• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Don't you need the Movie Regigigas to unlock the Regis in Platinum? If that were the case, it would make a lot of sense that Regigigas were fighting another Regi.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i thought it was vice versa... somehow...
    *has a blonde moment* ohhhhhhh! i get it, okay. that does make sense.

True Justice

Years
    Well it is vice-versa.
    In D/P: Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are required to obtain Regigigas in the Snow Point Temple.
    In Platinum: If you have the Movie Regigigas given away at the pre-order for the 11th movie, you are capable of catching the Regis within Sinnoh.

It's all very confusing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    *another blonde moment* that makes sense. are there any screenies of the torn world yet? are there wild pokemon there?
    *gasps* a revelation! what about shadow pokemon there? or would that be too much?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Νο thats overkill. But wild pokemon mabye. Im thinking the torn world to besomething cool. Also those lazy to search here it is translated:
    Pokesafari translate
    Also off topic go down and look at palkia in the pokmon ranch start screen. Its mr bean!

True Justice

Years
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Check the white box.

Could that be the entrance and exit of Torn World on the top of Mt. Coronet?
    It would explain how Giratina gets there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2008
    Ah, much better to organize into another sticky, the F.A.Q was getting a little out of hand. o_o"

` What do you think?

I believe the game will have some needed upgrades, such as the wireless connection underground. I do wonder two things the most... Volkner is said to no longer be the gym leader of Sunyshore, there are various scenarios that can come from this, so interested to see the outcome or any information released on that. Secondly, how Giratina's fits into the game and, more in-depth, the red chain. Will the Lake Trio still affect Giratina? Will the plot have a large change? I wonder about that. The storyline should take quite a rift, I believe.

Other notes, I'm also interested with Clade. on this edition of "Battle Frontier" (I have no clue what it's called for Platinum) of Pokémon Platinum.It was fun in emerald, and like to see what they do with it for this.

So overall, I think the game is getting some needed additions... And looking forward to playing it.

` What do you want to happen?

I want a revamp in contests. There's just no hype to it at all, and for some people they are quite easy. Maybe adding difficulty levels as you win them? I want to see hype where, say, your in the fourth town and you get a notification that a grand contest is coming up. Maybe a one time thing, such as the S.S. Anne was. I hope for Dialga and Palkia to be catchable at level 70. D/P just needs more side events, after you complete the elite four... It well... Gets rather boring, to be completely honest, once you complete the island and such, etc. I'd also like to see Volkner become Elite Four, get a revamped team, and fight him. It's one of the various possibilities floating about, and I'd be quite content with that. Though, Cynthia is fantastic, and I would never mind her being the champion. Just want Volkner to get some worthy challengers. :o

Bringing back a multiple attempt at the gyms is a needed upgrade as well, in my opinion. Along with the level rate... What I mean by that is an upgrade in levels of our opponents, as you've seen since Red, Blue, and Yellow... The level rate has decreased some, I still want a higher rate back. Or at least an option in the beginning, Hard or Normal. Making trainers stay in a town and train for once so they can actually keep up with the level rate is a good thing, in my opinion. Maybe it's just me with that. XD

The thing is... It's stats reach 680, which is uber. Oh well, it would fun I guess for the trainers who play the uber metagame. I kinda hoped the stats would take some random major hit with this form so we could bring try it in OU. XD Though, meh, keep the beast locked away.

see,
    i also agree with this guy about contests.
    i LOVE contests, contrary to what people have said about them.
    i found it very dissapointing to how easy it was to beat the contests in D/P.
    in fact, i think my game is glitched to SOME people's advantage, but NOT mine.
    none of the other pokemon perform for kara, or how ever you spell her name.
    so all i have to do is keep performing for kara, and i always win, and when some other judges voltage is going to hit max next turn i just do a perform first move and get max voltage.
    it is TOO easy.
    and why iis it called SUPER contests?
    mabye so you can be sure it is japanese.
    they like adding super to everything.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    wow, more information from serebii that -

-shaymin will automatically convert to sky forme when sent over to platinum and will stay land forme on diamond& pearl.
    - The torn world, positioned above the spear pillar, really utilises the 3D engine of the game and has the land in a 3D view.
    - There are various other new areas positioned in Sinnoh for you to explore.

I can't wait how the 3D view in the torn world will look like, should be interesting and I wonder what are the new areas that have been added in Platinum for us to explore. =P

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Also thnk pokebeach for meh quality but huge pics.

Its safe to say that the game is imba.
    Also the link with true translation.
    Poke beach.

i noticed something. Look at the 2 pics to the right and left of regirock. They look like temples. Could This be temples of regice, rock and steel?

edit: the patterns on the faces of the regi's match the temples floor. :O

just take a look at regice's face and then the floor of the "bl;ue" temple. Matches regices face. Same with steel, only on the other temple floor.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Alright here it is. The full page after all that we saw. Look at it and behold the fact that eterna is updated, we walk sideways and we can go to a huge castle.
    I dont know jap but hey whoever does please translate.
    Thank god pokemon safari can translate. That explains the winter clothes:

INFO
    The change in the costumes of the characters is because it is beginning to make colder than usual in the region. That justifies the winter clothes for people.

The scientist (pink hair and face something "suspicious") and Mr gabardina seems to be that investigated the causes of climate change.It is not known which side will play in each character, in the good or the bad.

The Battle Tower will remain within the Battle Castle.

The camera will change the game with respect to the outside world.

As imagined, in the Pokémon Platinum Shaymin will form the Celestial, while in Pokeman Diamond and Pearl will have its Form Ground. This will mean that Shaymin learn some movements in various Platinum regard to learning in Diamond and Pearl.

SCREENS:

Also shaymin sprite:

Shaymin its self

Im the new mario and this is the new galaxy!

The good thing. Its snowy so thats also another wintery point

Im an imba boxart short and spout

And the new outifts that are wintery to go with the wintery story

THE WHOLE PAGE WTIH EVERYTHING INFOY. NO REGI NEWS ON IT SO BACK AWAY!
    Also we cant forget the whole page its on
    Spoiler:

SPOILER BREAKS PAGE. BE PREPARED!

Phew im happy thats over. Any comments?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back