• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    You know...a lot of people have mentioned Turnback Cave likely being empty, but what if that is where you get your fight with Cynthia, presuming that Volkner actually takes over as Champion ALA Emerald?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Haha that cant fool me. They used empoleon to create the arms. Pikachu for the top things in he back and the body Idont know but hey the bottom is a human shaped thing. Either that or nintendo gone gay after all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    yeah, thats the first thing i thought when i saw it was that it looked like it was based off empoleon. most likely fake. (i hope)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Are Platinum and PBR compatible with eachother? Same with Platiunum and My Pokemon Ranch? It would be really dumb if they weren't.

I personally can't see why they wouldn't be, since Colosseum came out before Emerald, and both Emerald and Colosseum are capable of connecting to each other. I don't think FireRed and LeafGreen could connect with Colosseum, though.. but the general thought, both should be functional with Platinum, when released.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well, this game sure has a lot to stand up to considering it is going to be an advanced remake of DP.
    -Some of the things I would like to see changed-
    - I think the contest was a little to boring, but i did enjoy the dancing part. I think that they should make the contest the same way it is in the anime. First, you would perform. Afterwards, you would battle it out with other coordinators for the ribbon.
    - I also think more routes should be added. I don't know why.
    - I would like to see at least some Cresselia and Darkrai action since Darkrai induces Nightmares and Cressalia heals and they are supposed to be each others enemies.
    - Clothing changes or customizable characters. Everyone gets tired of looking like everyone else.
    - More towns.​

-Some things I will hope to enjoy-
    - The whole Giratina storyline. I hope they find some way to fit Dialga, Palkia, and the Uxie, Azelf, and Mespriit chain somewhere in that storyline.
    - The new "Battle Frontier" thing.
    - The graphics
    - The replacement gym leader for Volkner. Kinda like the whole Wallace and I forgot his name from Emerald. Gasp! Maybe he replaced Elite 4 Champ Cynthia.​

I guess that is about it. I hope this game has more hype than Brawl did. I really look forward to it.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I personally can't see why they wouldn't be, since Colosseum came out before Emerald, and both Emerald and Colosseum are capable of connecting to each other. I don't think FireRed and LeafGreen could connect with Colosseum, though.. but the general thought, both should be functional with Platinum, when released.
    You could connect FR and LG to colosseum. With the right Trainer 'sprites' too. So I dont see why Platinum wouldn't be able to.
    But I hope there are some more differences compared with the Emerald 'update'.

Glaceon_

Years
    You could, huh? Never knew that, but on top of that, I never tried it, either.. ^^; Some places I saw saying only Ruby and Sapphire could connect to Colosseum, while others said you could connect Ruby, Sapphire AND Emerald; but the latter only if you have the National Dex and had beaten the elite Four. Both of which I ended up proving wrong.. XD;

I'll leave it at that, though; not wanting to derail the thread from its true purpose. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Well, this game sure has a lot to stand up to considering it is going to be an advanced remake of DP.
    -Some of the things I would like to see changed-
    - I think the contest was a little to boring, but i did enjoy the dancing part. I think that they should make the contest the same way it is in the anime. First, you would perform. Afterwards, you would battle it out with other coordinators for the ribbon.
    - I also think more routes should be added. I don't know why.
    - I would like to see at least some Cresselia and Darkrai action since Darkrai induces Nightmares and Cressalia heals and they are supposed to be each others enemies.
    - Clothing changes or customizable characters. Everyone gets tired of looking like everyone else.
    - More towns.​

i agree with you in every way. i think there should be some way for certain moves to be compatible with each other in contests. the one i can think of is Piplup's Sweet Kiss and Bubble combo. customizable characters would be a very welcome change to either male and female sprites IMO. and Cresselia and Darkrai, in my opinion, werent very important in D/P, so more action with those two would be much appreciated. Good Thoughts!!!

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Do you know what you just did?! You showed the whole board the greatest things. Looks like all 3 regis will be in, the poketech is updated and thats shaymin. Also the new costumes are imba! Also who are the two guys in the first pic.

Glaceon_

Years
    The new outfits look great. ♥

You are sooo right on that one.. they just look awesome. ♥ Though you can't fully see it, I'm really liking Dawn's. We can see most of it, anyway. XD

It also confirms catchable Regis and Shaymin's new ugly form.

..but I think it looks pretty cute.. D:
    The Regis I wasn't really bothered about, but I suppose it makes it easier getting Regigigas.. XD

@ darkcookie: Read the edit; one of them is believed to be the apparent new Gym Leader. (if you haven't read that, already)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    OHO cool. Also nintendo definetly is back from boredom land. Bring on gen 5. Its goin to be worth it. Also hmm is that a new proffesor. And also gym leader nah. I say the dude from battle island. And this is goin to feel like a whole new game in my opinion.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Also, in the fourth scan, doesn't it look like they're fighting the three Regi simultaneously?

Just throwing some random observations for the sake of conversation. :B

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Νο αcually those are just leaves. I cant wait to play AND did I mention its liek a whole new game. Sorry for repeating everything its just that im too god damn excited to not post.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Eh, nice one, Deviruchi. You're saying that all three Regi's will be catchable in Platinum? I hate the Shaymin forme, it looks nothing like Shaymin. I mean, they could have at least made it a porcupine/hedgehog instead of a horse. ><;
    The outfits look nice, though. :D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Υep but the worst part is that europe aint getting squat for at least next summer. But thnk jesus I have imported games sold in any shop. SO yay! Anyweh im goin to blu sky and translating. If theres any info should I post?

devilicious

dream
    Years
    You're saying that all three Regi's will be catchable in Platinum?

The scans are too small for me to say for sure, so I'm going by what blue skY said. But the caves shown there do have Regice's and Registeel's braile patterns, and considering the fact Regigigas seems to have a greater impact on Platinum, I don't see why not.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Also no one saw that on blue sky a now errored page had the pic for the box art. Frick. But it can be seen if squinting eyes are used and the page hints that the orange thing might be a castle building in the new frontier.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back