• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuros

IV Breeder
Years
  • Damage calculations aren't really that important. Just remember what kills what, under what conditions, and you're fine (PROTIP: Weavile Ice Shard kills Salamence).

EVs and IVs aren't really important, either- just put everything in the right place, then forget about it.

Actually EVs and IVs can make or break your battles. My Hippowdon survived a +2 Close Combat(by 10 points) coming from a LO SD Lucario simply because her HP(28)/Def(31) IVs is great and she is EV trained in HP(252), Attack(16), Def(152), and Sp. def(88). Which was the game breaking event, I won only because of my IV breeding and EV training. So it's not really wise to underrate them, then again it's not very healthy to become obcessive over them either. You have to find a balance. While you don't have to use a damage calculator in battle, it is wise to see how your poke will perform in certain situations before you're forced into them

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • I didn't mean that they weren't important, just that it wasn't important to remember where everything is. Just breed until you have a triple flawless Poke with the proper nature and ability, and then forget about it.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Well, overall, its not that complicated is all I am saying. But it is hard to become the best of the best on smogon's shoddy server or something, unpredictability and other human players are the biggest elements that make it difficult.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Excuse me, but whats the difference with regular training and EV training?

EV Training: Battling specific Pokemon to raise EVs. EVs are essentially invisible points that raise your Pokemon's stats- read The Compiled Guides for more information.

Regular Training: WHEN MY CHARIZARD HITS LEVEL 100 I'LL BE ABLE TO BEAT BILLY FROM ACROSS THE STREET.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2008
    anyone wanna battle? or do you think you're good enough to join my new clan?

i just started it today so i have a lot of spots open

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Regular Training: WHEN MY CHARIZARD HITS LEVEL 100 I'LL BE ABLE TO BEAT BILLY FROM ACROSS THE STREET.

LMFAO, wow. That was a good one. Hey we all at one point thought that lvl. 100's were the ultimate battling machine, little did we know that using rare candies didn't help us out as much as we thought they did.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Uhh... Rare Candies weren't meant for people who know what stats are. They're meant for kids who're trying to get their starter to level 100.

That being said, they do have merit- they function as a regular levelup, meaning if you have all of your EVs filled, Rare Candies will give you the same stats as regular grinding.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back