• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    Ok I feel really lame for asking this, but I got up to the end of beta 1 and was wondering if there is a way back to pallet town so I can catch the pokemon I missed. If not I'll wait for beta two! :D

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • This is probably one of the best hacks i've played for a while.
    I did however hate how I spent over 30 Pokeballs trying to get a Makrow in Viridian Forest, however, it was worth it totally.
    Love this hack, keep up the great work Chaos!

EDIT- Does anyone know where a dusk stone is? I want to evolve my murkrow badly. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I have some questions :
    1. Are you going to do the islands like in fire red/leaf green ?
    2. Beta 2 will be finish the pokemon league ?
    3. Its stupid questin but , are you going to do mega evolutions ?
    4. In beta 2 , have you changed the game before the rock tunnel ?
    5. Will be new stones in the game ? like stone that evolve Dusclops into Dusknoir ?
    6. Can we catch all the legendaries Pokemons in the game?

Sorry for my English :(
    1. No, but there will be postgame areas that's original to DarkViolet
    2. No, Beta 2 will end right after you beat Sabrina
    3. No
    4. Well, the tree graphics are different. And that glitch with the Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge is fixed. And a very minor glitch regarding the S.S. Anne entrance sailor is fixed.
    5. There are three new stones in the game, called the Metal Stone, the Royal Stone, and the Omega Stone. Dusclops and Dusknoir is not in the game.
    6. No, but you can catch seven Legendaries in the final version. In Beta 2, you can catch Zapdos.

Ok I feel really lame for asking this, but I got up to the end of beta 1 and was wondering if there is a way back to pallet town so I can catch the pokemon I missed. If not I'll wait for beta two! :D
    No, you can't. I know it's unusual in an RPG to not be able to go back, but you'll see why in Beta 2 because there is a slight change of events and direction after you get the fourth badge.

This is probably one of the best hacks i've played for a while.
    I did however hate how I spent over 30 Pokeballs trying to get a Makrow in Viridian Forest, however, it was worth it totally.

EDIT- Does anyone know where a dusk stone is? I want to evolve my murkrow badly. :)
    The Dusk Stone is not available in Beta 1. However, the first available Dusk Stone is lying near the end of Rock Tunnel. In addition to that, the Stone Merchant in the Underground Market will start selling Dusk Stones after you beat Erika. I think Murkrow's rarity and low catch rate is justified due to it's rather high-stats for an early game mon. (It has a 5% encounter rate)

Do you have a list of currently known bugs in Beta 1.1?
    (Or at least I didn't find one in the first post.)
    There isn't a list because generally I correct them as soon as someone points them out. They're all fixed, just not in Beta 1, but in Beta 2 they'll be fixed. That healing Pokemon Center animation you're talking about isn't actually "messed up", it's just that the animation data hasn't been changed from vanilla FireRed. It will be taken care of.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    This is probably one of the best hacks i've played for a while.

The dusk stone won't be obtainable til BETA 2 I believe

Years
  • Can you get a bellsprout in pokemon dark violet? If so where? Thanks in advance:)

Never mind, found one :) Do you have a rough estimate when Pokemon Dark Violet Beta 2 will come out? Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I wish TM's were reusable like in gen 5 and onward.It sucks that they break after you use them.Any chance you might make them like in gen 5? And can we see the list of TM's that are in the game?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I wish TM's were reusable like in gen 5 and onward.It sucks that they break after you use them.Any chance you might make them like in gen 5? And can we see the list of TM's that are in the game?
    Here is the list:
    Spoiler:

In Beta 1, TM23 was Draco Bullet, but I've changed it to Explosion. To compensate for that, TM23 can no longer be found on Route 4, instead being replaced by a Rare Candy. TM23 will be at a much later location. And yes, I'm aware that there was an Explosion Move Tutor in FR/LG, but in DarkViolet he will be replaced with a Draco Meteor Move Tutor.

