• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    HELLO IM JUST CONFUSED -_-?.... HOW DO YOU GET THE POKEDEX ENGLISH LANGUAGE.....LIKE I KNOW THE POKEDEX IN PLATINUM WAS JAPANESE RIGHT BUT I SAW IN SEREBII.NET YOU CAN HAVE THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE.... SOO THANX IN ADVANCE :D

Were you looking at this page? Because it does tell you how on there; a different language Pokédex entry is added when you trade for a Pokémon that was obtained in a different language version. So for example, if you traded an English Eevee to a Japanese version of Platinum, then you would obtain it's English Pokédex entry. You can switch between the entries by clicking on the lettered tabs at the bottom of the Touch screen, when viewing the Pokémon's Pokédex data.

Of course you don't unlock all the entries at once, just for each individual Pokémon as you trade for them.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    Were you looking at this page? Because it does tell you how on there; a different language Pokédex entry is added when you trade for a Pokémon that was obtained in a different language version. So for example, if you traded an English Eevee to a Japanese version of Platinum, then you would obtain it's English Pokédex entry. You can switch between the entries by clicking on the lettered tabs at the bottom of the Touch screen, when viewing the Pokémon's Pokédex data.

Of course you don't unlock all the entries at once, just for each individual Pokémon as you trade for them.

HEHE..THNX :D..BUT I MEANT FOR MY QUESTION WAS..LIKE HOW DO YOU GET IT?......LIKE DO YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE WHOLE GAME FIRST OR LIKE DO SOME EVENTS FROM THE GAME OR SOMETHING? :D...THANX FOR ADVANCE

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    HEHE..THNX :D..BUT I MEANT FOR MY QUESTION WAS..LIKE HOW DO YOU GET IT?......LIKE DO YOU HAVE TO FINISH THE WHOLE GAME FIRST OR LIKE DO SOME EVENTS FROM THE GAME OR SOMETHING? :D...THANX FOR ADVANCE
    No you can obtain it, once you have Pokedex. And only Pokemon came from other region(like US, Germany, Spain etc...), have Foreign-dex. Also remember, not all Pokemon have foreign dex text.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
    HOW DO YOU GET THE POKEDEX ENGLISH LANGUAGE.....LIKE I KNOW THE POKEDEX IN PLATINUM WAS JAPANESE RIGHT BUT I SAW IN SEREBII.NET YOU CAN HAVE THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE
    Well, you will get foreign pokedex languages for certain pkmn for D/P in the house on the tiny sea route between the route east of survival area and south of stark mountain route...(I THINK, check serebii.net for more info)
    You can't translate the language into English in any game, lol. I'm guessing in Platinum it should be the same but probably with a few more entries added.
    EDIT: Oh and your other question... it is in the Battle Zone, so I guess the only requirement is beating the E4.

olearye273

im English and i dont like tea
    Years
    hi i have a darkrai from a foreign country with a laguage i dont understand ( japenese or chinese or something) but it has the moves of an alamos darkrai. i have been looking around the trade threads and i havent seen a single darkrai from either korea, japan or china (or another country with letters in that kind of style) so ismy darkrai hacked?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    hi i have a darkrai from a foreign country with a laguage i dont understand ( japenese or chinese or something) but it has the moves of an alamos darkrai. i have been looking around the trade threads and i havent seen a single darkrai from either korea, japan or china (or another country with letters in that kind of style) so ismy darkrai hacked?

What you're looking for is an Eigakan Darkrai.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    No you can obtain it, once you have Pokedex. And only Pokemon came from other region(like US, Germany, Spain etc...), have Foreign-dex. Also remember, not all Pokemon have foreign dex text.

Well, you will get foreign pokedex languages for certain pkmn for D/P in the house on the tiny sea route between the route east of survival area and south of stark mountain route...(I THINK, check serebii.net for more info)
    You can't translate the language into English in any game, lol. I'm guessing in Platinum it should be the same but probably with a few more entries added.
    EDIT: Oh and your other question... it is in the Battle Zone, so I guess the only requirement is beating the E4.

