• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Poké Marts in the Pokémon Centers

blue

gucci
Years
  • I suppose it saves time if your in the Pokémon Center I mean I'm in there most times and if I need to stock up on supplies I'll get something but I sometimes leave and look for the Mart forgetting it's part of the Pokémon Center.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I thought it was convenient and sensual. Why wouldn't a PokéHospital also home Pokémon related supplies?

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    How did you feel about the change?
    At first I was kind of sceptical about it, and in fact I'm still unsure. Sure, it made it more convenient, but walking a couple of steps down the street isn't exactly time consuming. It also kinda ruined the atmosphere. It makes everywhere feel like a developed city, when having a Centre but not a Mart, a Mart but not a centre, or neither, would have a much better effect of making a town feel rural and small (and it would have been nice to see a couple of shops like the ones in Mahogany or Celestic Town).

Would you rather they kept this in future games, such as the third game?
    Yes, but only in places where it would make sense to have a large building that provides multiple services e.g. Castelia City not Iccirus City.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • In the beginning it was a little odd to see the Pokémart INSIDE the Poké center, but now that I'm used to it I think it's actually a good idea.
    Well, I miss a bit the atmosphere of the Pokémart in former games, with displays, etc, but at the same time now it's more practical.

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
    Years
  • I pefer this better, it makes more sense for the pokemart to be in the pokecentre because they would get alot more businiess and it's a hell of alot more convient. But I must say I didn't mind them being separate either.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yes i like the concept, its practical, they shouldve of fixed it in gold/silver. But.......... BUT i think it was styled poorly. I didnot like the layout. I would request Pokécenter on floor 1, Pokémart on floor 2 and wirless communication in basement. I also hate how its all one room. I like keeping fit running up and down the escalators! Yeah, fan of the concept not the exacution. One thing i did like though (very minor, as minor as you can get) was the the way nurse joy put the Pokémon on the pokéhealer pad thingy. It was nice having a hexagon instead of the boring old rectangle

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2022
    I have a question: How is it possible that the Pokecenter, a building that doesn't get money from the other trainers, buy the PokéMart???????

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a question: How is it possible that the Pokecenter, a building that doesn't get money from the other trainers, buy the PokéMart???????

Based on how similar the buildings look, I always assumed they were run by the same corporation. The marts get money and give it to the centers so they can continue helping trainers. The trainers help the marts by giving them their business, the marts help the trainers with the free care. So a merger would just save them costs cause they would use less materials to build the buildings. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Based on how similar the buildings look, I always assumed they were run by the same corporation. The marts get money and give it to the centers so they can continue helping trainers. The trainers help the marts by giving them their business, the marts help the trainers with the free care. So a merger would just save them costs cause they would use less materials to build the buildings. :3
    Either that or there is some form of the NHS in Pokémon. These trainers don't look like they have to pay tax though. xD; Though I don't think ten year olds have to pay tax anyway. Just contradicted myself I suppose that's where the mother comes in.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I started reading this entire thread but I din't make it past the first page so sorry if I missed something.

Anyway, I LOVE it, I always found it stupid that there were always Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts yet no hospitals or supermarkets for humans. Somehow, despite the fact there are still tons of Pokecenters and no hospitals, I don't care anymore because the atmosphere inside a pokecenter is perfect.

Yes i like the concept, its practical, they shouldve of fixed it in gold/silver. But.......... BUT i think it was styled poorly. I didnot like the layout. I would request Pokécenter on floor 1, Pokémart on floor 2 and wirless communication in basement. I also hate how its all one room. I like keeping fit running up and down the escalators! Yeah, fan of the concept not the exacution. One thing i did like though (very minor, as minor as you can get) was the the way nurse joy put the Pokémon on the pokéhealer pad thingy. It was nice having a hexagon instead of the boring old rectangle
    I just have to disagree there, that is why I hate P/D/Pt so much (Heonn was an awesome enough region to compensate for the poorly designed pokecenters). Elevators are the enemies of humanity in my eyes. It was so annoying in those games how when you wanted to mass-trade pokemon you had to trade off six...then run down an elevator with the slowest animation ever...withdraw your six more pokemon...go up the elevator with the slow animation again...

You are so smart! I never would have thought of that.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I hate to break it to you, but there are computers upstairs as well! XD

Cid

Years
  • I'm surprised I haven't replied to this thread yet. Or have I? ._.

Anyway, I loved the idea. I think someone mentioned that it made in-game Pokémon Centers feel more like their anime counterparts, and I agree with that. It's an awesome idea-- concept-wise and gameplay-wise, because we're all too lazy to go from building to building.

I'm disappointed that the marts went away right when they introduced those cool swirling signposts (I'm not sure if that's what you call them) that some known convenience stores in real life have. I loved looking at it swirling around at night in HGSS. :D
    Too bad they're gone. :(

...unless my memory failed me and they are actually present in Generation V. Are they?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Of course I approve of it!! I honestly think that it was the best change in Generation V out of all the things they've done. It's always so inconvenient now when I'm playing older games that I have to go to a different building.

I hope they keep this in generations to come, because it saves a lot of time and is a lot more convenient.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I love Toujours' theory, BUT a more "negative" theory is that with the Pokemon Centres, people don't really use the PokeMart's anymore, except @ Elite Four, so due to running out of funds to support itself, the two merged, making the Pokemon Centre the primary organisation and the PokeMart a secondary one. It's certainly true for me in Unova, considering how I haven't used the PokeMart part of the Pokemon Centre at all except in the first two cities and at the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Maybe nobody bought anybody and this is video game wherein things change because they want them to. And if they do remake an old game, and keep the two buildings combined that just shows that it's a change without a reason because it doesn't need a reason.

Or they've always been combined in Unova and that's the end of it because it's far away from other regions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I thought it was a bit too convenient at the time when I was playing Black. But I didn't complain because it saved me a bit of time to walk into the Pokemart and Pokecenter every time I went to a new town.

Every hospital needs a built in pharmacy. The pharmacy doesn't have to be a department store, though. If they develop further games with Unova or future regions, I hope they leave the medicine part of the shop inside the Pokecenter and take all the pokeballs/escape ropes/etc out into a smaller shop or even an outside stall.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • At first i forgot that the Mart's were in the PC's, so i searched all around Nimbasa City for one but i didn't find anything. But then i remember and now i got used to it that in the other games i always enter the PC to buy Max Repels n'all. xD But i think it's great how there together now, it saves you time too. lol. :P

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I think it was a very welcome change. Now I don't have to exit the Pokémon Center just to buy something from the Pokémart. Hopefully they continue it in future games (which I'm sure they will).

Back