• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I use modified competitive movesets! I will usually omit healing, hidden power, and hazard moves (occasionally some egg moves if I don't think it's necessary) since a lot of these aren't really necessary ingame. I usually have my Pokemon ingame have movesets with a variety of different types, because I prefer for them to stay in for as long as possible and take as many things down with them, instead of like in competitive battling where I try to keep everyone alive at the same time.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Have you guys ever tried using any strategic Pokémon in-game, and not for competitive purposes? I've tried Togekiss once, with Roost, Air Slash, Thunder Wave, and Ominous Wind, and, well... it made battling a lot easier. Thanks to this Pokémon, I was able to get through about three battle facilities over at Platinum. Right now, I have it in my Y version; would put it on my team, but I'd like to test some other things out before I make space for it.

I don't think I've ever tried to be strategic in-game since most NPC battles tend to be a cakewalk. The closest I've gotten to that is leading with Uxie in Platinum, using shields + Light Clay, sometimes even using Stealth Rock iirc. But usually I take the glass cannon route in my games and go all or nothing.

Also I have this weird tradition of not evolving my starter. For some reason I always keep them in the first or second stage and never go into the third. Like for Oshawott I'll evolve to Dewott (one of my favorite Pokemon ever) and be done with that. But for most every other starter I've ever chosen I've never evolved them even once. It's intentional, because I love their first forms, but that's always just been the case for me. I could care less about extra power to be honest.

I think my current Emerald Nuzlocke is the only exception, as I've got a Sceptile now. XD;
But that's because Nuzlockes are difficult with NFEs. OTL;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nuzlucke runs; it's been ages since I last tried one. :x When I did, though, I wasn't very successful; most of my valuable Pokémon wound up fainting, so I had to just stick with common ones. Since they were newly-captured, their stats and level weren't that great, so they fainted even faster. Once most of them were gone, I simply quit the challenge; it was getting sort of frustrating, haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I did a Nuzlocke challenge once.

I failed it after 2 days. Challenges aren't my thing...so as soon as all my Pokemon fainted, I played normally.

Years
I've been telling myself for the longest time that I'll do a Nuzlocke challenge one day, but I've still never gotten around to it. I just hate playing on emulators, and aside from my Sapphire I never restart my games, so I'm kind of limiting my options, haha.

Maybe one day I'll try a randomized Nuzlocke, though. That'd probably be more exciting than having the possibility of getting a bunch of the same Pokemon early on in the game.

Years
Only time i can remember is pressing B so my Grovyle doesn't evolve into Sceptile, mostly cause i don't really like Sceptile that much. i still evolved it when i reached E4 (because i wouldn't play the game again after beating the E4) anyway

Years
There are actually a large amount of Pokemon of which I prefer their basic stage over their final stage, but it's never a good option to keep them from evolving forever, or they'll never maximize their potential. As cute as they can be, basic stage Pokemon are never up to par with their final forms. The Eviolite did alter this a bit, but mostly with competitive gaming, as defenses aren't nearly as important during the story line.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I never cancel level evolution, except when I need my Pokemon to learn a certain move sooner. An example is Pupitar prior to Gen IV, which I don't evolve until it has learned Earthquake at level 56.

As for stone evolutions, I don't evolve them until they've learnt the level-up moves I want. For example, I don't evolve Pikachu until it has learnt Thunderbolt and Agility.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Really? Yikes I must be pretty good at Nuzlocke challenges then. ovo;
I've not failed one yet and always end up going through the whole way without many complications.
Usually one or two Pokemon faint and that's the last of it. I have never completely failed a Nuzlocke, but I hear that it's not usually easy most of the time. :D;

I think the games that would be the easiest to Nuzlocke on are B&W and X&Y... Audino, exp. share etc. Makes leveling a cakewalk so it won't be easy to faint when you're 10+ levels above everyone else.

Also I've 'hit B' on an uncountable amount of Pokemon. Wouldn't be able to tell you exact 'mons. XD;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Nuzlocke wouldn't be that difficult in XY; I could imagine. With the Experience Share, you wouldn't have to put any effort into training your Pokémon at all; if one of them's leveling-up, rest of them are guaranteed to level-up, too. You could always disable this item if you like, of course, but if it were me, I probably wouldn't even consider it. xD" If ORAS winds up getting the same, exact Exp. Share, which I'm sure it will, challenges like this won't be too tough to get through, either.

