• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Piplup is awesome. It's my starter in Pearl, and I still haven't evolved it. It's at level 33 right now. I'm still thinking of whether to just keep it as a Piplup or evolve it later on.

i'd reccomend evolving it. i know from personal experience. i wanted a level 100 riolu, but the stats are REALLY bad. so at level 74 i evolved riolu. it was a tough desition, but i could have gotten my lucario soooooo much stronger if i evolved it at level 17 when it started to evolve. but yea. evolve it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i'd reccomend evolving it. i know from personal experience. i wanted a level 100 riolu, but the stats are REALLY bad. so at level 74 i evolved riolu. it was a tough desition, but i could have gotten my lucario soooooo much stronger if i evolved it at level 17 when it started to evolve. but yea. evolve it.

I think the challenge really lies in getting good with your favourites, no matter if they're not the highest stats pokemon ;) Not many want to do that, sadly.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I agree with the post above ^. If you like the Pokémon how they are in their current form, I don't see why you should evolve them D: If you're a super competitive person who battles all the time, you'd probably already have your team planned out and everything, so if you're doing it just for fun, keep it as a Piplup :>

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, yeah. If you don't want your Pokémon to evolve, don't evolve it. If you're a competitive battler, however, you'd probably have your team already planned out (as Aegis said) so your favourite Pokémon evolving wouldn't really effect you.

And I like Piplup as well. She was my starter in Pearl but was later thrown into the box to make room for other, more important Pokémon (like BeachBoy's).

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    quick question: what are the Sinnoh starter's first moves (because I do not have them all) (for a story I am writing in pokemon fanficton and poetry)

Chimchar starts with Scratch and Leer, Piplup has Pound and Growl and Turtwig comes with Tackle and Withdraw.

Good luck with the story, by the way. It's always good to see aspiring authors.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
    Alright, thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep Piplup as it is, because I'm not really all that good when it comes to competitive battling. xD

For some reason, I'm having trouble finding an Everstone though. o.O I've been looking a bunch Underground, but still no luck. =/

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Keep looking b/c you're bound to cross it sooner or later =]

thanks for the story info, and if you want to see it, it is on https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158525

please go, because I haven't had one person writing about it yet, except a mod telling me to edit my story for something. pleeease?

I'm afraid your just going to have to wait for people to read it on their own, because advertising it (In Pokémon General no less) is against the rules.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I guess since no one has a topic, I'll start one.

Do you think that some of the evolutions in D/P/P are good at all in terms of the way they're animated in either the show or the game?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I think pokemon animations in the game suck period... I mean rocking the avatar back and forth for sleeppowder? What's that about?
    It could be better, sure, but I don't mind it. Imagine how advanced it'll get in the future. We'll be laughing at it then. Watch them become all full motion for each attack. ;P

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I think pokemon animations in the game suck period... I mean rocking the avatar back and forth for sleeppowder? What's that about?
    That's the animation you'll probably get on a hand held console.
    If you want great graphics, you should play on the Wii, no?

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    That's the animation you'll probably get on a hand held console.
    If you want great graphics, you should play on the Wii, no?

Uh the pokemon stadium (or whatever it's evolved to nowadays) hasn't improved much over the years either. Surf is still a giant wave that appears out of nowhere and floods the place, and then the pokemon return to their static position that the were in before, slightly rocking back and forth. I mean I really wanted to see some crazy cool animations for the Wii game and i just ended up disappointed. It's just not the same as seeing pikachu sliding under a charzard and then climbing up it's back and electrocuting it.

I think it shakes because they're shaking sleep powder?

That makes sense, but it's still not a great animation, also it's used for say eating leftovers.

Oh and Beachboy, don't get me wrong, I like them, it's just hasn't advanced as much as i thought it would over the past 12 years or so. But when they actually take the time to animate every move in the future, I will join you in laughing at the fact that they put that much effort into the game.:laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back