• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I was on Shoddy Battle a few minutes ago. The Official Server was lagging, so I picked the next server on the list. After three battles, while having my team swept by a Steelix that I couldn't PHaze away, and walled by an unkillable Ledian (I am not kidding you here), I found out that it was a Modded server. Which is good, because this completely validates my reasons for living once again. Apparently, on the server, Gravity meant no Phazing, and Ledian had an ability called Nullify that annulled all damage that didn't OHKO. I call BS on that, because that punk survived a Stone Edge from Heracross, an Avalanche (after being hit) from Rhyperior, and an Explosion from Forretress.

WTF IS UP WITH THAT. SERIOUSLY.

Years
    Diamond.

I decided on day 1 (or even before that) that I was going to get both and primarily play it.

Better Pokemon exclusives, better main legendary, etc...

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I like Diamond. Annoyed with my boyfriend for getting Diamond as well though, sigh. Not like it's difficult to get the exclusives with the new trading scene and what not.

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i bought both games but started playing diamond on the first day and never quit!! haha, i used to like dialga at first... but i think i'm starting to like palkia better now... but i don't feel like starting a whole new game.

starmii3

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    God, i caint wait to get a DS and then pokemon diamonde.
    Any tips on good pokemon picks?

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    ok, i've been thinking about this for a loooong time... are any of you afraid to tell people at school, even your friends, that you like pokemon? just the other day me and some friends were standing in the hallway and just randomly they started to make fun of pokemon. i don't understand. why don't people make fun of digimon (where i live they don't at least. it's always pokemon)? why is it ok to watch tom and jerry, when every episode is a cat chasing a mouse? why is it ok to go to disney world and take your picture with mickey mouse when you're 17, but it's not ok to play pokemon games?

why do people who have drifted away from pokemon have such a strong hate towards it? if anybody has any clue, could you tell me? sorry for my rant, but it's been bothering me for awhile now ^_^

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I guess alot of people do secretly watch it, but make jokes out of it to hide that fact.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i guess i know that people watch it and play it... maybe they feel that pokemon isn't cool? so they have to make fun of it? i don't know, it just bothers me, i don't want to tell my friends when they ask what i'm doing "yeah, i'm playing pokemon battle revolution", or when they ask me what i'm drawing i don't wanna say "i'm drawing pokemon cuz it's acually what i'm best at drawing." i just wish people were a little more... mature i guess, and let people enjoy what they love.

do people know you like pokemon, Perry? or do you just keep it to yourself?

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I keep it to myself, but to be honest it has never came up which is quite lucky so I have never had to say anything about it.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    yeah, i keep it to myself too, but i don't know if i should defend it if people, like my friends, are making fun of pokemon. i've just tried to change the subject every time it's been brought up. my best friend knows, and still pokes fun at it, not really to be mean, just to joke around, and then another close friend knows that the only game i have for the wii is pokemon battle revolution, and that i know a lot about pokemon. i talk about pokemon with his little brother ^_^ haha.

i'm just trying to keep it to myself too until i need to say something. i mean, eventually they're gonna know, cuz when i go off to college here next year, i'm gonna be watching pokemon movies whether people like it or not ^_^ and at that point, all my friends will know. but i guess if they're really friends, it won't matter to them.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Yeah, I'm sure that they wont mind.

Pokemon games don't seem to be as bad as watching the TV show in peoples eyes. But If you are good friends you probably know private stuff about them aswell.

Adelaide-Amber

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i think you're right. the show is worse than the games. (even though i like watching the episodes, just to kinda see how the pokemon act and what they sound like ^_^) but i LOVE the movies. just because the graphics are much better quality than the show. i guess i shouldn't care so much. i am starting to care less though, probably because it's my senior year and i'll be gone in half a year. i know it will come out eventually. i won't mind though.

late middle school/early high school it can be even rougher for pokemon fans. it's so ridiculous too...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back