Years
If you don't use the Exp. Share, XY can be considerably more difficult than people make them out to be. Not only is leveling up a pain, but trainers pack powerful Pokémon and the gigantic amount of stuff in the Kalos Dex can make it hard to predict what they're gonna throw at you. Put short, the trainers in Korrina's Gym use stuff like Throh and Sawk, which are much stronger than anything she uses herself. Olympia's Gym has trainers that use Pokémon who pack a lot more punch than anything of hers (like Exeggutor and Reuniclus).

I nowadays do Wedlockes (a variant). While i've never actually "failed" one (does wiping to the first Gym in Black count?), there was a serious one I actually quit - one I did on X in late 2013, with Pokémon Center restrictions (which meant next to nothing given how many healing spots there are in the game) and Set mode, which, sadly, I terminated at Victory Road (long story). But I recently completed a pretty tough one on White 2 with Challenge Mode and no bag items in battle (but with Shift mode). 14 deaths, two of them against Iris, but it was an awesome time. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Some trainers are actually pretty tough, yeah. I've actually got beaten by a couple at beginning and middle of the game, haha.

Years
Some trainers are actually pretty tough, yeah. I've actually got beaten by a couple at beginning and middle of the game, haha.

Would they by any chance be the ones south of Parfum Palace with those accursed Furfrou? Or the Black Belt/Psychic duo with Mr. Mime and Machoke right before Reflection Cave? Because I know there are people who don't take them lightly.

Years

Same with me, actually. That may be because most of the Pokemon I wanted on my team were available early in the game, so instead of having like one or two high leveled Pokemon, I had four that were lower level on average than most of the trainers. Naturally, I was too lazy to spend any time grinding, and actually lost quite a few times to some trainers. D:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'm also caught by surprise sometimes with difficult NPC's in pretty much every game. A pair in particular that I remember are in Diamond/Pearl near the exit of the route going to Veilstone City. It's an optional double battle with some Ace Trainers who have a Monferno, Luxio, Gyarados, Glameow, and Kadabra between them. I always end up having trouble with his stupid Gyarados; however, I've learned to fight them separately and then they're much easier :D
I also have problems with pretty much every trainer in XY that has a Throh or Sawk.. Or pretty much any Fighting-type.. A lot of times I have trouble just because I'm not paying attention or my lead Pokemon isn't healed up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Would they by any chance be the ones south of Parfum Palace with those accursed Furfrou? Or the Black Belt/Psychic duo with Mr. Mime and Machoke right before Reflection Cave? Because I know there are people who don't take them lightly.

One of them was definitely from Parfum Palace, yup. I don't really remember what their name was, though, or what Pokémon they had. ):

Years
That beginning segment of X and Y with Parfum Palace took me forever to get through, I remember thinking it was the hugest gap between the beginning of the game and the first gym in any Pokemon game!

When you guys play Pokemon, how far do you like to go before you save and sign off, per say? I would say don't factor in your first play through, because I know for me, that would severley alter my average, haha. I try to keep it one gym at a time, because I like lengthening my runs out, just enjoying it for a longer period of time. However, if gyms are close to one another, like Rustboro and Dewford's, then that variable changes.

Years
With the exception of XY, I usually save and get off whenever I need to go somewhere; doesn't matter where I am. I do almost always save before gym/Pokemon League battles and legendary encounters, though. In the case of XY, I seldom save unless I'm doing online stuff, am breeding, or plan to change catridges or use another app. on my 3DS, haha. When I am done playing, I just close the screen since I can get StreetPass and SpotPass notifs. while it's in sleep mode.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I like to save before every single event, whether it's rival battles, legendary appearances or the Pokemon League, just in case I mess up. I don't know why, but I just get really scared when in front of something like a legendary Pokemon, in fear that I'll KO it by accident so saves are more than necessary to me. I'm sure it's the Pokemon standard by now, but hey.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm almost the same; I save after every single major event, such as defeating a Gym Leader, Elite Four member, rival, some evil boss, etc. I forget to save every once in a blue moon since, of course, I'm merely a human, and that could be an extremely frustrating extremely frustrating experience. Last time I'd done this, which was when playing Pokémon Platinum, I quit the game for almost an entire month; that's how upset I was, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back