• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Academy Life: Forever!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Latest Release: Version 2.28b.2024

SJLx6fc.png

Windows | Mac

MJPmCqQ.jpg

Pokémon Academy Life is a non-profit, fan-made Ren'Py visual novel that takes you into an alternate Pokémon world that doesn't send 10-year-olds off to fend for themselves. Here, characters from the core series games are put together in a more realistic university setting. Rather than the player character leave on a solo journey at a young age, he attends university and learns about the Pokémon world from there.

Begin your journey to the Kobukan (koh-BU-kahn) region—and spend your time training, befriending, learning, and dating your way through the large cast of characters and expansive storyline. Learn to manage your time between your studies and your extracurriculars as you take on the biggest task any Pokémon protagonist has ever faced—figuring out how to pay for higher education.

CONTEXT?
This game may sound similar to you. That's because this is a remake of the original Pokémon Academy Life, whose thread can be seen here. After having been overscoped into burnout and an early grave, the previous team released their assets to the public, and I have taken up the project. I'd like to make clear I have absolutely no connection to the previous development team, besides their blessing.

CHANGES?

(This will mostly only make sense if you played the previous version of the game. For the full feature list, I encourage you to look at the previous thread.)
  • All major character art assets have been updated.
  • The starter pool has been expanded from Charmander to 52 other Pokémon.
  • In accordance with the previous teams' wishes, the character of Red has been rewritten to be less of an ignorant country bumpkin.
  • In accordance with the previous teams' wishes, you are no longer locked into a single roommate; you share a dorm with Hilbert, Ethan, Brendan, and Calem.
  • You are no longer locked into two electives; you can pick from any elective you want, at any time.
  • Various setting changes. It's a university, not a high school, for one.

SCREENSHOTS?
Spoiler:

Credits?
Spoiler:

COMMUNITY?
Discord Link
Twitter Link
YouTube Link

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
The Future is looking bright! I've never wanted this game to die so if someone else is picking it up then I'm all for this! Shout out to the the OG Team for giving this new developer their blessings. They have mine as well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
LET'S GOOOOO WE'RE HERE FOR IT. WE SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
When you pick your first pokemon from professor oak, what does potential mean in this game? Also, I'm a bit let down that I cant get the option to pick Bulbasaur even if it goes against canon somewhat (Red's star is Charizard after all and Leaf's is Venusaur) as since Pikachu is the default you begin with I had hoped to recreate my old Red team of Venusaur, Raichu, Primeape, Pidgeot, Golduck, and Arcanine (or at least recreate it as close as I could in this game).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
well wished exp was in it or some sort of leveling system ev could be done by vitamins and training.i think there should be jobs you can do to get money at the academy an inventory being maybe able to romance people but also being able to change your partys order before fights and also being able to change outfits have different styles and also incresing how fast things progress like for rp (relationship points) and cp( class points)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
OMG AMAZING MAN! I loved the original so much and I'm excited to see how you do with this project! Im hoping it goes well and don't stress yourself out of course ;) wish you all the best!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
well wished exp was in it or some sort of leveling system ev could be done by vitamins and training.i think there should be jobs you can do to get money at the academy an inventory being maybe able to romance people but also being able to change your partys order before fights and also being able to change outfits have different styles and also incresing how fast things progress like for rp (relationship points) and cp( class points)

Yeah natures in this game are also a touch problematic, since for one you wont be able to see Pikachu's until you get to the battle club exhibition, so unlss you are able to straight up change natures somehow (because mints only influence the stat changes of natures and not the actual nature itself) then literally any pokemon you get is gonna potentially be underpowered or hindered in some way.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Pretty amazing to see this continued, I wish you luck, and it's good to see that your already coming out swinging with some pretty big updates.

I'll have to check out the Discord briefly, but I'll likely wait to replay this until more of the story is written, but it's good to see that some changes like University and a more consistent and knowledgeable character have already been addressed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Thank god that someone picked this up! I was so sad when I had heard that it had been discontinued, now I am super hyped!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
true i loved this recreation more keep working on it will you make it where a 4 years or longer in game and i always hated answering the quizs constantly if you make it stat based for Red would be better or could do both it you dont have the stat requirement you just have to answer the quiz in game there should also be a way to get like grass starters in grass class, fire starters in fire class and water starters in water class but the mc can only choose 1 it should be if you are doing well in that class

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Hey-o, all! The first Character Poll is ready for your voting pleasure. There's a rough-and-tumble summary at the end, after you vote, but I'll break down the voting results more publicly later. Remember, this is not a vote for who you want to "date" or "befriend," just who you want to see more scenes of. Also, progress update: The game's Thursday and Friday have been written. Which is why I need the results from this poll before I can begin the weekend!

Vote here to influence the future of the game!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 10, 2023
think it would be cool to do this game in big updates and also maybe do something different with iv and evs like maybe combined them and change stats so that you level up the stats themselves no pokemon fangame done it so it is worth a try andit would be nice to have some sort of storage if you get more pokemon in game and can you make ethans pokemon like lets say you got a male espur ethans would be female same with ralts or other pokemon so that people dont get confused but it would also be nice to have clothes fore pokemon and being able to hold more than 1 item

Back