yourself....nothing exciting about that but then there's the three diff. games. The one with Wobbuffet, Swalot and then Mime Jr. It seems you have to have three bars in the connection in order to play because it sometimes wouldnt let me play....I dont know maybe you dont....
    If you win any of the games you item that you are given once you enter gets upgraded.
    I dont know how many times but my item I got was at least upgraded 2 or 3 times....you could trade with another person but havent really tried or bothered....there are some things in the room which I dont know what are for but I would think to look on Serebii to findout but dont think its all that important....

Not sure if that answers your question....?

Well I meant more along the lines of the different things you can do while interacting with other trainers. I know the first option (of 4) is trade toys but the other three I have no clue and don't want to do something I have no clue what the result will be.

Thanks though and If anyone knows the answer I'd appreciate it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back