• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well, the thread can be revived if given a chance, Rekhyt. We must simply find some new material in which to discuss!
    (Actually, I'm suprised I'm just now starting to post in this sticky...)

Breeding is incredibly simple if one is simply trying to make a copy for a friend, however; many people use breeding in order to create offspring that will have nice movesets. Breeding Pokémon is all part of the difficulty in creating a truely awesome team and I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a really good competitive battler that does not breed somewhere down the line in creating their team. It's all about technique.

I hope I was able to clear some things about breeding Pokémon up for you there, ShadowofTime01. It truely is quite simple. ;D
    That sounds so special! ^.^

I love all the new alt forms but what about the missing two gastrodon.
    This is my first post here but what do u all think about roserade?
    I actually like Rozerade quite well. It has some awesome battling abilities and it just looks so nice while it's at it. I suppose you did pick quick a mascot for yourself, HazaBara.
    (Heatran on the other hand... Not my favorite Pokémon, however; I do love his Japanese name!)

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Indeed, and yes it would go against the foundation of breeding. But I thought it would spur some sort of fresh discussion. And look it brought you, Fable, and Oni here...

You sneaky little son of a biscuit. >:O Tricking the good ol' regulars back. Very clever. :x

On the topics of babies, why was it so impossible for me to breed an igglybuff? is it really as easy as putting two evolutions together?
    Well, most babies just need an item, I don't think it's hard. Although when you add Independant Values into the equation, breeding gets a whole lot tougher.

This thread was so much better back in the day. I'm not trying to put anyone down here, but I really miss the times where me, Fable and DarkChild kept this thread going for about thirty pages. We were so innocent and foolish back then, too. Reading over some of our old posts is a really cool way to kill time.
    Haha, and you and your "I'm going to leave PC today. ]:" back then, good good times. XD

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    You sneaky little son of a biscuit. >:O Tricking the good ol' regulars back. Very clever. :x
    What can I say? regulars are good at having in depth discussions and keeping stickied threads alive. :P

I was recently loooking at the new forms of Rotom released in platinum, and I got to thinking what other pokemon would be cool to have alternate forms/which have had alternate forms...
    All i can think of at the moment is Castform, Rotom, Arceus, Girtina, and Shaymin...

And now that i think about it, I cannot think of another pokemon that would be cool to have alt forms for...:surprised:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What can I say? regulars are good at having in depth discussions and keeping stickied threads alive. :P

I was recently loooking at the new forms of Rotom released in platinum, and I got to thinking what other pokemon would be cool to have alternate forms/which have had alternate forms...
    All i can think of at the moment is Castform, Rotom, Arceus, Girtina, and Shaymin...

And now that i think about it, I cannot think of another pokemon that would be cool to have alt forms for...:surprised:

I might have missed something but you did not mention Deoxys, Burmy/Wormadam, or Gastrodon.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    That sounds so special! ^.^

It certainly was. I don't understand why everything regarding my life seemed to be so much more simple and better back in the day.

Well, the thread can be revived if given a chance, Rekhyt. We must simply find some new material in which to discuss!

That's the problem. The reason this thread isn't what it used to be is because we've discussed everything. However, now that the Japanese version of Platinum has been released, this thread may experience a boost of activity. I'm not sure though, seeing as we already have a board dedicated for the game and its counter-parts.

Haha, and you and your "I'm going to leave PC today. ]:" back then, good good times. XD

Haha. Your first sentence was the post that made the Daily Chit-Chat thread what it is today. I don't know how but it did. I really shouldn't have lurked while watching you and Saryka post mindless gibberish in that thread, posting was obviously the better option.

Alternate forms of Pokémon confirmed my suspicions about the originality of the franchise more or less falling apart.Then again, that more or less became clear as soon as the third generation of Pokémon was released.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Speaking of a loss of originality, because I've just about completed my pokedex (i now need the recently released Shaymin), upon the release of Pokemon Platinum in the US, I'm going to under go the task of completing a pokedex to 100% completion (legitimately still). After completing my dex earlier this summer, I was thinking of getting both the male and female versions of every pokemon in the dex. Now with Platnium's feature of having 6 different language dex entries for every pokemon, I'm going to set out and get every single entry in every language...

