• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    MegaEvos made so much Pokemon powerful enough to overcome Legendaries easily, that's pretty neat, kinda it makes them unique as well. As for normal evolutions, I agree with you that some Pokemon deserve their own evolutions.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There are some Pokemon that would badly appreciate regular evos much more than mega evolutions, truth be told. At least with regular evos, they're permanent and most of the time they're pretty bearable enough, anyway.
    Which ones would that be? I really have a hard time finding some that would need a new evolution. At least if we're talking about Pokemon that don't already have a mega form.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    I miss this place <3 i was forced to go on a trip in the mountains and here I am, weak internet and only with my phone ;~;

anyway I think gamefreak should add maybe 1 or 2 mega evos and thats it. If they keep adding many new ones all Pokemon will eventually be overpowered.

they should add more normal evos in my opinion. It would be interesting to see a Primeape mega evo tho 8)

Years
    I always love when underrated stuff gets attention, such as gaining Megas. I feel like some of my fave Pokemon suddenly became relevant again thanks to said Megas.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've been replaying X for a while now and I came to the conclusion, that NPC opponents in this game are actually pretty decent as a lot of their mons have a really good movepool, especially towards the end of the game. It just makes me sad, how hard it is to realize that, just because of how easy it is to become overpowered allowing you to be able to blast through them, before they can even do a thing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I've managed to stay reasonably underleveled and underpowered throughout the whole game. Just recently I got to the League, although it sure was a struggle to get through Victory Road. If it was a Nuzlocke challenge I'd long since lost, that's how much my Pokemon kept fainting. {XD}

Although I've been holding off level grinding for almost the whole game, I'm kinda considering if I should get my team to at least lvl. 60. My strongest Pokemon levelwise is Mawile with level 59 (no mega obviously).

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    To be fair, ORAS has enough lazy moments as well, especially when it comes to aesthetics and level design. For example, while X and Y had the Kalos symbol for Pokemon obtained in Kalos, ORAS uses the same ugly Poke Ball sprite that's probably only meant for Pokemon transferred from older gens. Also a lot of caves and routes just look like they were compied from the original games, only with the graphics being updated. Then there's Flash which got it's old mechanic back and that it is (somewhat) neccessary in order to traverse Victory Road, as the inner part is really dark.

I'm also a fan of the mechanic in X and Y where they put trainers in front of a mirror and they were still able to spot you.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    In my opinion it would be better if they just put easy/normal/hard/very hard mode. That way nobody would complain about difficulty :p

Yeah I remember I was literally unstoppable in X. I mean, they do give you a free mega lucario, and boy that pokemon is op

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Hard Mode would be cool; that way I wouldn't have to come up with my own challenges just to make it artificially harder.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I don't think I've ever played a Pokémon game on SET. That would be an interesting challenge for sure.

Years
    I'd never play on Set mode. I tend to never break traditions when it comes to how I play the main Pokemon games, but I do see why some want to use it for extra challenge purposes.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm actually playing X on SET at the moment. It certainly makes things a little bit harder, since you now have to waste a turn in order to switch out, which is especially fun when your opponent sets up a Swords Dance for free. {XD}

Years
    I'm actually playing X on SET at the moment. It certainly makes things a little bit harder, since you now have to waste a turn in order to switch out, which is especially fun when your opponent sets up a Swords Dance for free. {XD}

Oh god you're reminding me of my friend Pendraflare, the unfortunate moment that caused him to terminate his first X Wedlocke. He was on Victory Road and was up against an Ace Trainer, managed to kill her Magcargo thanks to his Chesnaught having Earthquake but then when the Ace Trainer sent out her Scizor he had to switch to Chesnaught's partner, a Blastoise and that gave the Scizor a chance to set up with Swords Dance. His Blastoise does over half of the Scizor's HP with Dark Pulse but then gets wiped out by a critical hit X-Scissor. The Blastoise's death left him without a suitable answer to Wikstrom and Malva (the team was also heavily weak to Fairy which also didn't help either) and instead of wasting time training up another Pokemon, he just decided to quit the challenge there.

He did do another X Wedlocke last year, but this time he succeeded.

Years
    That was one of the first things I looked for in Alpha Sapphire, along with the ability to customize the bottom screen like you could in X/Y. Like Charlie Brown said, it's the little things that you miss, and sometimes those can add up to make a game great rather than just good.

Years
    Those rollerblades. I still have yet to figure out how I'm doing tricks on them, lol. I just don't "get" it apparently, because when I try nothing happens and when something happens it's always on accident. :P

But I do miss them when I switch from X to an earlier game. "Oh yeah, all I have is this boring bike, that's right..."

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Skateboarding would definitely be a nice change of pace. Bringing back the roller skates would be pretty cool as well, considering we only got them for one game so far.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've always played the Pokemon games in Set mode, I was always used to it. xD

Has anyone played Pokemon without showing the animated moves in battle? I find it extremely difficult. It was hard to get used to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back