• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Delta Emerald (Version 1.1.5)

Years
  • Version 1.1 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • New Features
      • FireRed-style fishing
      • Menu colors restored to what they were in RS
      • Some items were made accessible earlier for balance purposes
      • Pickup's itempool is modified to exclude TMs (were replaced by Dawn, Shiny and Dusk Stones)
    • Bugfixes
      • "????????" item is changed to what it was meant to be
      • NPC in Slateport doesn't freeze the game anymore
      • Trainer with Lv.50 Masquerain in Flannery's Gym is changed
      • Team Aqua cutscene on Route 121 doesn't break the game anymore
      • Link Cable is again available at the Lilycove Department Store
      • Blackboard in Rustboro's Trainer School doesn't freeze the game anymore
      • Pelipper's held item is fixed, it can now hold Lucky Eggs as was planned
      • Invisible wall in Pokémart is gone (now you can activate the Mystery Gift)
      • You cannot get endless Slowbronites from the old man anymore
      • Battle Pyramid is restored
      • Text error fixes

For more details and download link - check the main post.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    After applying the patch for version 1.1 and starting a new game I got to route 1 and my game froze.

Also sorry if this has been asked already but are there any plans to expand from 50 TMs to 100 for Delta Emerald or Mega Blue?

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Apologies for the double post. I deleted the patched ROM from the folder and redid the whole process and it works now.

Years
  • After applying the patch for version 1.1 and starting a new game I got to route 1 and my game froze.

Also sorry if this has been asked already but are there any plans to expand from 50 TMs to 100 for Delta Emerald or Mega Blue?

Must be a problem of patching. My rom works just fine. Did you patch the vanilla version of the game?
    And no, I have no plans for expanding TMs.

Years
  • Just tried version 1.1, and I think I found a bug (not sure if this has been present in earlier versions).
    Why is it that Froslass can't learn the ice beam TM, whereas Snorunt can?

Years
  • Just tried version 1.1, and I think I found a bug (not sure if this has been present in earlier versions).
    Why is it that Froslass can't learn the ice beam TM, whereas Snorunt can?

I suppose it was in earlier versions as well. Just forgot to check a flag for TM in Froslass' TM data. I'll fix it eventually (but the next update will not come very soon obviously)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    I keep getting odd eggs only :( Tried Jigglypuff egg
    Using fresh patch + fresh trashman rom with old .sav file of course, VBA-M emu

Years
  • I keep getting odd eggs only :( Tried Jigglypuff egg
    Using fresh patch + fresh trashman rom with old .sav file of course, VBA-M emu

Yes, it's not fixed yet, check the bug section of the first post. I decided to release what I have already fixed, and not delay a new update because some bugs that I'm not sure I can even fix are still there. I hope you understand.

Years
  • This is neat!! Thanks for the update, man. Wish you luck in the future updates! There's an little error on the text on the sign in Mr. Briney's Cottage where is "Mr. Briney's RoadagE".
    It's nothing big, but since you're fixing little text errors

Years
  • This is neat!! Thanks for the update, man. Wish you luck in the future updates! There's an little error on the text on the sign in Mr. Briney's Cottage where is "Mr. Briney's RoadagE".
    It's nothing big, but since you're fixing little text errors

Fixed and download link updated!
    Thanks for reporting!

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    Fixed and download link updated!
    Thanks for reporting!

Not running for me, used Trashman ROM and updated patch file

Location.txt:
    -Absolite: Safari Zone (in the northwest corner of the Area 3) - I can't seem to find that, could you check that again pls?
    -Ampharosite: New Mauville (southwest of the generator) - Can't find aswell
    -Charizardite X: Fiery Path (southwest corner of the cave) - This happened to be an Elixir for me, no mega stone
    -Swampertite: Altering Cave (on the platform on the eastern side of the cave, if Torchic or Mudkip was chosen as starter) - Should be "if torchic or treeko" right?
    No encounter for Smeargle in Artisan Cave

Last edited:
    Years
  • Not running for me, used Trashman ROM and updated patch file

Location.txt:
    -Absolite: Safari Zone (in the northwest corner of the Area 3) - I can't seem to find that, could you check that again pls?
    -Ampharosite: New Mauville (southwest of the generator) - Can't find aswell
    -Charizardite X: Fiery Path (southwest corner of the cave) - This happened to be an Elixir for me, no mega stone
    -Swampertite: Altering Cave (on the platform on the eastern side of the cave, if Torchic or Mudkip was chosen as starter) - Should be "if torchic or treeko" right?
    No encounter for Smeargle in Artisan Cave

Reuploaded it once again, should work now.
    As for the Mega Stones, Charizardite X was fixed, Swampertite typo was edited, but I don't know what's wrong with Absolite and Ampharosite. They show up at those locations in my save. Ampharosite should be right next to the Metal Coat item ball, whether Absolite should be not far from a man just chilling there.

EDIT: Forgot to say that Froslass can now learn Ice Beam too.

Last edited:

KriXtuFher

PoKéMoN Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2022
    I hope the fairy type effectiveness will be fix. Again, thank you for your hack, making sideshow showcase alive again hahah

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2020
    I hope you make fix the bug of fairy-type effectiveness and that lati@s roam bug.

I think the creator of emerald battle engine or any hacker out there can help you with those bugs on your hack.

Btw, Great job bro! Keep it up.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • It is recommended to save before taking an egg and backup that save file until the egg hatches

So it's a good thing i placed those eggs in the PC no?

Pickup's itempool is modified to exclude TMs (were replaced by Dawn, Shiny and Dusk Stones)

So my Linoone can now pickup Dawn stone?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Great hack! It is a bit odd that you have to smash both rocks in Rusturf Tunnel (not just the one to initiate the cutscene) to get Wally's uncle to give you Strength but I digress haha.

A couple other things I noticed/comments:

1. Guard Spec. doesn't work as intended (blocks stat reductions by opponent). I used one on Maxie's Mightyena and it still lowered my Spec Attack with Snarl.
    2. Starter abilities do not work as intended (at least Mudkip/Marshtomp's Torrent). I was doing exactly the same damage at full health as at low (<33% health).
    3. Are badge boosts in this hack (for example, beating Roxanne gives you a 10% boost to Attack)? They are in Emerald but not in ORAS.

Otherwise, solid job and an interesting mod to Emerald!

Last edited:
    Back