• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
  • Well, I've been gone awhile and I saw an image of Mega Poliwrath looking like he's something from Banjo Kazooie. O.o Looks cool, yo. xD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    I feel like a noob but im stuck on the part where i take green to the rocket hide out i went all the way back in to the hideout after her ditto changed to mew im not sure if im in the right spot?... sorry for bothering anyone

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Just change Exp. Share to effect all Pokemon like in X/Y for those people who are complaining about 'grinding'.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Just change Exp. Share to effect all Pokemon like in X/Y for those people who are complaining about 'grinding'.

Yeah, that would never happen. If people don't want to grind, then they shouldn't be playing a game like Pokemon anyway where you level up each pokemon.

what do i do after i fight team rocket by articuno? pleeeaase help

You never thought of surfing left?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Yeah, that would never happen. If people don't want to grind, then they shouldn't be playing a game like Pokemon anyway where you level up each pokemon.
    I wouldn't say that, those words are basically the sprouts of war. After all, there are plenty of fans that like Pokemon and don't like grinding; that's not what the games are about.

Not that I'm endorsing the idea, but I don't think a technique for lessening grinding in a turn-based game should be so easily knocked, since grinding in TBRPGs is generally tedious. I think it's up to the developer to lessen grinding to an amount where it doesn't grind on the player (or just making it nonexistent in general), because watching Pokemon grow isn't meant to be a slow and tedious process, it's supposed to be a part of the fun, and honestly if such an essential part of the game is tedious, there's really not much reason to play it. After all, where's the fun in that?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I wouldn't say that, those words are basically the sprouts of war. After all, there are plenty of fans that like Pokemon and don't like grinding; that's not what the games are about.

Not that I'm endorsing the idea, but I don't think a technique for lessening grinding in a turn-based game should be so easily knocked, since grinding in TBRPGs is generally tedious. I think it's up to the developer to lessen grinding to an amount where it doesn't grind on the player (or just making it nonexistent in general), because watching Pokemon grow isn't meant to be a slow and tedious process, it's supposed to be a part of the fun, and honestly if such an essential part of the game is tedious, there's really not much reason to play it. After all, where's the fun in that?

You are aware that I am the maker of the hack, right? People is already complaining the game being too easy, the last thing I want is for them to say it's even easier.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • You are aware that I am the maker of the hack, right? People is already complaining the game being too easy, the last thing I want is for them to say it's even easier.
    I understand that you're the creator, that's why it's all the more relevant. If the game is indeed too easy as it is, there really shouldn't be any need for grinding to begin with.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    First of all I would like to say that Pokemon Adventure Red is amazing. Thank you so much for spending all the time and effort to make this for us.
    I especially like the humour and 'meta' lines the random NPCs in the game give, along with the unique game-play elements such as avoiding the magnemites on the SS.Anne.
    I haven't finished the game yet (up to Fuchsia City) but I have a few suggestions that I think would go really well with the game so far.

1. Difficulty
    Sorry if we sound like a broken record on this one, but I think it should be addressed. If every trainer pokemon in the game was level boosted around 30% (or possibly more as the game progresses), but the experience given for winning unchanged, I think the game would really benefit. I have done little to no grinding and my party is finding the game a breeze in combat. I think it would make the game much more fulfilling if trainers and gyms were legitimately hard.

2. Losing track of the story
    I really like the fact that finding how to continue the next piece of story can be difficult, this is one of the strong points of the game. However I found the section in Celadon City where you need to go to the phone in the pokemon centre a bit cruel. I spent more than half an hour running around back and forth talking to every NPC in Celadon before looking up a Let's Play. I would recommend making that part a bit less frustrating :) Also put an NPC at the end of the safari zone saying this isn't finished perhaps. A written walk-through would be amazing as well just in case people miss something obvious and get stuck.

3. An item guide
    It would be handy if along with the pokemon guide there was an item guide which lists the location of every item in the game.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thank you so much for making an amazing game and I can't wait for future updates!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    First of all I would like to say that Pokemon Adventure Red is amazing. Thank you so much for spending all the time and effort to make this for us.
    I especially like the humour and 'meta' lines the random NPCs in the game give, along with the unique game-play elements such as avoiding the magnemites on the SS.Anne.
    I haven't finished the game yet (up to Fuchsia City) but I have a few suggestions that I think would go really well with the game so far.

1. Difficulty
    Sorry if we sound like a broken record on this one, but I think it should be addressed. If every trainer pokemon in the game was level boosted around 30% (or possibly more as the game progresses), but the experience given for winning unchanged, I think the game would really benefit. I have done little to no grinding and my party is finding the game a breeze in combat. I think it would make the game much more fulfilling if trainers and gyms were legitimately hard.

2. Losing track of the story
    I really like the fact that finding how to continue the next piece of story can be difficult, this is one of the strong points of the game. However I found the section in Celadon City where you need to go to the phone in the pokemon centre a bit cruel. I spent more than half an hour running around back and forth talking to every NPC in Celadon before looking up a Let's Play. I would recommend making that part a bit less frustrating :) Also put an NPC at the end of the safari zone saying this isn't finished perhaps. A written walk-through would be amazing as well just in case people miss something obvious and get stuck.

3. An item guide
    It would be handy if along with the pokemon guide there was an item guide which lists the location of every item in the game.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thank you so much for making an amazing game and I can't wait for future updates!

There's a dialogue when you enter celadon or pokemon centre (i forgot) which says to phone up prof oak to inform him about how you're doin.. I don't think providin another one is really necessary..
    Most people just don't read the dialogues, and it's a vital thing that needs to be done to avoid the situation of getting stuck. I personally never got stuck in the entire game except for the bonus chapters which i had to use the screenshots for.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    man, i have to say, your hack is AMAZING. all the hacks i played are triying to copy the style of gamefreak, and is like playing a normal pokemon game, yours is diferent. putting these special charapters was a great ideia, and the adapted story is very cool too, but the greatest part is the jokes, i never laugh too much playing a emulated game. congrats for this hack, hope your not stop to do the other games. and a question, theres a timelime of things to do after defeat sabrina? i see the sceen shots and dont understand what realy i have to do

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Yeah, that would never happen. If people don't want to grind, then they shouldn't be playing a game like Pokemon anyway where you level up each pokemon.

It was only a suggestion to quick fix those who are complaining, for those who don't care, they can just not use the group Exp. Share? Seems pretty sensible to me, but whatever it's your hack.

Keep up the great work bro.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    There's a dialogue when you enter celadon or pokemon centre (i forgot) which says to phone up prof oak to inform him about how you're doin.. I don't think providin another one is really necessary..
    Most people just don't read the dialogues, and it's a vital thing that needs to be done to avoid the situation of getting stuck. I personally never got stuck in the entire game except for the bonus chapters which i had to use the screenshots for.

Not sure how I missed that haha
    That's why a guide would be nice :)

Rago

Hack Seacher,maybe Hack Tester
    Years
    pm me if you need a beta tester xD

I'm sorry to say it but he wouldn't add a
    Beta Tester

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    I play hacks on my supercard mini SD. Pokemon adventure red won't let me pass pallet town. There are glitches out tiles blocking the way. Help would be appreciate d

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
    pm me if you need a beta tester xD

I'm sorry to say it but he wouldn't add a
    Beta Tester

And that is fine by me. I only offered if he needed any bugs tested before a release. Of course if he would rather do that himself, that is allright. I've put "pm me if you need a beta tester(keyword if)" in my signiture as a way to let rom hackers know that they can contact me if they need beta testing.

Back