• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2022
    I haven't been able to find Krabby in the 4.5 beta. I tried for a while before and after doing the lighthouse event and still haven't been able to find it. Is this just a mistake or did I do something wrong before this part? I'm not really sure, just wanted to bring it to attention.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I haven't been able to find Krabby in the 4.5 beta. I tried for a while before and after doing the lighthouse event and still haven't been able to find it. Is this just a mistake or did I do something wrong before this part? I'm not really sure, just wanted to bring it to attention.

I am in the same situation as you man, now I know it's not 'cause of when I tried looking for Krabby. Anyway I am as curious as you here about this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    I just beat blaine and I started the squirtle island event after getting the raft. once I start the event some unknown timer seems to start where when it runs out my game freezes. If I continue the game I get about to the first trainer in the cave before I freeze. If I go anywhere else in the game it eventually freezes too. I did use a couple of cheats, for rare candies and master balls, simply because I didn't have a ton of extra time to play and wanted to play through the game. I also evolved my pokemon and I wasnt able to complete the bulbasaur or squirtle event so if anyone can give me a tip on how to complete that without restarting that would be nice too.

EDIT: I tried playing again from one of the saves and for some reason I am not getting the freeze issue. I have no idea what happened.

I would like to know if there is anyway of getting my trade evolution pokemon.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Im at Shamouti Island and there is butchaw island idk the name,when I want to go there it just drive me back to Shamouti Island,sorry didnt watched the whole episodes,any help?

That's the end of the current beta. That island hasn't been mapped yet so for now it just takes you back to Shamouti.

Hi so I'm still unable to catch a Krabby on route 6 near the shoreline by Bill's lighthouse, once again I've already completed the event Mystery at the Lighthouse but did not catch a Krabby before doing the actual event. Anyways, I keep running back and forth along the shoreline on route 6 by the lighthouse and you know how eventually it's supposed to trigger a wild Pokemon event, well it's not doing so. I'm like confused here and can't find any info on whether or not I can still find one, not here on this thread nor throughout any walkthrough videos. I should be able to find one right? So if anyone can please help me out here with any advice or a link to one of their own save files that they have from before they did the Mystery at the Lighthouse event that'd be great I'd be of great gratitude, thanks.

I am using beta 4.5 if that helps.

Once again, thank you so much in advance.

Also I don't want to cheat at all nor do I want to restart the game, thanks again in advance for helping

Did you patch to a clean Fire Red rom?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    When would be an actual good time to just say screw it and let Bulbasaur and Squirtle evolve? I'm tired of how weak they are. Lol.

Years
  • A game breaking bug I experienced. When you complete the event where you give Santa's boot back and then return to Kanto, when you step, it'll freeze. So, I just skipped the event ):

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    A game breaking bug I experienced. When you complete the event where you give Santa's boot back and then return to Kanto, when you step, it'll freeze. So, I just skipped the event ):
    I noticed it only freezes if you step downward At first. Because it did it to me and then instead of going down I just went up toward the pokemoney center then went back down and I was able to keep going.

Years
  • I noticed it only freezes if you step downward At first. Because it did it to me and then instead of going down I just went up toward the pokemoney center then went back down and I was able to keep going.

Really? Mine's all direction.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    Really? Mine's all direction.

You might have to repactch to a clean Fire Red rom.

Also if anyone can help me. I talked to lorrelli in that battle stadium place. Where do I go to have her help me train my charizard?

Years
  • You might have to repactch to a clean Fire Red rom.

Also if anyone can help me. I talked to lorrelli in that battle stadium place. Where do I go to have her help me train my charizard?

Just continue the story, go the next island etc..
    Some other trainer is gonna freeze your Charizard, Lorelei has nothing to do with it (=

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ive done the 2nd movie event thing, and i think this is the end of the beta. Correct?
    Bug things i found:
    - 1. When Kabuto island sunk and you surf on route 18 and then turn back to the kabuto island, some parts of the island reappears.
    - 2. I talked to Jenny at the museum to unlock the event on route 22. But it didnt unlock it. You have to try to really walk in the museum and let Jenny talk to me intead that I talk to her.
    - 3. The VS seeker doesnt work sometimes. It tells me that trainers arn't there, but they are.
    - 4. Not really a bug, but on Ice Island it takes a lot of time to walk through that snow. In general some parts/islands are a little to big.

I really loved playing Ash Gray so far!
    Do you have any idea how long it takes until the next beta? Is there even gonna be a next one?
    Cause im thinking of starting all over.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    What is the construction in attachment? :O
    Once u pick up the item, u can pick up another one and so on, so infinity star piece xD

in the pokemon league, when I enter in aghata's room, the game freeze :(

ah, when i complete the jynx/santa claus event and i return to kanto and i make a step the game freeze :/

(i patched into a new rom and i restarted the game)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2022
    A game breaking bug I experienced. When you complete the event where you give Santa's boot back and then return to Kanto, when you step, it'll freeze. So, I just skipped the event ):

I saved right after getting off of Lapras, just to try it out, and reset the game. When I came back, I was able to move again without it freezing.

On another note, I went back to the lighthouse once I had the raft, hopped in the water, and immediately ran into Krabby. I caught it, went into the lighthouse, and the event with Bill had reset and gone back to him being in a Kabuto costume again.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Thanks for all the bug reports. Here is the first glitch fix for 4.5:

Pokémon AshGray beta 4.51

Some of the glitches that are fixed include:

• Freezing after doing the North Pole Event
    • Krabby doesn't appear on the shoreline by Bill's lighthouse
    • item next to construction builidng on route 6 respawns
    • talking to Officer Jenny at museum in Shipful of Shivers doesn't activate event
    • Lorelei Elite 4 battle should work now

Thanks to everyone for all the bug reports and keep them coming!

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Thanks for all the bug reports. Here is the first glitch fix for 4.5:

Pokémon AshGray beta 4.51

Some of the glitches that are fixed include:

• Freezing after doing the North Pole Event
    • Krabby doesn't appear on the shoreline by Bill's lighthouse
    • item next to construction builidng on route 6 respawns
    • talking to Officer Jenny at museum in Shipful of Shivers doesn't activate event
    • Lorelei Elite 4 battle should work now

Thanks to everyone for all the bug reports and keep them coming!

can someone explain to a rom noob on how to update to this version?

Years
  • I've patched the fire red rom with lunar ips then i renamed the rom as my save file instead of renaming the sav file... should i do the opposite ?

I've patched the rom again changed the sav name file but i'm still stuck on route 25 and murcott island...i mean i can't go any further on a different route
    Patched with 4.51 not 4.5

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back