• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i just noticed this now, but in your sig, the dark side pokemon looks kind of like a mecha neopet ... or is that just the way its drawn in your sig?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • It' a design that's now outdated. The old Diavil... looks borrowed from Generic Monster Dungeon 2 or something. A fair bit of old promo material is defunct now.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    The new and re-done ones look great, FO.
    Just a question, can u estimate when u think u'll release it?

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
    Years
  • Wow! that is a large list with a lot of pokemons!! and all are sooo good!
    I'll never be able to draw like this or to have those pokemons creators's imagination XD
    I wish i could draw like that O_o
    oh well...
    T-T

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    The plural of pokemon is, in fact, pokemon. -_-"

Nice work FK, and congrats to the team, good job.

StrawyBlood

*Learning english*
    Years
  • The plural of pokemon is, in fact, pokemon. -_-"

Nice work FK, and congrats to the team, good job.

Well, everybody can make a mistake xD (I always though it was with s...)
    cause the most of the nouns in plural uses an "s" so i thought that pokemon was pokemons :P
    -----
    And i want to ask if there is a demo of the game or something like that cause i want to play with those awesome pokemon O_o

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Well, everybody can make a mistake xD (I always though it was with s...)
    cause the most of the nouns in plural uses an "s" so i thought that pokemon was pokemons :P
    -----
    And i want to ask if there is a demo of the game or something like that cause i want to play with those awesome pokemon O_o

There is a very very early beta that should have never been released.

I wouldn't attempt to find it, as the starters have changed since then, and the demo has way to many glitches.

( You can catch the trainers Pokemon, for instance )

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Yeah, the old demo was horrible. Should never have released it in that state, but as a developer there is pressure to get something playable out there. But I've learned from that, and for now I won't release anything until I'm happy.

Anyway, a bit of news on the design front!

New No. 564 TENTACRUZE - Jellyfish Pokémon -
    water.gif
    /
    poison.gif
    - Designer: N
    New No. 565 SEAZAR - Deep Sea Pokémon -
    water.gif
    New No. 566 DIVINEON - Luminous Pokémon -
    water.gif
    /
    light.gif

These three have replaced Apusel, Glocean and Ablyss, as I feel their replacements better serve a purpose in the Pokédex and have much stronger designs.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • New No. 564 TENTACRUZE - Jellyfish Pokémon -
    water.gif
    /
    poison.gif
    water.gif
    water.gif
    /
    light.gif

These three have replaced Apusel, Glocean and Ablyss, as I feel their replacements better serve a purpose in the Pokédex and have much stronger designs.
    Hmm... wonderful! They have very nice design in them... the first is a nice one, which I miss, because the "Tenta" family was getting a little old. The second one was very nice, good detail and design. The last one... awesome as well, but I didn't really think Finneon and Lumineon needed an evolution.

Well, good luck, Fangking, keep up the good work!

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Well, almost every time I come to see this Thread I see people ask for a beta. Everytime someone replies that there was a beta, which should have never been released. So I wonder: Why DO you always talk about it, if it´s not even worth to be called alpha? (Don´t want to be offensive or so^^)

Other thing:
    ... I can´t help, but wasn´t Tentacruze in all the time? Or have I seen it somewhere else...?? (I know I have seen it somewhere...)

Anyway, good luck guys,
    Bombah!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Yeah, the old demo was horrible. Should never have released it in that state, but as a developer there is pressure to get something playable out there. But I've learned from that, and for now I won't release anything until I'm happy.

Anyway, a bit of news on the design front!

New No. 564 TENTACRUZE - Jellyfish Pokémon -
    water.gif
    /
    poison.gif
    water.gif
    water.gif
    /
    light.gif

All three of these Fakemon look extremely amazing. I've been following this game for a while and I can't wait until it's released.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Well, almost every time I come to see this Thread I see people ask for a beta. Everytime someone replies that there was a beta, which should have never been released. So I wonder: Why DO you always talk about it, if it´s not even worth to be called alpha? (Don´t want to be offensive or so^^)

Other thing:
    ... I can´t help, but wasn´t Tentacruze in all the time? Or have I seen it somewhere else...?? (I know I have seen it somewhere...)

Anyway, good luck guys,
    Bombah!

People want betas I guess. Some people only know how to ask that question ;) But people should be smart enough to know that if it's not on the first post, it ain't available. One day, one day...

If you've ever followed Plateface's DeviantArt account (plateman), that's where you've seen these three Pokémon before. He recently suggested that they go into Acanthite and as they're among his best work, it'd be foolish for us to refuse.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    Very nice indeed. I am loving the art.
    Just a question, which may have already been asked. Who will be spriting all of these pokemon? I am not volunteering because I cannot sprite for nuts. :D

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
  • My favorites of the new Pokemon: Knuckout, Crushear, Goliacles, Gildereign, and Dracanopy

And Pharuff looks amazing. I didn't much like the old version... VERY well done!

Honestly, they're all stunning. Flooring. I look forward to playing Acanthite more than any 'real' Pokemon game.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Those three new Pokemon look fantastic. =) Although I'm not such a big fan of the Tenta-family, I still think Tentacruze looks quite good.
    Looking at the design of Seazar's tail make me wonder if he has anything to do with Goldeen and Seaking?=o

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Very nice indeed. I am loving the art.
    Just a question, which may have already been asked. Who will be spriting all of these pokemon? I am not volunteering because I cannot sprite for nuts. :D

KangasKid will be tackling this weighty task and he's made very good progress. We consciously only chose one spriter for the job, as several spriters would have resulted, most likely, in a style inconsistency. Which we don't want. So he's volunteered to do it himself. I suppose he knows the Pokémon very well, seeing as he had a hand in designing the vast majority of them ;)

Mudkipblader said:
    Those three new Pokemon look fantastic. =) Although I'm not such a big fan of the Tenta-family, I still think Tentacruze looks quite good.
    Looking at the design of Seazar's tail make me wonder if he has anything to do with Goldeen and Seaking?=o

Seazar is an evolution of Seaking, yes. Its name comes from Sea + Caesar or Tzar. And it's about time those generic Tentacools and Tentacruels that you've seen everywhere for four generations became useful!

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back