• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    I'm just curious...what are you going to do about gym leaders?
    Well some images have been released of them, so I uess I'll have to sprite and make 'em.
    well, not only that. if you consider the day/noon/night situation with D/P, the buildings and houses will consist of way too many colors for any gba game. besides this, since fire red has one consistent day time, i think it's good that you set it at the medium noon sunshine rather have light sources for overworlds coming from the right and left.
    Yeah there's lots of little things like that, when I rip grapics I have to make sure they're pretty central on screen because it's ever so slightly 3D so you get the best results
    Hi, it might help if i got the japanese version of the game, as i have a working ds emulator. I may also be able to find an 80, if not 100% english patch for it. This may help for scripting the game :) i hope ive been able to help, nice work :)
    Ok that's up to you but thats illegal unless you mport the jap copy so I'll take that for granted and question no further lol. ;) I'm considering importing a copy myself.

Nice hack...but...the house are not that great
    Fair point, but I havelimitations and I think that's the best they're gonna get.

EDIT: Sorry just noticed a post where someone said the naetoru patch didn't work, it does try using a different rom

I've been working hard this morning and everything is nearly done. I might leave the male trainer sprite out but I don't know, stay tuned, it's comming soon :)

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Yeah sure, I can make websites pretty good and use photoshop but you may as well! Thanks

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    That's very, very nice when I first saw the layout I wasn't sure but after looking into what you've actually put, especially the banner - tremendous apart from coronis' sprites which I don't know whether he'll be happy with, it's grown on me alot. - fabulous work :) - PM me and we can talk more over content especially if you have MSN.

For the rest of you I'd like to get this patch out today - coz if I'm not mistaken it's been released (Serebii seems to have a copy) I'll do some work and see whether it's release quality...No promises but it's a possibility and I'm hyped myself over the real D/P and contemplating whether to get a copy imported...

EDIT:
    My rough mapping of the second town, I'll add extra tiles and stuff. The buildings at the top need iinserting but thats for the next version.
    Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

EDIT x2:Turns out he got his copy early, which means I've got another two days...I'll try and get this out as soon as possibly which may still mean today.
    EDIT x3: Sorry not gonna be tonight, depending on what I have to do tommorow I might be able to add the final bit of work that needs doing.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
    WLJ: A lot of attachments were screwed up when PC changed servers. They're in the process of recovering all that right now.
    GC: This keeps looking better and better! Only one major problem I noticed: The bordering trees are tiled wrong and it looks WIERD!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    I know I said it was a rough map, not a completed one as it is now,
    I'll be back working on it in about an hour 1/2 for a hopeful release

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
    Years
    hey forget all about the ruby/sapphire Pokemon center i made a wiked d/p one i`ll Pm it later on. oh yeah and just wondering how did you edit the title screen?

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Thanks but you do know about the 88% proportion don't you?

Right I feel ready to release an ALPHA, yes this is going the way of Chaos Black, there's just not enough game wise...

Status of Alpha:
    No event editing.
    Warps have been moved to appropriate doors non added, no removed.
    There is no in game text editing.
    Can go up to the second town.
    No scripting.
    Naetoru IS in the game.
    Graphics of the main tileset are about 40% done...
    Alpha name: "Special Pre D/P taster edition"

I'll post it when I get back as I've got to go out...
    Just to keep ya waiting a bit longer... though not intentionally

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
    G-Charizard:
    Do you own a DS?
    and are buying D/P?

If so, you ARE going to make a DP for GBA :P.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Alpha Released!

To answer the above, probably, yep I have a DS and I might import it.

No event editing.
    Warps have been moved to appropriate doors non added, no removed.
    There is no in game text editing.
    Can go up to the second town.
    No scripting.
    Naetoru IS in the game.
    My old Diamond sprte is in as I lost my old one down to virus' but I'll replace that
    Graphics of the main tileset are about 40% done...
    Alpha name: "Special Pre D/P taster edition"

Right I'll have everyone know that I wouldn't normally release this, but with the date being what it is, I think it's best. Some mapping is a bit off for instance when in Futaba and going on to the first route it overlaps on the trees. But it will give you the feel of D/P.
    The girl overworld is not finished and the male forward walking is not too great, but I'll reupload when this is done.

[RUBY Patch USA]
    Feedback on this please and I look forward to seeing hacks made from it, I also added the Naetoru patch into this file on request...

edit: Sorry forgot to say the bag containing the starters is in the top right building of Futaba town

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Green Charizard...Look at those maps. I made them. Look the difference...
    CAN I HELP!!!
    PLEASE?

CREDIT TO CHIP FOR THE MART:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    so you managed to place the d/p starters within your hack as well as their evos?

also, you're doing good stuff here, but just because d/p has released in japan, does not mean people won't appreciate a taste of it on GBA. i hope you don't end this project.

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    man this is easily becoming my favorite hack keep up the good work

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    CAN I HELP!!!
    PLEASE?

You know you could have just asked him that in a PM, right? :\

Anyways, just because you made something doesn't mean that you can just ask all of a sudden: CAN I HELP! OMGROFLWAWAWAWACHIWAWA!

On a plus note: your maps are good, however. But what's with the houses in Chip's tileset (you noted that you should give Chip credit... ?)

Anyways, on to the main hack. Interesting. I admit, I haven't tried it out yet, but here's to hoping I will! (LOL)

Anyways, keep up the good work.

From,
    ~TheRoad

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Thanks for all coments
    CAN I HELP!!!
    PLEASE?

There nice, in fact very nice. But I've just found the official maps of the first town and route 1. But there are resources in them maps that I can use, so thanks. I havn't really got a job you can do at the moment as i said no staff, but I may get back to you on that.
    so you managed to place the d/p starters within your hack as well as their evos?

also, you're doing good stuff here, but just because d/p has released in japan, does not mean people won't appreciate a taste of it on GBA. i hope you don't end this project.
    Thanks but 4 the mo. it's just Naetoru

You know you could have just asked him that in a PM, right? :\

Anyways, just because you made something doesn't mean that you can just ask all of a sudden: CAN I HELP! OMGROFLWAWAWAWACHIWAWA!

On a plus note: your maps are good, however. But what's with the houses in Chip's tileset (you noted that you should give Chip credit... ?)

Anyways, on to the main hack. Interesting. I admit, I haven't tried it out yet, but here's to hoping I will! (LOL)

Anyways, keep up the good work.

From,
    ~TheRoad
    Thanks

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Thanks? For what?

Anyways, just about to try it. I'll update when I finish trying it out.
    By the way, how long does the beta go?
    (ex. Beta goes Littleroot Town - Fallabor Town, or something like that?)

Just wondering.

From,
    ~TheRoad

EDIT: Um, just as a question, what patch do we use? Both?
    EDIT2: Oh well... I am absolutely stuck now. I can't get a POKeMON, and it's really difficult just trying to get to the next town without one... Hahaha...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back