• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    So r u guys talkn bout the jap. version cause i sure it hasnt been released here yet....

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    Only certain Pokémon have the foreign dex function. They are:

Pikachu
    Ekans
    Psyduck
    Ponyta
    Staryu
    Magikarp
    Wobbuffet
    Heracross
    Sneasel
    Teddiursa
    Houndour
    Wingull
    Slakoth
    Roselia

OHH..OK TY :D.....

:HOW DO YOU RECORD YOUR BATTLE USING THE BATTLE RECORDER?
    THANX IN ADVANCE :D

Years
    Which trainer can I battle who has a Lumineon and where is he?

you can also find them at any sea rout W/ a super rod.

!!question!!
    in emerald version how do you unlock the regi caverns?? I've goten past the first "sealed chamber" where you use dig on the wall and the doors to theyr caves are open, but theres nothing in them but some braile that sais something about entering thier well.

Years
    @sanshroo: There are certain "tricks" you need to perform in each room, described by the braille written on the wall.

Regirock: From the braille inscription (after reading it), go 2 steps left, 2 steps down and then use Rock Smash. The door will open.
    Regice: From the braille inscription (after reading it), travel completely around the room clockwise along the walls. Once you reach the inscription again, the door will open.
    Registeel: From the inscription (after reading it), walk to the very middle of the room and use Flash. The door will open.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
    HOW DO YOU RECORD YOUR BATTLE USING THE BATTLE RECORDER?

I have no idea lol, all I know is that you can still record battles from the Battle Frontier.
    Well, since I have no idea, I guess that's my question too... How do you record battles using the battle recorder???

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    I have no idea lol, all I know is that you can still record battles from the Battle Frontier.
    Well, since I have no idea, I guess that's my question too... How do you record battles using the battle recorder???
    I'm not sure, but I think you have to battle someone over Wi-Fi then go up to the machine in the GTS and say you want to show your battle to everyone.

~Night

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I'm not sure, but I think you have to battle someone over Wi-Fi then go up to the machine in the GTS and say you want to show your battle to everyone.

~Night
    After a man-to-man battle (Wi-Fi or Local), you'll be prompted by the game whether you'd like to record that particular battle or not.

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    hey, um, guys? I have a question. platinim's not out in the US yet right? When is it coming out? also, I don't know if I want to buy it, should I? I lready hve dimond and pearl, are there lot of differences and what are they?

vamp52403

pokemon master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    platenom

i no this is probobly a stupid qesgon but when you get pltinom how do u trasnlat it? bad speling I know

Last edited:

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    hey, um, guys? I have a question. platinim's not out in the US yet right? When is it coming out? also, I don't know if I want to buy it, should I? I lready hve dimond and pearl, are there lot of differences and what are they?

That's right it is not out in the U.S. yet, everyone thinks it's coming out in the spring of '09 but no one really knows. Platinum has some differences but not very many(to me) they are listed below from wut i can remember:
    HM rock climb and defog are found somewhere else
    the Regional dex changed a bit
    Team galactic seems a bit more evil...>=)
    Rebattle gym leaders and those double battle characters
    a Member's Card will be released most likely(like in JP) so you can get Darkrai
    The legendary birds and golems are catchable...
    theres a torn world(ruin world)
    a Frontier (5 facilities)
    you can save and record battles(wifi, locale, frontier)
    you get a little house in the Resort Area...=)
    link ur E-mail to get notified when somethings happen
    Mini-Games =)...
    wow thats a lot i remembered.....but those are the differences between the games that i can remember

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    It doesn't have a release date yet. ):

I'll list some more changes for you.

♫ Expanded regional dex (about 60 more Pokemon than DP)
    ♫ Introduction of Moltres / Zapdos / Articuno roaming the land.
    ♫ Introduction of Regirock / Regice / Registeel
    ♫ Introduction of Tangela and Tangrowth
    ♫ Introduction of new Formes for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin
    ♫ The missing Pokemon of Misdreavus, Mismagius, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Glameow, Purugly, Stunky, Skuntank, Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss.
    ♫ Deeper storyline involving Giratina, Pluto, Dialga, and Palkia.
    ♫ Introduction of a new area called the Torn World, which allows you to walk / surf vertically, etc.
    ♫ New Battle Frontier in place of the battle area which includes the Battle Factory, Battle Tower, Battle Castle, Battle Roulette, Battle Stage, and Battle Shops.
    ♫ Upgraded puzzles in Eterna, Vielstone, and Hearthome gyms.
    ♫ Gym Leaders with new Pokemon from the addition to the regional dex.
    ♫ Top Trainer Cafe in the Survival Area, which allows you to rebattle the Gym Leaders (They are a lot stronger).
    ♫ Top Trainer Cafe also lets you reunite in a battle with people you've been aquainted with to pass a certain stage (e.g. Cheryl, Riley, Buck)
    ♫ Changes in the design of each Elite Four room.
    ♫ Changes in the Elite Four's Pokemon
    ♫ Frontier Brains similar to that of Emerald.
    ♫ Able to battle different people in the Pokemon Center
    ♫ Able to battle weekly with your rival after obtaining National Dex.
    ♫ The Great Marsh undergoing design changes.
    ♫ New obtainable Pokemon after the National Dex
    ♫ New Move Tutors
    ♫ Wurmple appearing on Honey Trees
    ♫ Getting your own "house" in the resort area with decoratable furniture.
    ♫ Changes in the Vielstone Department store
    ♫ A back button on your Poketch
    ♫ Able to bring more Pokemon into Amity Square
    ♫ Changes in the design of Amity Square
    ♫ More features in WiFi (games, poffins, etc.)
    ♫ The Battle Recorder is introduced and lets you record WiFi battles
    ♫ New key characters including Professor Pluto, Officer Handsome, etc.
    ♫ Expanded movepool for Pokemon (Zapdos learns Heatwave, etc.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back