• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Actually, although this isn't on the topic of Pokemon, the Wii is region-locked, meaning you can't play imported games unless you use homebrew. So is the DSi (although only Japanese copies only exist at the moment). DS and DS lite are fine though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, although this isn't on the topic of Pokemon, the Wii is region-locked, meaning you can't play imported games unless you use homebrew. So is the DSi (although only Japanese copies only exist at the moment). DS and DS lite are fine though.

Even though this isn't on Pokemon, you, my friend are incorrect. There are a total of 0 games out of the over 3000 that are region-locked. The DSi shop is region-locked, but the games are not. Sorry to burst your bubble. Not sure about the Wii, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Action Replay codes for English patched Platinum?

I'm currently playing the English patched version of the Japanese Platinum. Does anyone have an instant egg hatch action replay code?

Is this the right board to post this since the code I'm looking for should work for the regular Japanese Platinum, or does it belong on the emulation/ROM hacking board because it is a patched game that I have?

Years
  • I'm currently playing the English patched version of the Japanese Platinum. Does anyone have an instant egg hatch action replay code?

Is this the right board to post this since the code I'm looking for should work for the regular Japanese Platinum, or does it belong on the emulation/ROM hacking board because it is a patched game that I have?
    After looking around, I think I found a code.

921ed410 00004281
    121ed410 00004289
    d2000000 00000000

It should hatch after 1 step, from what I understand. :/

Hana~

Now available in surround~
    Years
  • I'd like to ask a question.

I downloaded the Membership Card from Wi-Fi. I just completed the game, but I cannot seem to enter the Abandoned Lodge in Canalave. I have talked to the man in green at a PokéMart.

The Rotomu event in Eterna Galactic Building worked perfectly as soon as I got to Eterna City.

Do I have to get the National Pokédex?

ivanedu

exxpierienced /master trainer
    Years
  • Whats so special about pokemon platinium whatsoever by that I mean its like the emerald pokemon diamond is pokemon saphira pokemon rubi is pokemon pearl emerald is platinium I really see no interest in it all doe thtat well a good thing by that different is the pokemon forms whats so ever ae a litle repeat LITTE diferrrend and its not that your gonna be able do be in the reverse world of pokemon ... 4 me its ust not something new sorrry 4 the too mucho watsoever its just that a friend got me into it .. xD!

But.. how much is a yen in dollars or how many yens per dollars .... ive never been in china ahaahha

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Whats so special about pokemon platinium

Even though you already somewhat answered your own question...

-Updated Story: the Reverse World and post-Elite 4 sections are new, adding to the story of the last two games. There are also small updates scattered all over the game

-Improved Graphics: The Reverse World represents a significant improvement by its new dimensions alone.

-New Forms: Shaymin Sky Forme, Giratina Origin Forme, and all of the new Rotom Forms.

-Improved Post-Story: Again, there is more to do after beating the Elite Four. The Battle Frontier returns, the Stark Mountain sidequest has been changed, and there are two more Legendary trios to search for.

Years
  • I'd like to ask a question.

I downloaded the Membership Card from Wi-Fi. I just completed the game, but I cannot seem to enter the Abandoned Lodge in Canalave. I have talked to the man in green at a PokéMart.

The Rotomu event in Eterna Galactic Building worked perfectly as soon as I got to Eterna City.

Do I have to get the National Pokédex?
    Most likely. Rotom is in the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum, so it makes sense that you can activate that beforehand.
    I know when I got Darkrai I had the National Dex already, so try getting that and see if that helps ^^;

Whats so special about pokemon platinium whatsoever by that I mean its like the emerald pokemon diamond is pokemon saphira pokemon rubi is pokemon pearl emerald is platinium I really see no interest in it all doe thtat well a good thing by that different is the pokemon forms whats so ever ae a litle repeat LITTE diferrrend and its not that your gonna be able do be in the reverse world of pokemon ... 4 me its ust not something new sorrry 4 the too mucho watsoever its just that a friend got me into it .. xD!

But.. how much is a yen in dollars or how many yens per dollars .... ive never been in china ahaahha
    Well, I'd advise you to get it. The changes are subtle, but they make the game better, in my opinion.
    The surf speed has increased, and yeah. The member above posted quite a few improvements/additions in this game, but then again there's also the usage of the Wi-Fi events feature in this game.
    Rotom's Secret Key, an event only item, was distributed via wifi, as was Darkrai's Member Card and as will Shaymin's Oak's letter. Essentially, in as an added initiative to purchase the game, Gamefreak essentially decided to do appease one of the largest complaints fans make - make event pokemon's event occur in game, instead of having to go to some event and obtaining it in an untradeable way.
    In this retrospect, along with other additions such as the easier method of entering Friend Codes, Battle Recorder, Battle Frontier, Distortion/Reverse World, move tutors (and their subsequent metagame scramble) and its other features introduced in this game truly, for me, make Diamond/Pearl obsolete.

It's just a good idea to buy it. :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can the movie Regigigas unlock the trio in several different games if traded?

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
  • Random question but, where can I get Pokemon Platinum for a cheaper price then Play-Asia since those are pretty expensive, I tried lookin' in Amazon but nothin' popped up...please help!

Years
  • Not sure if this has been addressed already...
    I have a japanese Shaymin on my Diamond version.
    Can I trade him over to Platinum and still be able to get the flower or whatever so Sky Form works?
    I don't need the TRU Shaymin, right?
    And when do I need to have the little guy in game so I get that flower?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Not sure if this has been addressed already...
    I have a japanese Shaymin on my Diamond version.
    Can I trade him over to Platinum and still be able to get the flower or whatever so Sky Form works?
    I don't need the TRU Shaymin, right?
    And when do I need to have the little guy in game so I get that flower?

As I understand it, the only key is having a "fateful encounter" Shaymin, so a Japanese Eigakan Shaymin should still work. As for when you need to have it, you should have it in your party when you reach Floaroma.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2009
    when to get that pokemon

when in pokemon platuinm do you get palkia and dialga?before or after the pokemon league.Or do you half to catch azelf,uxie,mespert and take them to the cave in celestic town, the celestic town ruins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back