• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    So then I propose this question: What do you make of the talk of wars between regions in X/Y and would that have anything to do with Hoenn?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well there definitely seems to be indication that this could be the case, we had Wallace talking about a "huge man who visited from the Kalos region." So if AZ travelled to the Hoenn Region and we had the swimmer who swam from Kalos to Hoenn, then the Regions must be relatively close to eachother. I can see the next games going in depth about the war in Kalos and the background of AZ, there just seems much more of a storyline behind all of it.

Plus we had this:
    Spoiler:

Years
    I just hope they keep the running gag of that one Team Flare grunt talking about how he "goes out in style". But I wasn't too bothered by the lack of Diantha presence, although quite a few would say otherwise. I recall one person said that the lack of presence for some characters might make them more elusive.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I'm sorry, but I knew right off the bat that Lysandre was the leader of Team Flare. "I want to build a beautiful world" is the exact thing a psycho criminal who wants to take over the world would say. Oh, and he has red hair and runs a team that's red/orange colored. Hmm...nope, couldn't possibly be him.

Years
    That reminds me that it also would have been nice to see some previous characters return in X/Y. Aside from Looker, we didn't really get any did we?

Nope, not even Cynthia. Although I hope people can stop getting disappointed with newer games because all the negative reception I've heard was stuff like "there's no challenge" or "characters are extremely boring".

Wicked3DS

Years
    That reminds me that it also would have been nice to see some previous characters return in X/Y. Aside from Looker, we didn't really get any did we?

Pikachu of course.

I can't think of any honestly. It would be cool to see someone from one of the previous games make a cameo. Actually I'd like to see someone from Johto since to my knowledge only Jasmine has been seen outside of her respective games, though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Years
    I actually like Looker and how he has been appearing a lot, too bad he didn't get much of a story at all in OR/AS.

Maybe his design has appeal because he's loosely based on one of the most iconic Doctors in Doctor Who, but yeah he never got much of a role in ORAS other than to give you Audino's Mega Stone.

Years
    *plays Looker's theme and springs into action*

His appearance in ORAS was rather weird. It was nice seeing him in the post-game of BW, but there were people who thought he would show up in B2W2 to aid in dealing with Team Plasma. But then if he did nothing productive like he did in that and a majority of Platinum, I don't want to think about how people who slammed (the story in) those games would react.

Years
    Well given that B2W2 and XY are reportedly on the same points in the series' timeline (then again why do we care about the timeline anymore?), that's likely so.

The sad truth is i've only done that whole Looker Bureau once, to my recollection.

Wicked3DS

Years
    Well given that B2W2 and XY are reportedly on the same points in the series' timeline (then again why do we care about the timeline anymore?), that's likely so.

Hey, don't hate on us nerds that love our time line theories :P

Anyway, Looker is really cool and I probably should do some of those missions myself :P

Years
    Hey, don't hate on us nerds that love our time line theories :P

Anyway, Looker is really cool and I probably should do some of those missions myself :P

Well I made that remark because some people say that the timeline isn't worth prophesying and I didn't know how many of them are regulars to this thread. :P

And those missions aren't boring to me, just time consuming.

Wicked3DS

Years
    I agree, moves look pretty awesome in Gen VI. It makes me curious to see how much they'd actually up the ante on the games graphically since they've done a really good job with them this time around.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well the New 3DS has the amiibo support, so it makes you wonder if this would be integrated into future mainstream games?

Years
    Amiibo support is actually an interesting idea, though I'm not quite sure how they would implement it into a future release. I could see it working in side games like Rumble and Mystery Dungeon, but making them compatible with the main games seems like it could be a challenge.

All I know is that if they did decide to release a line of Pokemon Amiibos (provided they made a decent number of them), they'd be rolling in more money than they'd know what to do with, haha.

Years
    Very possibly! We already have Brawl, and they work for the Wii U so we might get something cool for Amiibos, like we did the Pokéwalker.

Wicked3DS

Years
    It makes me wonder too. The 3DS definitely has limits on what it can do. Does anyone have any idea if the New 3DS would be more capable of things like better graphics/higher resolutions? Honestly I have no idea.

I know it has slightly better specs but I couldn't even begin to say what. I'd look it up but I wouldn't understand what any of it meant :P

As far as Amiibos go, I'm not sure that would happen because they are actual products, and the concept of buying Pokémon isn't really much of a thing. Yeah, there are promotional releases and things like that, but it'd still be a bit strange.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I hope to buy a new 3DS fairly soon, and finally experience 6th gen. The only question now is, XY or ORAS...

I have been playing through Black 2, and I came to the village bridge. There I experienced one of the coolest things in a pokemon game ever, and that is that you get to interact with the music, by talking with musical NPC's. I thought that was so, so cool :3

banjopop7_7

Unova’s superhero!
    Years
    I could see them doing some Amiibo for new Pokemon games. Maybe these Amiibo unlock a special quest and after that quest you get a Pokemon. Like a mini-quest where you have to find Maylene and battle her, and when you win you get a lucario with OT Maylene. They also could make some for the 20th anniversary

Years
    Hm. Well, I do have an unopened Xerneas/Yveltal 3DS that I got late last summer, so maybe I could trade that in for New 3DS credit? B)

I'm sure it'll have a main series Pokémon title in due time. I remember getting my first 3DS in late 2011, before Black 2 and White 2 were even announced.

Years
    I remember when the New 3DS just hit shelves and a 3DS XL would be I think $100 off on it, but I don't know if that's the case anymore. I went to GameStop today (and didn't bring said XL) but didn't read anything about deals that I could get off of them, but I didn't ask.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back