As for the TM's breaking after use, I understand that it's already been documented on how to achieve this (except for removing the amount indicator), but I actually want to hold back on some features so that I can introduce them in DarkCrystal. After all, in the original Pokémon Gold & Silver, there were lots of new features that Red & Green didn't have, and I want DarkViolet's sequel to have that "new" feeling too (for instance, like Gold & Silver introduced new types, DarkCrystal will have the Fairy type)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I am currently at the enterance of the cave that leads of lavender town! I think the beta ends there because there is a signboard saying thats the end of beta! Is it really the end of latest beta or am i playing an older version?

Years
  • I am currently at the enterance of the cave that leads of lavender town! I think the beta ends there because there is a signboard saying thats the end of beta! Is it really the end of latest beta or am i playing an older version?

Yes, it actually is the end of Beta 1. Pokemon Dark Violet Beta 2 will come out and you will be able to move forward and it will end when you beat Sabrina :)

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Yes, it actually is the end of Beta 1. Pokemon Dark Violet Beta 2 will come out and you will be able to move forward and it will end when you beat Sabrina :)

OK! Thanxx bro and can you tell me where can i get an eevee and sun stone? Or it isn't available in beta 1?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    OK! Thanxx bro and can you tell me where can i get an eevee and sun stone? Or it isn't available in beta 1?
    Eevee doesn't evolve with the Sun Stone, it uses a new item called Sun Dust for Espeon. You can get it in the Underground Market after beating Lt. Surge.

Try hatching that Egg that the old lady in the Underground Path gives you.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • This game has changed my life in ways that I can't even describe right now. And I absolutely love it.

One thing I'd like to mention, if anyone hasn't yet, is if you try to use Teleport after Route 10's Pokemon Center, you'll get sent to Route 4, and the hero gets stuck in a mountain there...

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Yeah man it's an awesome hack, can't wait til beta 2 is released. I wonder who the new gym leader is since Giovanni isn't a gym leader anymore.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • Here is the list:
    Spoiler:

In Beta 1, TM23 was Draco Bullet, but I've changed it to Explosion. To compensate for that, TM23 can no longer be found on Route 4, instead being replaced by a Rare Candy. TM23 will be at a much later location. And yes, I'm aware that there was an Explosion Move Tutor in FR/LG, but in DarkViolet he will be replaced with a Draco Meteor Move Tutor.

As for the TM's breaking after use, I understand that it's already been documented on how to achieve this (except for removing the amount indicator), but I actually want to hold back on some features so that I can introduce them in DarkCrystal. After all, in the original Pokémon Gold & Silver, there were lots of new features that Red & Green didn't have, and I want DarkViolet's sequel to have that "new" feeling too (for instance, like Gold & Silver introduced new types, DarkCrystal will have the Fairy type)

If the move tutors will be on DarkViolet and Sevii Islands won't, where are going to be the Draco Meteor, Body Slam and Swords Dance?
    I also think that you have too many Grass TM's.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    This game has changed my life in ways that I can't even describe right now. And I absolutely love it.

One thing I'd like to mention, if anyone hasn't yet, is if you try to use Teleport after Route 10's Pokemon Center, you'll get sent to Route 4, and the hero gets stuck in a mountain there...
    I know what the problem is, I used the wrong ID for the sethealingplace. It will be fixed by release as its a very simple fix.

If the move tutors will be on DarkViolet and Sevii Islands won't, where are going to be the Draco Meteor, Body Slam and Swords Dance?
    In Kanto, of course.

I also think that you have too many Grass TM's.
    There's 4 grass TM's. There's also 4 Fighting TM's, 4 Fire TM's, and 10 Normal TM's. Go figure

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Just asking but after beta 2 is release will the next update after that be the last?

Years
  • I don't want to sound rude. I may come off as impatient. I really love this game so far. I've currently done everything possible I believe. Including catching every pokemon so far available. Im not asking for a beta release rather... in all curiousity how long does it generally take you to get sonething important done for the game. Such as mapping planned areas for a release. Or scripting a event. Or are yoy already done with these things and now working on smaller things for the game?

Back