• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
    Years
    its a shame its on ruby coz when its done i`ll put it on my supercard and i would like to see some pokemon traded onto my fire red withought the cable coz i can`t find it :P it will be weird though...maybe it`ll muck up my game..

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    I don't think so, not unless it's new ppokemon that I add, because then you'd just get the (?) symbol. I hacked a ruby so that it give me mew and celebi, but that on a G6 flash cart and traded them. It worked fine... Oh and I chose ruby because it was a game that everybody (more or less) had. Anyway, I hate the way fire-red is done. Like the large trainer sprites and all.

I've also got some bad news. I have a virus and it will no longer let me boot... Just lucky I managed to back up my game when I discovered the virus. It was a close call, but at least I'll be able to carry on the game on this computer until I can fix/ get someone to fix my laptop.

So the game will still go ahead as normal, .
    EDIT: Aparantly there's another post but I can't see it, probably down to the pokecommunity attack. IT'll probably fix when someone posts, but I don't want to risk a double post.so here is what I would normally post under a new post...

Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

Naetoru's in!
    (Credit to Serg!o for the front sprite and D-man and Gridion for the back, but I'll replace it with Serg!o's when he puts it on WAH)

I might make a separate patch with the new starters i dont know...

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes! were back! finnaly, I thought the site had died! I just looked at all the updates, this looks very immpresseve :) keep up the good work, O and if you want more in-deatailed information on D/P go to: w w w . s e r e b i . n e t / d i a m o n d p e r l hope this'll help!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Thanks, I also want to ask what attacks they want for Naetoru, Pochamma and the other one. Also I want to know what Pokemon they want adding befre the beta which is coming very soon when I get the mapping andd the wanted Pokemon added. I'm just trying to work out how to repoint the name ? but I can't find it's location, anyone any ideas?

EDIT: I've had a better idea, I'll add just the new Pokemon to a separate patch as a side project, as som may not want the graphics but only the new pokemon. So I'll work on both, I might release just Naetoru soon and then add the others, but don't worry I'll continue with the graphics too, I've not got much left at all before I release a beta.

Heres the Naetoru patch for ruby, it appears wild on route 101, has no dex entry but it works. Can be used without credit but don't claim it as your own, put used Naetoru patch or something in your thread. I can't guarentee it'll work on all of the games you are hacking if it uses the new offsets. It also shares chikoritas attacks.

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Well as DP is coming out soon, I might release a non scripted version so if everyone is happy with that maybe in a few days? emphasis on maybe

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    True, DP is comming out, but it's gonna be in Jap, and on the DS. I dunno about you guys, but I have no DS emulator and I can't read Jap either. I wouldn't mind a non-scripted one, I just wanna see your maps, thats all.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    I could of sworn I posted here saying that I voted for after you add the houses, and that I think what you've done so far is awesome, and it will be good for those people who can't read japanese and don't have a DS Emulator that works ^_^, also i'd love to help out with his hack.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Yo Green Charizard, awesome work. This game really looks good, specially the graphics!
    Just a small question/suggestion. I saw the roofs of the houses, and they seem to use two colours. Now I'm looking at a DP screenshot, and they seem to use three colours (three tones of shading), do you think it's possible to add a third tone?, that would add a bit of realism to the roof. If not, then, it doesn't matter. Sorry if i'm not asking correctly.
    Good luck, I'll be expecting news!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Well thanks for your nice comments ^_^ . The roof palette is only 2 unlike D/P whish has 3 and also a few extra tiles. The DS is capable of more pallettes (colours) even more than shown in D/P if I'm not mistaken. The GBA can handle miles less, so I had to convert it, just having two colours means that it can be mirrored therefore taking up less tileset room and less pallette room (which I really have to try and save). So yeah it would give it more depth, but sorry It's not capable of it. I've got to put the ouches on the non scripted version and I'll release it, hopefully within this week. I've also got to redo the male hero sprite as I got a virus and lost that graphic, so got a couple of things to do.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Well thanks for your nice comments ^_^ . The roof palette is only 2 unlike D/P whish has 3 and also a few extra tiles. The DS is capable of more pallettes (colours) even more than shown in D/P if I'm not mistaken. The GBA can handle miles less, so I had to convert it, just having two colours means that it can be mirrored therefore taking up less tileset room and less pallette room (which I really have to try and save). So yeah it would give it more depth, but sorry It's not capable of it. I've got to put the ouches on the non scripted version and I'll release it, hopefully within this week. I've also got to redo the male hero sprite as I got a virus and lost that graphic, so got a couple of things to do.

well, not only that. if you consider the day/noon/night situation with D/P, the buildings and houses will consist of way too many colors for any gba game. besides this, since fire red has one consistent day time, i think it's good that you set it at the medium noon sunshine rather have light sources for overworlds coming from the right and left.

Years
    Hi, it might help if i got the japanese version of the game, as i have a working ds emulator. I may also be able to find an 80, if not 100% english patch for it. This may help for scripting the game :) i hope ive been able to help, nice work :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back