• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Weird question: Anyone else getting an overwhelming desire to replay a Pokemon game right now? I really want to start a new file on HeartGold or Platinum or even Black 2, but with ORAS coming I know I won't finish it, so I'm not bothering...and it's driving me MAD. I get like this every time a new game is on the horizon...I can't be the only one, surely? xD
    I mostly get urges to play really old versions, like Emerald or Crystal, now and then :) Possibly because those are the only ones that feel nostalgic for me while any newer ones aren't as deeply rooted in my history.

I'd kind of like to see a Pokémon game where they visit space. I don't know how it would work exactly, but if they could find a way to do it I think it would be pretty cool.
    A Pokémon: Interstellar version ;);) /nerd rn

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I'd actually not mind playing another Pokemon game. I'd probably pick up Platinum or Emerald, since those are 2 of my favorite Pokemon games of all time.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I mostly get urges to play really old versions, like Emerald or Crystal, now and then :) Possibly because those are the only ones that feel nostalgic for me while any newer ones aren't as deeply rooted in my history.

Yeah, I know what you mean, the true nostalgia effect without the fancy upgrades :P

Personally I'd like to play Emerald again, but considering OR/AS are just around the corner, there's no point to it now.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly I haven't really been in the mood to play Pokemon, either, but I'm sure that will change when I get Alpha Sapphire - I love love love Hoenn games so I don't think there's any reason why I won't like it or want to be motivated to play it. Also another reason is probably because I have a backlog of other games I want to beat before I buy any other games. xD

I just saw that movie and really liked it :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm planning to watch the film at some point in future, aha. Seeing a Pokémon game based off Interstellar would indeed be very cool! Well, at least in my eyes. So long as they're able to keep the game family-friendly, like how Pokémon has always been, I don't believe many people will be having problem with it. It'll take some time to get used to things, but don't feel anything negative would come from that.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Personally I just feel like a full-on space Pokémon game would be very difficult to pull off. Maybe they could make it only a certain area of the game, which would make a lot more sense and I think be a lot easier for players to get used to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What I believe one of the most interesting parts of visiting space would be is Pokémon themselves.

Unless we take any with us, it's very likely we won't be finding any Pokémon there that usually reside in their world; instead, we'll be getting chance of running into brand new ones, possibly having much, different style and characteristics than most Pokémon we have seen before. Due to them being in an isolated area and whatnot, I could imagine their attacks to be completely new as well, and also ability. Of course, some of them could be resembling, possibly, but they would still likely be different in their own way.

Space legendaries could be more fierce-looking if they wish them to, I feel, and perhaps could be even more powerful?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    What I believe one of the most interesting parts of visiting space would be is Pokémon themselves.

Unless we take any with us, it's very likely we won't be finding any Pokémon there that usually reside in their world; instead, we'll be getting chance of running into brand new ones, possibly having much, different style and characteristics than most Pokémon we have seen before. Due to them being in an isolated area and whatnot, I could imagine their attacks to be completely new as well, and also ability. Of course, some of them could be resembling, possibly, but they would still likely be different in their own way.

Space legendaries could be more fierce-looking if they wish them to, I feel, and perhaps could be even more powerful?

Yes, indeed. If there live any Pokémon, they live in a gravity free world, which means they don't need legs or something like those to walk.
    Additionally, there are no things like water, earth, fire, rock and steel in their surroundings, so those types cannot exist. The chance is enormous those creatures have their own unique types, as well as moves and abilities.

Years
    Personally I just feel like a full-on space Pokémon game would be very difficult to pull off. Maybe they could make it only a certain area of the game, which would make a lot more sense and I think be a lot easier for players to get used to.

Yeah it would be true, although the new Delta Episode in OR/AS involves you flying into space with Mega Rayquaza. At least fans got what they wished for ever since the 3rd Gen days now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah it would be true, although the new Delta Episode in OR/AS involves you flying into space with Mega Rayquaza. At least fans got what they wished for ever since the 3rd Gen days now.

