• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Academy Life: Forever!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Honestly, just finished my first playthrough. Some of the best fun I've had in a while!

Years
    • Seen today
    Can't wait for next update hope it's soon I really want to see what romance paths will be available

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    I like Red being less ignorant (though I rather play as some OC) and the bigger starter pool, but not really a fan of all the other changes.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The next update for Pokémon Academy Life: Forever! is out! This update brings you multi battles, texting, and free roaming activities! The first route scenes with Leaf, Dawn, Hilda, Sabrina, and Serena are now here, too!

Here are a few screenshots of new things to do!~

Spoiler:

As a reminder, the best place to ask questions and provide feedback is the discord! I'm always there, but check this thread pretty rarely. (Sorry! I'm only one person, and I'm trying to get updates out quickly.)

Years
    • She/her
    • A
    • Seen Apr 6, 2023
    141 / 5.000
    Risultati della traduzione
    Risultato di traduzione
    why does my pokemon gain experience but not level up? Am I the only one having this problem? there is something i am not doing

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    The concept of this game is great, but the gameplay gets a bit boring. I understand its a visual novel but still, imagining this game but in a traditional Pokémon style just with the same story and stuff, it would be amazing. Allow people to make their own character, go to the academy, pick a starter and choose classes to focus on. Explore the campus and the area around and catch and battle Pokémon. form bonds with other students and participate in club activities and tournaments. Have like a mini league for graduation, stuff like that. If permission is given for someone to make something like this then I ask that someone please do this.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The new bugfix update is out. This fixes a bunch of bugs, most notably:

- Most instances of transitions not completing because of skip mode should be removed.
    - Texting Nate and May is now possible.
    - Sabrina will not lock you into constantly replaying her level 2 scene over and over.
    - Sandstorm and Rollout work properly in battles now.
    - ...And just, like, a ton of typos and other smaller bugs.

You know where to look for the bugfix updates, of course. I will make clear this bugfix actually changes how a few systems work behind-the-scenes, so it's possibly this update will contain entirely new bugs. If it does, you know where to report them! (The discord.)

Also, I've begun the search for a CG artist. I'll be trolling (as in the fishing term) all the standard websites and forums, but it would be excellent if we were able to draw our talent from a fan, or a friend of a fan. Therefore, within the discord, I've opened a new channel, artist-search, to help in the search for this artist. I'll take recommendations there, either for friends of yours, or yourself, or even just an artist you happen to be a fan of. Please do your best to ensure any artists you recommend are available and capable of working within the art style of this game. CGs don't need to be an exact carbon copy of Jeremy's style, but they shouldn't be obnoxiously different. A link to a portfolio means 100x more to me than five paragraphs explaining why X person is the best option for the job.

This will be a paid position.

That means I expect quality, reliability, and a certain level of expediency. Think carefully about suggesting yourself for the role!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hey-o, all! Week 2 up to Friday has been written, which means the second Character Poll is ready for your voting pleasure! There's a rough-and-tumble summary at the end, after you vote, but I'll break down the voting results more publicly in the discord later. Remember, this is not a vote for who you want to "date" or "befriend," just who you want to see more scenes of. As an aside, the five winners of the last poll have been entirely removed from the options. What occurred to me was, even if they did win after getting past their significant penalties, their next scenes wouldn't be unlockable until quite a bit further into the game. And I want everyone to be able to see what I write for each release, if that makes sense.

Vote here to influence the future of the game!

EDIT: Oops, nearly forgot to mention--an artist has been found! Look forward to seeing their work in the upcoming release!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Update 5.3.2023 is out!

Here's a list of some new features you can expect to see in this release. Not all of them are available immediately at the start of Week 2.

- The game has been written out to the end of Week 2, on April 18th.
    - 20 new Pokémon can be caught and trained.
    - The effective level cap has been raised to 13.
    - You can study during lunches, boosting your type proficiency slightly.
    - You can ask Professor Cherry to tutor you during lunch, boosting your type proficiency by a whole point.
    - You can study during your free time, boosting your type proficiency a bit.
    - You can go to the fields, where 19 of the new catchable Pokémon are located.
    - You can visit the City, where you can use a PC Box, and buy Poké Balls.
    - Reaching Level 10 in an elective will unlock a battle and a new, special, move.
    - The first Route Scenes with Rosa, May, Nessa, Silver, and Skyla have been written.
    - The Battle System now has seeded randomness and rollback disabled. Sorry.
    - Added a battle tester system to the main menu.
    - Many, many, bugfixes.
    - Added one new character.

And here are some screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Just wanted to add some feedback about the whole leveling system. I believe it's a natural instinct to try and make a diverse team in a pokemon game, unless you are monotyping or intentionally doing some weird stuff, and im fine with current system not allowing it, so i wish the game simply warned you about how whole Potency and leveling works here and REALLY adviced you to focus on only 1-2 types. A lot of people will likely go and visit various classes to see various teachers and get around and who is where which is a complete waste and as of now you clearly only should focus on 1-2 types to be able to keep up with levels as the game doesnt have enough ways to keep up with varied team.

Overall i think writing went up for sure compared to previous creators, however one thing i personally absolutely despise is a forced Pikachu. Personally i hate Pikachu with all my heart and this forced friendship and guilt tripping about "oh of course i wont put you in a PC" (if it will even be allowed with him) goes against choosing your team and your pokemon and this is probably the only thing that i consider absolutely atrocious and terrible here.

Otherwise fantastic job, so glad you guys picked it up, cant wait for future releases.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    How will natures and IVs be addressed in this? I know the game is still very early in development but thats a major thing I gotta ask about.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I got a big problem, the game crashes on day 12 of April during the battle with Rosa at the academy gym.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    This might be a stupid question but how do I level up my pokemon, I have played quite a ways through the second week and I've gained a lot of exp but my pokemon is still level 5

Back