HEHE THANX THAT HELPS ME ALOT :D....

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    You need to level it up in a different place. I don't remember what they are - google it.

I know that the pink one is for inside buildings, but not the others.

Once it evolves it can't change anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    You need to level it up in a different place. I don't remember what they are - google it.

I know that the pink one is for inside buildings, but not the others.

Once it evolves it can't change anymore.
    Lemme help ya
    How do you make Burmy evolve into one of its alternate forms?
    The other two:
    If you want a Ground-type Wormadam, you should go in to a cave/roads(with no grass) battle wild Pokemon/Trainer(s) .

As for the Grass-type Wormadam, battle wild Pokemon/Trainer(s) on a grass.

Only female Burmy evolves into Wormadam, the male Burmy evolves into another Pokemon - Mothim.

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    HELLO PLEASE I NEED HELP.... HOW DO YOU RECORD YOUR BATTLE USING THE BATTLE RECORDER IN LOCAL WIRELESS BATTLE? :D..AND TO GET TE THE FOREIGN POKEDEX DO YOU HAVE TO TRADE OVER WIFI OR YOU CAN TRADE USING LOCAL WIRELESS?.... :D...THANX IN ADVANCE :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    HELLO PLEASE I NEED HELP.... HOW DO YOU RECORD YOUR BATTLE USING THE BATTLE RECORDER IN LOCAL WIRELESS BATTLE? :D..AND TO GET TE THE FOREIGN POKEDEX DO YOU HAVE TO TRADE OVER WIFI OR YOU CAN TRADE USING LOCAL WIRELESS?.... :D...THANX IN ADVANCE :D
    You know, I never did try out the Battle Recorder. I apologize, but I can't answer that question.

As for the foreign dex entries, it matters not how you receive them; it could be via Wi-Fi or local connection. Either way the little tab should appear in the Pokédex.
    wen does platinum come out
    To my knowledge, there has yet to be an announcement for the release of Platinum in countries other that Japan.
    (Where it has already been released, of course.)

Last edited:

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    You know, I never did try out the Battle Recorder. I apologize, but I can't answer that question.

As for the foreign dex entries, it matters not how you receive them; it could be via Wi-Fi or local connection. Either way the little tab should appear in the Pokédex.
    To my knowledge, there has yet to be an announcement for the release of Platinum in countries other that Japan.
    (Where it has already been released, of course.)

LOLZ ITZ OK :D.....

ANYWAY....REALLY SOO IF YOU TRADE A POKEMON TO ENGLISH DIAMOND YOU'LL HAVE AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN IT :/ ? COZ I TRADED MY ENG. BONSLY AND MY ROTOM BUT ITS STILL DOESN'T HAVE AN ENG BOTTON Y?

PS: SORRY ABOUT MAH ENGLISH :D

Years
    Here's a question I wanna know for the English release: Am I gonna have to trade Pokemon over to complete my Pokedex, or can I see all of them in one way or another?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Are you talking about missing Pokemon? There are certain regional Pokemon that are unobtainable with the game of Platinum, and you'd have to transfer to Pal Park / trade with Diamond or Pearl to get them.

Misdreavus
    Mismagius
    Murkrow
    Honchkrow
    Glameow
    Purugly
    Stunky
    Skuntank
    Trapinch
    Vibrava
    Flygon
    Clamperl
    Gorebyss

And this is the preliminary list for regional missing Pokemon in the game, according to Serebii. So you'll have to trade those over.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    If you battle every trainer you possibly can as you travel through on the way to the elite four then by the time you defeat the elite four you should have seen pretty much all of the sinnoh dex. the only exceptions would be things like Rotom, Dialga, and Palkia. (you'll have to tak with cynthia's grandmother in celestic to gain info on Dialga and Palkia)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back