Does the episode show us flying into space only, and nothing more? It would have been pretty cool if they had allowed us to explore the place, somehow, but I don't believe this to be too bad, either; many of us had wondered before as to how Pokémon space was like, and this might finally be able to give us some clues, which is great!

Years
    Given the Delta episode has an astral, in-space setting, it might provide sights from extraterrestrial Pokémon like Clefairy, Elgyem and Lunatone/Solrock. We're always hearing stuff on how Clefairy came from space, so if they're in the Delta episode it'd make perfect sense, no? Not that they'll be the focus of the adventure but still an interesting speculation, I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm interested to know if Pokémon such as Clefairy have a different form of sorts in space. Of course, space likely wouldn't have same atmosphere as the world, so I believe they would have to make changes to their body in order to adapt and whatnot. If its body structure is compatible universally, then that's nice, but it would also be... sort of a bummer, haha. Either way, seeing space will be interesting, without a doubt.

Anyhow, have we pre-ordered ORAS yet? If we have, which version are we getting? If we haven't pre-ordered, when are we planning to get these games?

Years
    Yep, I too have both games on pre-order, all paid for and everything, so I am indeed ready to pick them up on Friday. I probably won't be getting them until the shuttle to the mall in the afternoon comes, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've pre-ordered mine as well; I've went with Omega Ruby. I bought myself Pokémon Ruby when generation three was first introduced, so I wanted to live off of that and follow same route for nostalgic purposes. Thankfully, I don't believe I'll have to go to the store and pick at up; they will be delivering the game to my door directly. It's a good thing, because video game store I've ordered from--GameStop--is about two hours away from where I am by driving, so it'd be a bit of hassle to reach.

Have wanted to get a hold of Smash U alongside, but unfortunately, I wasn't able, as I didn't have enough money. It's not a big deal, though; I'll still be purchasing it couple of days after release!

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm heading with my friends tomorrow night to get the game (along with Super Smash Bros.). I'm extremely stoked.

Also what exactly is the delta episode? From what I'm hearing, you just fly into space on Rayquaza?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm not getting any of the games for a while, mostly because money. It seems like it'll be a lonely time on my X version until then; at least there's still a week left until Europe is getting it, so some other people still might play X or Y for the time being. Does, by any chance, anybody know, why there's a delayed release?

The only real sad thing, in my opinion, is that X and Y now might become completely obsolete, especially since there's only one year between the games instead of two. It seems like they didn't get as much appreciation as they deserved (from Nintendo, that is).

Years
    Yeah, that is true now that I think about it. I still have a lot of stuff on my main copy of X, which I may just transfer after all's said and done. But I really thought that XY were something Game Freak really wanted to be special, but it just feels like they didn't care for them when the big picture started to roll.

I'll still play them for fun playthroughs, though, as they still have massive Pokémon selection to choose from so there's that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    X and Y were filled with a ton of features, and of them all, my most favorite is character-customization; always wanted to personalize my own player, and finally doing such a thing was more or less a dream come true. I wish they had given us access to more clothes (or have us download them via DLC onto our memory card), but it's not a big deal; if they're taking this feature into future games, perhaps they could fix.

One thing I disliked about them, though, is story-line. To me, their plot seemed to be rather stale in comparison to some of their previous title releases. It started off nice, but I don't feel that it was able to live up and keep us dragged into the game thoroughly, which sucked. If it weren't for that, X and Y would have been perfect, I believe.

Either way, it'd be nice if they were to keep these games up-to-date with ORAS, if you ask me. Perhaps they could release some update of sorts in future, which allows you to install all the new mega-evolutions and have XY become compatible with the new games.

Years
    I seriously feel like the only one who actually likes XY's story. >_>

Or to put it easily, the whole genocide thing that Team Flare goes for, and what with AZ being a king of 3,000 years with the ultimate weapon. Admittedly most of the plot feels short on detail until after the seventh Gym when everything just goes crazy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back