• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    Just a question about your game. Will we be able to transfer our files if you release a new version or will we have to start all over again?

Cant wait to play the game

KristophvomAugsburg

The Cultured Battler
    Years
  • I just played the beta and I gotta say how much I loved it. I LOVE the Pokedex.

But I'm guessing that it only goes up to where you give the egg to Prof. Elm. Still, it's fun scrolling up and down the Pokedex. :D

DizzyTech

Can't find his Emerald copy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2008
    I only played through it quickly (with walk through walls nonetheless; I was wondering why I kept ending up in Azalea Town), but the hack is of great quality.

We've got some Missingno issues with the PokeNav, and the radio in people's houses freezes your game. Otherwise, it's great!

I have a question, though: while I know that you will eventually get Johto and Kanto maps into the games inbuilt map and in the PokeNav, but what is your plan for the radio system? Will an equivalent be scripted?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • i played the preview. just gotta say awesome. just gotta work out the stuff with the doors tho. can't wait for full version.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    The Pokemon battle blocking the way to Violet City was supposed to have dispersed after you talk to Prof. Elm about the break-in and theft, but the battle's still going on.

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    The Pokemon battle blocking the way to Violet City was supposed to have dispersed after you talk to Prof. Elm about the break-in and theft, but the battle's still going on.

Thats probably where the Beta Ends. Great game yo its fun and was great to play.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    was it just me who had some problems with the door animations?
    Its supposed to be like that because since he inserted fire red tiles, and they both have different animations, it is pretty much fire red tiles with emerald animations.

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    It's not bad, but it has way too many bugs (Most are minor, but still....)

• Radio Freezes Game
    • Your room drives like the truck at start
    • The two battling Pokémon that block the path to Violet don't face each other after you talk to them
    • Silver uses a Quilava if you choose Chicorita
    • You don't set a clock how do the Berry trees work?
    • Mr. Stone and Prof Birch are still in the PokéNav
    • Mom does her Emerald dialog if you call her.
    • The old man in Cherrygrove does not give you a tour.
    • The stairs in your room go upwarths and so do the stairs in the main room in your house
    • Entering a house looks wierd
    • The Pokémon chosen by Silver does not disapear after you battle him
    I believe that's all.

Last edited:

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Wow, really much bugs! I didn't noticed most of them, well, i hope i can repair them in the next release, for the movement stuff, at the boy's battle, i don't know the byte for that movement in emerald, so, i haved to do that way... If anyone knows...

jj_olli

It's coming...
    Years
  • The Beta is great, it feels like playing an Firered-Hack. It's awesome, and I found another two bugs, the pokemart doesn't sell pokeballs, after obtaining the five from Elm's assistant and if you start as a girl, your Computer doesn't work right.
    Really great, this hack, I hope you will release the next Beta soon.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Welcome to the world of "undetected" bugs Kike! XD

As the game becomes more and more developed more errors will show up, I'm sure. So patience will be key for the hack's and the hacker's health (don't lose it, as I sometimes did :D)

(But, you are evil Kike, battling a Chiko against a Quilava... malo... XP)

Good luck with the rest of the scripts for the next Beta!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back