Is that crazy/do i have too much time on my hands? Or is it reasonable to do that so i can become one of the best pokemon professors? haha.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    That is a bit crazy there, Shadowoftime01.
    Did it take you very long to complete that Pokédex? I assume it did.
    Think about multiplying that time by five, one for each language viewable in the Pokédex. Not to mention the time it will take you to find people whom have games in those languages.
    It seems like an aweful lot of trouble to simply make one's Pokédex look more impressive, don't you think?
    (Unless you plan to buy a game in each language... That may save time, but what about the cost? :o)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Beldum's base stats are :
    Hp 40, Attack 55, Defense 80, Sp. attack 35, Sp. Defense 60, Speed 30.

Aren't base stats at level 17 or something? Or is that IVs....

Anyone else here love Espeon?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I suppose Espeon is alright, however; I much prefer Umbreon when we are speaking of Eeveelutions.
    I don't know, I suppose Espeon is a pretty decent psychic-type Pokémon, but I don't usually train them.
    Cute little thing though. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Umbreon is more of an annoyer, right?I prefer to make an Espeon with my original, and just use a Bronzor until I can be bothered to breed a good-natured Umbreon, tame it and level it up at night. Plus, I find Psychics to generally be very powerful. I just wish there was more of a varity of Psychic moves, although I am glad that Psycho Cut is there, making use of some Psychic's high Attack as well, making high Sp. Def pokemon easier to take down.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    That is a bit crazy there, Shadowoftime01.
    Did it take you very long to complete that Pokédex? I assume it did.
    Think about multiplying that time by five, one for each language viewable in the Pokédex. Not to mention the time it will take you to find people whom have games in those languages.
    It seems like an aweful lot of trouble to simply make one's Pokédex look more impressive, don't you think?
    (Unless you plan to buy a game in each language... That may save time, but what about the cost? :o)

Actually it didn't take me that long to get to 460 by myself, then it took maybe a month on this forum to finally finish it up. The only thing I see being a problem are the legendaries. Maybe I should buy each game in a different language because the DS doesn't have the regional restrictions... It would be easier to just breed most of the pokemon myself...

I don't know, I'm looking at this as a challenge that I don't get from the game any more. I mean, some of the people here get their jollys out of EV training their pokemon, and I guess I prefer having a impressive dex.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years

Well, I prefer Vaporeon over all of them Eeveelutions! With its ridiculously high HP it's impossible to KO! :badsmile: Oh, well, it isn't, but I still prefer Vaporeon. When I play Pokémon Stadium, I always have one in my team. I'm still looking for a way to get myself one in Diamond, but I don't have a water stone, so I'm thinking of making my Eevee evolve into an Espeon and then later on breed another Eevee and get a water stone somewhere. Good plan, eh? I bet you're all really excited to hear this :disappoin

I'm sorry for this nonsense! :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well, you can always look for a water stone in the Sinnoh Undergroup, An-Chan. They're not too common, but I'm sure you will find one with some luck and patience. If you have a Wi-Fi connection, however; you can always look up people willing to trade one in the Wireless Trade Corner.
    (People usually are willing to trade rarer items such as those)

You know, I had that same qualm when I obtained my first Eevee on my English Diamond. I seriously debated with myself whether to use a fire stone and evolve it into Flareon or evolve it into an Umbreon. After a few days I eventually decided on the latter evolution as it was much less work. I would go with your Espeon idea unless you truely want that Vaporeon. ;D

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Well, I prefer Vaporeon over all of them Eeveelutions! With its ridiculously high HP it's impossible to KO! :badsmile: Oh, well, it isn't, but I still prefer Vaporeon. When I play Pokémon Stadium, I always have one in my team. I'm still looking for a way to get myself one in Diamond, but I don't have a water stone, so I'm thinking of making my Eevee evolve into an Espeon and then later on breed another Eevee and get a water stone somewhere. Good plan, eh? I bet you're all really excited to hear this :disappoin

I'm sorry for this nonsense! :D

Have you gotten the water stone to the south of that really big sea. You know, the beach where all those tubers run around and those guys in speedos battle you?

There is one around there.

Likewise, if you have already gotten that, I would be glad to trade you my Vaporeon. Its only Lv. 2.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Its my first time posting here. This place looks like its had its good times in activity and now it is suffering uber deadness. Well, just came to say that even though Garchomp was shifted to the Uber tier, I still respect his beastilness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back