• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It's definitely before Marley. I believe it's just past the section where you need to use strength with three boulders (the second time). From here you can either go up or right, and one of these paths has trainers.

Sorry for being so vague, I'm going straight off of memory and nothing else here. ><

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I'm trying to finish off the Sinnoh Dex for the National Dex. Can anyone give me locations of trainers that have the following Pokemon: Ambipom, Feebas, Umbreon, Glaceon.

It just has to be trainers that have them. >.>
    Feebas: Trainer on Route 222
    Ambipom: Trainer on Route 216
    Umbreon: Trainer on Route 212
    Glaceon: Trainer on Route 217

majin_strach

Master of Biltong
    Years
  • hey, i got a question about breeding, i got a dragonair (female)..if i breed w/ditto...will i get dratini, or a dragonair?

choatix

Choatix
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    Platinum Q&A Thread

This is rumored to be the cover, but may be Photoshopped...
    And it is rumored for March 22 for the US.

Is this most likely true or false?

The rleaqse date is true, it was declared by Nintendo the other day.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    JAP and ENG

Before I order the JAP Pokémon Platinum is it possible to exchange Mystery Gifts between the ENG Diamond/Pearl games and the JAP Platinum??? A friend put Wonder Cards on my game to give me the Member Card, Oak's Letter, and Heavens Pipe!

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Why would you get the JAP version when all you have to do is wait like 4 months for the American version. 4 months isn't really that long of a wait.

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • Before I order the JAP Pokémon Platinum is it possible to exchange Mystery Gifts between the ENG Diamond/Pearl games and the JAP Platinum??? A friend put Wonder Cards on my game to give me the Member Card, Oak's Letter, and Heavens Pipe!
    It's better to wait.
    But to answer your question, I don't think you can.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    No, you cannot exchange Mystery Gifts. Actually, I don't think you can do that with any Nintendo-distributed Wonder Cards so far... But I believe the option exists in Pokésav.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • If someone has Platinum moves on various Pokemon, can I get them traded over WiFi to my Pearl game and have the moves work? Or do I need my own copy of Platinum to access the moves?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Any moves, learned via a Platinum move tutor or not in the normal D/P learnset but are in Platinum learnset will be able to be used just fine in D/P.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Before I order the JAP Pokémon Platinum is it possible to exchange Mystery Gifts between the ENG Diamond/Pearl games and the JAP Platinum??? A friend put Wonder Cards on my game to give me the Member Card, Oak's Letter, and Heavens Pipe!

No, so far we have not yet received an Event Wonder Card that could be transferred between games, much less games from different regions. However, considering that your friend clearly must have hacked your game somehow in order to give you the Azure Flute, an item that has not been officially released yet, this might not actually apply.

If someone has Platinum moves on various Pokemon, can I get them traded over WiFi to my Pearl game and have the moves work? Or do I need my own copy of Platinum to access the moves?

Considering even completely hacked movesets can work in D/P, Platinum moves will most definitely still work, yes.

lazysensei

Catcher not a Fighter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2009
    When EV training your Pokemon when is the best time to evolve your Pokemon to its fully evolved form when it comes to Pokemon that evolve by trade?

For Example I am currently trying to EV train my Horsea, when should I evolve it to Kingdra after it turns into Seadra?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • When EV training your Pokemon when is the best time to evolve your Pokemon to its fully evolved form when it comes to Pokemon that evolve by trade?

For Example I am currently trying to EV train my Horsea, when should I evolve it to Kingdra after it turns into Seadra?

usually the sooner you can evolve it by trade the better since they usually get a stat boost just from leveling up. This, in turn, gives you a higher starting point stat-wise than if you wait a few levels and then evolve.

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • Don't know if anyone has ever asked not, but I know I had this question.

If you trade and recieve or even just help someone evolve Pokemon through your D/P game , will the data be saved and added to the National Dex when you recieve it? The Answer is, YES.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • anyone know how to unlock the mystery gift for platinum? i try to follow some youtube advice but its not working when i try to follow... v.v'

can someone please PM or VM me a link?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    platinum anti-hack?

hey,i was wondering...is there a anti-hack metod in gts?because i'm tired to trade a pokemon for another which is hacked.i just HATE IT!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Unfortunatly, there is no such method.

Although, you could complain to Nintendo about putting such filters in future games, but it's very unlikely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back