• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    For me, I never keep my secret about my love in PKMN, Actually, I even made my three close friends like PKMN! So I'm happy and I had no regrets in telling them that I like PKMN. Because I feel they're trustworthy and I feel they won't laugh at me. But honestly speaking, not all people can accept other people's likes and dislikes... I choose carefully which one would like PKMN. So there's no reason for me to be afraid... Anyway, I'm new here.... hello everyone.

Adelaide-Amber

-|Fashion Statement Suicide|-
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    welcome Benevolent Wings!!

you're lucky... i would love to have friends that loved pokemon like i do that go to the same school. the only person that likes pokemon that i can play pokemon with are my little brother and my boyfriend's little brother (11 and 13 years old). i don't really know if my boyfriend caught on... he just knows that i can get his little brother a whole bunch of rare candies with my action replay... heh...

whatever. he wouldn't treat me differently if he knew that i loved pokemon, but i don't know why it's so hard to say i do. prolly because everyone around me says it's stupid and for little kids.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
    I don't mind if they are gonna say bad things about me loving PKMN. Besides, its my likes and if people ever criticize me, well, all I can think is that they don't have the right to judge what I like. So, yeah.... :) Thanks

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Ah... So this is the thread my brother, Benevolent Wings, was talking about...

The same with Benevolent Wings here... I never hide my love towards POKéMON. I would care less if they consider me a nerd or weird. I even made some of my friends addicted to POKéMON, too, and we started talking to each other about POKéMON, POKéMON, POKéMON. =3

We share knowledge and we share ideas. Wheeeee! It feels great if I don't hide my love towards POKéMON. ;)

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    Me to Destinedjagold, I don't care if people think I'm geek or nerd, they probably think I'm a geek, they'er just idiots and don't know the cool and smart thing's about pokemon.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Thanks~
    But around here, people don't look at persons whether they're geks or cool.
    We're united! Sharing both geeky and cool stuff and stories!

I am considered 'cool' when I was at highschool... Don't know why though, since I consider myself a 'geek', because I am in love with PKMN... :D

So when everyone knew about it, they then considered me a cool PKMN geek. xD
    I have lots of friends who I infected with PKMN-addiction virus! Bwahahahah!

Jezebel

Team Rocket Field Agent
    Years
    Yeah me too destinedjagold! I recently got my friends back into Pokemon because of my love for it! I don't really care if people say its for little kids...I like what I want to like.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Whoa, I can never mention Pokémon outside my home. When I was in lower middle school, everybody loved Pokémon, I was about the only one who continued loving them as we grew up ^^
    I'm really happy there is a place like PC.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2008
    yeah

Everyone at my school loved Pokemon now if you even mention pokemon you get made fun of for at least 4 weeks:t009::t009::t009:P.S. i love squirtle through blastoise

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um... Okay.

Yeah, everyone in my school loved it and then: It was over, nerdish, my secret... But I've recently roped two friends back in, so, that was quite an achievement.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's a strong achievement by you indeed, Oni... If only I could tell a certain friend about my Pokémoniness... he and me already share an animé interest, so the pokémon part shouldn't be too surprising. Should I confront him? ^^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you're prepared to be slagged for the rest of your life, then yes.

If you're in any way not happy with it, no.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heh... perhaps I'm a happy girl as I am in my current state...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    You could well be happier than your current state, and this friend may be the key to unlcoking this happiness that we are speaking of.

Topic Change:

Should Pokemon have stopped after the first generation?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No I don't think so. Pokémon was indeed a different thing back then compared to nowadays, but many good things came with the second gen. And the third, perhaps. (not many, on the third gen, but some)

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Maybe if they hadn't focused so much on introducing the new Pokémon, they would have created better storylines for the oh so repetitive anime....

But I really don't think they should have stopped with the first generation, if they did, I don't think I would still like Pokémon...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Darkkchild is right. But I also agree with Oni. There aren't many original ideas seen in pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh. And the legendaries after Celebi are just awful....
    But I can't completely agree, since I love Hoenn and think that's a really good region (the region where I've spent the most of my in-game time) and Zangoose is wonderful, and so is Steven and Norman... so, no, they shouldn't have stopped making pokémon games and come up with stories and regions, but they might have halted the "creating-new-flashy-pokémon" process :/
    A little.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Meh, it's just Nintendo with the idea that more Pokemon is more money ect... But it's not, really, I mean, wouldn't we all prefer a huge Pokemon game with just one or two generations in it that have already been introduced?

It's the gameplay and the storylines they need to work on, new Pokemon are secondary.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Which would be more expensive and more time-consuming? Creating random machine-like creatures or creating a new game with a new concept, storyline, better graphics... You have your answer.

Anyway, Nintendo knows that Pokémaniacs are gonna buy whatever they put out there... So why should they bother?

EDIT: (off topic)Oni Raichu, I love you theme :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back