• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I never played slots enough to win significant amounts. I usually just bought coins. Thanks Voltorb Flip for taking that away from me!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    It was a shame to see them remove the Game Corner, but it wasn't that much of a major blow for me considering I never really spent a great deal of time using them.

Yeah I feel the same way. On the one hand I was pretty sad because it's the Game Corner! Slots are fun! But upon reflection I didn't really use the Game Corner anyway so it hasn't really affected me that much. I used to play on the slots in GSC and RSE when I was younger though but even then, not enough to make me really miss the feature.

Limbo

Basically, I love glasses
    Years
    Hey there~ Noobie here, but if you don't mind I'm gonna jump right into the conversation. :3

Ah, Voltorb Flip? Out of all the mini games in the Pokemon franchise, I thought it was the most interesting. Which isn't really saying much because I didn't play the mini-games often. I didn't really find any enjoyment in the game corner games either.

Voltorb Flip was a little different though, because it required thought as well as luck. Haha, I remember getting really into it for a little while, and internally raging whenever I got blown up after getting all the way to Level 5 or 6, which was about as high as I ever made it.

I stopped after I realized I was spending waaay too much game time on it. It was the only mini-game in the Pokemon games that really got me invested, so I can appreciate it at least. <3

Years
    I will say that I was left wondering what the fate of the Mauville Game Corner in ORAS would be. I wasn't sure if it'd return or not, but I certainly didn't expect a man who was out of a job for "unknown reasons" D:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Voltorb Flip was so much fun! I really enjoyed it in the Game Corner. I would totally play that again once I get around.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I will say that I was left wondering what the fate of the Mauville Game Corner in ORAS would be. I wasn't sure if it'd return or not, but I certainly didn't expect a man who was out of a job for "unknown reasons" D:

I totally missed this guy somehow O_O

Years
    I hated gamecorner Porygons, because it took forever to get the coins or money to buy the coins ;~;

Also I complete the delta episode finally in my new copy of Omega Ruby that I got Friday. No life here

Years
    In only two days?? That's insane haha. I'm obsessed with Pokemon games but even then it usually takes me at least 1-2 weeks to get through the story. What starter did you pick? My poor baby Sceptile was so neglected. D:

I went with Torchic, named Chica, since I went with Treecko in my old copy.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't remember how quickly it took me to get through Omega Ruby, but I do remember that I didn't do the Delta Episode until weeks later. Idon't remember why other than just being lazy, I think.

Years
    When I first played through Omega Ruby, I went through the main storyline in five days (including the evening I got the game), and did the Elite Four + Champion on the fifth and the Delta Episode that night. For that matter, all my playthroughs of ORAS so far have had me going through the end of the game (the last badge, Victory Road, and the Pokémon League) extremely quickly, but that won't be the case for my current one...provided I make it to them, that is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Story-wise, it's Pokémon Ruby for me, which took approximately a month.

I've gone through most part of the game without much hassle, but when it came to getting across Victory Road, I found the task to be sort of tough. I was not able to get through this place for first couple of days, which caused me to stop playing for a while.

After I got back, I eventually was about to make my way to the other side, but wasn't exactly successful, as I had ran into a match against Wally unexpectedly and wound up losing. Since I didn't save prior to battling him, I had to repeat all my steps from beginning, taking me even more time.

Limbo

Years
    I only completed Omega Ruby recently. Took me about a month and a half. I usually take my time to complete the games because I like to.. savor them, for lack of a better word. they're so tasty

Longest it ever took me was three months, and I think that was Pokemon Ruby or Emerald, can't remember. But that was also because of life and things getting in the way. ;d

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Longest game? Gates to Infinity, because I still havent finished it xD Alright, for real though, probably HGSS, because I think that completing the other half of the region counts as "finishing the game" even though the credits already rolled. I don't remember how long it took exactly, but I remember not spending a whole lot of time on other games haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think my longest playthrough was Alpha Sapphire, I really took my time with that game. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I think it was longer than three weeks given that I took about a week hiatus.

Limbo

Years
    I have to say, if it hadn't been for life stuff, I could've zoomed through OR or AS in four days flat. The Gen VI games really are easy compared to the other gens, even Gen V with the serial Audino killings.

I sure hope for Gen VII they fix that a little bit. I get that they made it easy for little kids, but that could easily be solved with a difficulty setting so that everyone is happy. d; And I don't mean like in Gen V where you only got it through that Key system. That rendered it almost pointless imo.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I remember beating X in two days. OR on the other hand took quite a while, but that's probably because I really stretched that game to no end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back