• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
  • Indeed, doesn't matter too much if we've deviated a little from exactly how it was done in DP anyway, we've gone for blue surfing routes (the route over water to the right is a bridge - no surfy).

I liked Skume myself, but the new guys are even better (and cuter) ;)

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    nice job on the map fangking, its looking really good. nice town names as well. :D
    keep it up.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Ay ay ay Fang! XD

How ya doing? -- you and all your Acanthite greatness! XD

Yeah, I saw your new artwork for the game, and I have to say that its extremely impressive. Your fakemon look like real pokemon, and they're drawn like real pokemon. Props man, your doing great. All I have to say is I can't wait for more updates and news, not to mention artwork.

Lata man. XD
    And great job Acanthite team, your doing amazing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Wow Fang! The new map is looking so... fangalicious! :P

@Wichu: I know, I made quite a lot of mistakes in the tutorial. And there's so much white space, it's annoying. I'm going to be remaking it to be better and more detailed soon.

I like the way you kept the blue routes. I think it would look a bit too confusing with all orange ones.

And just for the fun, here's the old Merto map I revamped from FR/LG to DP.

merto3bg9.png

I don't think it was actually fully complete anyway. This one looks way better.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    Personally, I don't like the blue routes. Just make them the orange but slightly transparent.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It's supposed to show that it's an ocean route. Orange means land, why would you make it orange for an ocean route?

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    It's supposed to show that it's an ocean route. Orange means land, why would you make it orange for an ocean route?

ever played diamond/pearl. if not i suggest you do and look at the town map. they have it orange yet at about 80-85% opacity so that it is see-through. I'd know they are sea-routes, if they are going over water, even if they are orange.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Man I cannot wait to play this game :D.

Sorry if its been asked already but what's the starting town?
    I guess Newbloom Bay since its No.1 on the map.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Some of the new pokemon are really great. =D I sometimes wonder how you guys can come up with so many creatures that still look original. ^^"

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
  • I can say I love every single one of the new designs, and not just because I am a part of this project. Astounding work, but Moomoo and Dracanopy catch my eye for some reason more than the rest. Superb work by all the time. These new Pokemon just shows how refreshing Acanthite will be to play.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • just to mention some of those look fantastic. as for the names, well thought through. as for porygon 0.5, d/p has done a bit of harm, since a pkmn cant evolve more than 3 times, like i had the name Toxicroak for mine (i am not gonna complain) Geminine, has !Error! page.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Wow I had no idea you had a top artist like PK working for you.
    She has totally raised your list of pokemon from mediocre to above average (for the most part)

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Wow I had no idea you had a top artist like PK working for you.
    She has totally raised your list of pokemon from mediocre to above average (for the most part)

Um, I assume that's a compliment... XD
    You need to take KangasKid and Nelson's latest designs into account because it's their stuff that she's been working with but she's doing a superb job as one would expect. As are the others. The credit lies firmly with the design team as a unit.

Obviously feel free to point out where you think the mediocrity lies, your underhand criticism is too vague - but we're not finished quite yet and we generally know what we're fixing up. We kicked off the redesign fully aware that some designs were quite weak (and old art in some cases doesn't help) but there's still some way to go. This is just the final list of Pokémon species to expect whether the designs are finished or not. At least we're pushing for TOP quality eh?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back