• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Prior to generation five, I would focus on training only one Pokémon throughout each storyline, which, in most cases, would be my starter. I did have other slots filled, but used them only so I that I'd have some back-up should my main team member ever faint, and stall time so that I'd be able to use items like Revive and Full Restore to bring it back to life. Personally, I found this method to make things pretty easy.

Years
It wasn't really that I needed to grind, but more that I was extremely OCD about my Pokemon being equal in level. It's died down a lot, but a few years ago, if I had two level 40 pokemon and caught a new teammate that was level 25, I'd stop my adventure and take the necessary time to grind it all the way up to 40. Crazy, I know, but I had no trouble at all defeating the Elite Four, haha. n__n;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Keeping your team balanced thoroughly (in terms of level) does have its advantages, but I wasn't as much into it as I am now, haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I used to be obsessed with keeping everyone the same level, but then I started to either keep my starter at a higher level, or keep my main/favourite at a higher level, just in case stuff got crazy. It pays to have that one OP Pokemon that you can rely on when you're backed into a corner.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
In a way I agree with keeping 1 pokemon's level higher than the rest, as long as it isn't too high. I think no more than 5 levels, because like I said before, if it gets knocked out, then the lower levelled ones could be in trouble. One time for the Dialga fight I was so underlevelled and I couldn't leave for some reason. Luckily I had rare candies and had no choice but to level my Rapidash all the way to 52, as the others were 43. Just managed to survive the battle but 5 of my pokemon ended up knocked out at the end.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
It wasn't really that I needed to grind, but more that I was extremely OCD about my Pokemon being equal in level. It's died down a lot, but a few years ago, if I had two level 40 pokemon and caught a new teammate that was level 25, I'd stop my adventure and take the necessary time to grind it all the way up to 40. Crazy, I know, but I had no trouble at all defeating the Elite Four, haha. n__n;

Oh my god. I'm really not the only one who does this.

I could swear for the longest time out of most of the people I've met that I'm the only person who will drop everything they're doing to make sure all teammates are caught up. I'm really super picky about my Pokemon's levels being on par with one another if not 1 or 2 apart. It'll literally drive me crazy otherwise. I just don't want anyone being weaker than anyone else. ;A;

The only issues I've had with this training method is that in X&Y I was getting teammates 4-5 levels apart from each other... because in one round I'd level up 4 times on one Pokemon after an important battle. Yay Amie and it's exp hax.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speaking of Pokémon-Amie, how much are you all liking the feature so far? Personally, I think it's all right--it allows you to interact with your Pokémon to help them gain benefit on certain things, and that, if you ask me, is pretty unique. Though, I would have liked it better if it allowed you to have some Pokémon follow you around behind, like in HeartGold and SoulSilver, by having you raise their likeness towards your player.

Years
Amie is adorable, I love seeing all of my Pokemon from a new perspective and being able to interact with some closely. It creates a connection that hasn't been plausible before with the games, and the mini-games are a fun way to pass the time! I have to agree though, the follow-me feature from Johto's remakes has to be one of my favorite features ever in Pokemon, and it's sad that they haven't continued to implement it. :[

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I adore Pokemon Amie. I mean, I kind of have a love-hate relationship with it; where I'll totally forget it exists but when I remember it's there I fangirl out about it. Don't know if I'd exchange it for any follow mechanics though.

Years
Amie is, in my opinion, one of the best features to come to the main Pokemon series as of yet. I already adored the idea of having Pokemon follow you in HGSS (and Pikachu in Yellow). I also loved playing Nintendogs but disliked having to constantly play them (as not playing them for a while = starving and sad puppies); Amie combines Nintendog's concept of interacting with an animal (in this case, Pokemon) and playing with them but without requiring you to constantly feed or take care of them. (Even if their hunger level drops to 0, nothing's affected.) I like Berry Picker and Head It a lot, too <3 Not a huge fan of Tile Puzzle, as I find it hard to fit pieces when there's moving and changing pictures on them, pft. Anyway, I wouldn't want it to be replaced or removed in future Pokemon games, though there's definitely plenty of room for improvement!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Amie is adorable, I love seeing all of my Pokemon from a new perspective and being able to interact with some closely. It creates a connection that hasn't been plausible before with the games, and the mini-games are a fun way to pass the time! I have to agree though, the follow-me feature from Johto's remakes has to be one of my favorite features ever in Pokemon, and it's sad that they haven't continued to implement it. :[

Totally. I mean, Pokémon are meant to remain in your pocket, but it shouldn't hurt to have at least one following you, should it?

