• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    if I remember, you have to talk to her. She will give you a togepi egg, then you may proceed.

Gkmeit

Will defeat all.
    Years
    Stark Mountain

Does anyone know how to get through Stark Mountain? I got up to the part were you go to the Trainer Cafe and talk to Buck but I got stuck after that because I can't read Japanese that well. If anyone knows what to do next please tell me.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    I don't have a national dex yet but I have a charmander
    if i evolve now it thru the story will charmander and charmeleon be recorded on the national dex if i didn't have them while owning a national dex or will i have to breed and evolve again?

I was wondering that myself.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Ok I'm trying to do this game by memory as much as I can, but I will get stuck from time to time cause of the language.
    Ok I'm in the town where the gym leader is gone and both exits are blocked, and cannot remember what to do to get out.
    Please help!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Ok I'm trying to do this game by memory as much as I can, but I will get stuck from time to time cause of the language.
    Ok I'm in the town where the gym leader is gone and both exits are blocked, and cannot remember what to do to get out.
    Please help!!

You mean you're in Hearthome, and Fantina is gone?
    Have you met her in the contest hall yet? You face her a bit earlier in Platinum, so if you have beaten Roark and Gardenia, I think she should be next.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Yes that's the place, I went into the contest hall and talk to the lay and went to the gym and there's a man blocking it. I know I battle that gym later on, but how do I get out of town??

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Yes that's the place, I went into the contest hall and talk to the lay and went to the gym and there's a man blocking it. I know I battle that gym later on, but how do I get out of town??

The third Gym leader you battle in Platinum should be Fantina, it was for me anyways. The guy should move if you talk to him after meeting Fantina in the contest hall.. Unless we're missing something ;/

You can only go back to the previously visited towns at this point, namely Eterna, Oreburgh and those that came before. The east passage from Hearthome opens up after you beat that Gym, and the south passage opens later on.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    The third Gym leader you battle in Platinum should be Fantina, it was for me anyways. The guy should move if you talk to him after meeting Fantina in the contest hall.. Unless we're missing something ;/

You can only go back to the previously visited towns at this point, namely Eterna, Oreburgh and those that came before. The east passage from Hearthome opens up after you beat that Gym, and the south passage opens later on.

Ok thank you, I talked with (i think) my mom in there and then Fantina moved, so I didn't know to talk to her after my mom left.

Gkmeit

Will defeat all.
    Years

He's right, I beat the game and the third gym leader was Fatina even though they didn't move her on the trainer card. You can watch marrilands videos about this stuff though.

Years
    Platinum question.

If I had a Japanese movie 08 regigigias and held on to it until Platinum was out in Australia, would I still be able to get the regis or will it not work because its Japanese?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
    well it my work
    but i highly doubt it will
    but iam pretty shour that there will be a US event verion of the Regigigas

hope this helped :):):):)

Years
    well it my work
    but i highly doubt it will
    but iam pretty shour that there will be a US event verion of the Regigigas

hope this helped :):):):)
    How vague can you get? What good will a US event do if the OP specified Australia?

Look, Platinum isn't out in English yet, so we won't have a clue if Game Freak will change the event or not. If not, then your Regigigas should work. If they change it, chances are you will be able to obtain the new Regigigas in a local event.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    go back to spear pillar, there will be two portals one blue (dialga), one purple (palkia) though i'm not sure that they both appear together though
    hope that helped
    Before going to Spear Pillar, make sure all these things have been done already:
    - Talk to the old woman of Celestic Town(after Elite Four is beaten).
    - Win the Elite Four.
    - Got the Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back