• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
  • Well, we're going to start anew with the Pokemon Chit-Chat thread. ^^ Here, you can talk about anything Pokemon-related. Please abide by The PokeCommunity Rules as well as the Pokemon General Rules. Let's keep the conversations clean everyone - commence with the Pokechatting~! X3

~Kelsey

NOTE: This thread is not to be used to ask things like "What's a good moveset for my Ruby team?" or other such questions. Those belong in their respective forums for the Pokemon video games (i.e. - the "Simple Questions" threads). This thread is simply for general discussions on the wonderful world of Pokemon~ =)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hmmm, let's get a new topic going.

How many of you like Nintendo adding a lot of baby pokemon this time around for the 4th generation.

>> Second post. Woohoo.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Coolness, a new Pokemon CC?

Anyways, I have to say that Nintendo should stop making new baby Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon need Evolutions, not Preevolutions. Mantine, Sudowoodo, Mr. Mime – they're rather weak compared to other Pokemon. If they got evolutions, more people would use them since they'll be stronger. Preevolutions don't help. Unless, the babies learned some cool attack that the parents can't learn. Calm Mind Mantine, anyone? But this is unlikely.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Some baby pokemon get extra moves ;x

Anyways, I hate them. Evolutions of current pokemon rock, baby pokemon don't. They're just useless...way too cute...and useless.

*eStabs them all*

Years
  • I actually don't really like any of the new baby pokemon (or most baby pokemon in general, really. I'm just not fond of most of the designs), so I dislike the fact that we've gotten a bunch of new babies. I'd rather have more evolutions, if nothing else. x.x I have no use for babies other than to get them into my pokedex.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • aragornbird said:
    Anyways, I have to say that Nintendo should stop making new baby Pokemon. A lot of the Pokemon need Evolutions, not Preevolutions.

Agreed. Even digging back further with the baby Pokemon that have been introduced in GSC and RS, it feels a bit pointless. I mean, sure, it was cute for a little while after GSC was released, but slowly, I think it got old. That and it just feels like it's an attempt by Game Freak to get some player interest in Pokemon that many of us, quite frankly, don't care about to begin with. Seriously, by a show of hands, who really remembered Mantine existed before Tamanta came out?

As for the moves, I just don't see why they can't just add on moves to the movepools of Pokemon, rather than create baby Pokemon that can pass those moves on, if that makes any sense. After all, it's not like movepools have never been changed before, what with the constant altering of what level a Pokemon is at when it learns a certain move. (For example: Vulpix with Fire Spin.)

So, let's see. What are we up to by now? Four baby Pokemon so far, bringing the number at roughly half of all of the revealed Pokemon thus far?

All I have to say, then, is the next revealed Pokemon had better be a brand-new one and not a baby, or I'll have to sacrifice a Pichu to Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Mantine isn't bad in the meta game, besides having a double weakness to electric =/ But so did gyrados.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

But Mantine has a bad movepool while Gyarados could learn a ton of moves. And compared to all the better Water types out there, Mantine just doesn't cut it.

I also fear a baby Skarmory, since Skarm is Mantine's counterpart.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Oh, I thought mantine was a decent pokemon =/

All the cool looking ones end up sucking. Araidos = <3 yet it sucks.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Totally. And Murkrow and Farfetch'd are awesome birds, but they got gypped. =\

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'd really like Diamond and Pearl to switch up the worth of a lot of pokemon. Maybe put the limelight on some of the more obscure ones, while taking usefulness away from the usual pokemon?

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Baby Pokemon is cute though... make them for the cuteness. Don't you just want to have a plushie of baby Mantine?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Naminé said:
    Baby Pokemon is cute though... make them for the cuteness. Don't you just want to have a plushie of baby Mantine?
    Merchandise of baby pokemon may make good profits with girls, but I don't want useless pokemon.

And cute doesn't cut it with me.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Yeah, Nintendo has to realize that lots of older teens play Pokemon too.

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Paul said:
    Merchandise of baby pokemon may make good profits with girls, but I don't want useless pokemon.

And cute doesn't cut it with me.

True. Cute does not make it worth putting in the game. I wouldn't really mind having some baby Pokemon around, but evolutions would be much better. The only baby Pokemon I found actually useful was Tyrogue, since then you can get all the Hitmons.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Some kid told me pokemon was g-a-y on my MySpace. [I have my picture in a Pokemon card]

And I was like "blah to you =P"

But the fact is, the game is completely appropriate for teens.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Paul said:
    Some kid told me pokemon was g-a-y on my MySpace. [I have my picture in a Pokemon card]

And I was like "blah to you =P"

You can't say that ;D

I saw that pic. Wasn't it the Shiftry pic? I would have done the sandstorm picture instead.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Paul said:

Not really too fitting though... the plot is beyond terrible. I know that Pokemon game doesn't really focus on the concept of "plot" so much, but seeing how they tried with Team Magma/Team Aqua and the gamecube games, it's safe to say that Pokemon and "good plot" are not fitting with each other.

Compare true "teen games" like Kingdom Heart series... I think it's rather obvious what's wrong with Pokemon and why it's a kids' game, and it merits the title of "kids' game" rightfully so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back