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I think Amie is literally my most favorite feature of all. I was absolutely stoked to hear we could play with our Pokemon for once... and that it actually has an effect on the Pokemon's battle ability is just incredible. Hearing about it, the feature reminded me a ton of how Pokemon are more personal in the anime series. How their bond with their trainer causes them to try harder, fight longer, hit harder, all of that good stuff.

To have them implement that idea within the game finally made everything that much more personal and amazing. My battles were made so much more epic with the chance to slap an enemy with an uncharted critical hit, survive an otherwise fatal hit.. and how they glance back at you for reassurance. I also love the feature of being able to pet your Pokemon right after they faint an enemy, as if to tell them 'good job'. <33

Now the only thing I could ask for out of this feature is for it to continue and be expanded on. I'm thinking something along the lines of evolving mid-battle like in the anime. >v>

Years
Totally. I mean, Pokémon are meant to remain in your pocket, but it shouldn't hurt to have at least one following you, should it?

Absolutely! And I mean, who didn't want to see their Pokemon minimized to be your general size? Ugh, now I want to go catch a Wailord on my SoulSilver and see what it looks like, ahaha. Such a shame that it's not going to make a comeback, that would have made my life, seriously. If I could talk to a Game Freak representative and try to convince them that the feature needs to return, I would in a heartbeat. :[

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Absolutely! And I mean, who didn't want to see their Pokemon minimized to be your general size? Ugh, now I want to go catch a Wailord on my SoulSilver and see what it looks like, ahaha. Such a shame that it's not going to make a comeback, that would have made my life, seriously. If I could talk to a Game Freak representative and try to convince them that the feature needs to return, I would in a heartbeat. :[

Awww don't give up yet, guys! There's still a future possibility of such a thing occurring again! While it did seem rather gimmicky in its HGSS presence, they may return the feature someday.

Though... That does seem awfully difficult considering our conversion to 3D.

It might be a bit unlikely now, but hey! They already created 3D models of all the current pokemon so who knows!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Creating moving over-world sprites for all current Pokémon would indeed hold up space, but I'm not sure if it'd take that many. I really, really loved this feature in HG/SS, and my most favorite Pokémon to have behind myself was Togepi; it looked extremely adorable to me. Personally, I think it would've made a lot more sense if certain 'mon were barred from this feature, such as ones that are too big like Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. In-anime, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to get inside any house, but in-game, though, they are, somehow, and that's actually pretty strange, if you think about it.

Years
I would love to see Pokemon following you again, especially in 3D <3 Even if they restricted which Pokemon species could follow you around (much like Amity Square in Sinnoh) or only allowed this feature in a specific area (again, like Amity Square), I'd likely take advantage of it. It'd also be really cute if you could feed/groom/pet the Pokemon in the overworld, too, but that I can't see happening with Amie around.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Once you interact with their sprites, maybe they could allow you to be taken into Amie directly? Background and whatnot would depend on what location you're in. With improved accessibility like this, I'm sure Pokémon-Amie would be a lot popular; nothing's going to be thrown away from it at all. I don't know about others, but personally, I'd love that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Once you interact with their sprites, maybe they could allow you to be taken into Amie directly? Background and whatnot would depend on what location you're in. With improved accessibility like this, I'm sure Pokémon-Amie would be a lot popular; nothing's going to be thrown away from it at all. I don't know about others, but personally, I'd love that.

Ummmmm best idea ever much? The combination of the two mechanics is probably the best application of both, in all honesty. And they could still do everything that the following mechanic offered, like the emoticons when the Pokemon was talked to, as well as adding new displays like affection, fullness, and enjoyment; with just an optional pop-up that leads to Amie. Love it. <3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hmm... yeah, making this optional would definitely be a better way to go about it, haha. If it were immediate, though, Amie would have been utilized a lot more, but that's all right--it's not such a huge deal. The feature is still available in some form, and that's all that should matter. If you like it, perfect! If not, then nobody would be pushing you to use it.

Years
Man, I can just imagine seeing mini 3D models of all Pokemon following the player around as you travel. Wish that was implemented in X and Y :[ Really like what Ashley mentioned too, that definitely would've boosted Amie's usage and relevance. Certainly if I were part of the graphics team and I was told that we'd have to create over 700 models of Pokemon for the follow-me feature, I wouldn't be too happy, but it would've been awesome as a player of the game haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back