• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
    Years
    but i have glitches too, i thought it was just the work in progress stuff... ruby_us or ruby europe?

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    Ugh.. glitches. In the alpha release, your bag was in the trees... (o_O However am I supposed to get that?) and so when I went to the left, I couldn't get out. And I kept getting killed by wild Pokemon... waaah. After much gruel, I finally made it to the next city, only to find out I couldn't do anything here either.

Anyways, besides that, good job on the hacks, and hope you make an improvement on everyone's glitches (is mine a one-off? ROM?)

From,
    ~TheRoad

(PS: Sorry if my mentions are already posted... Bakk)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hahahah XD you skipped one of the houses didn't you.

One of them as the suitcase in there that contains the pokemon :P

Years
    Nah, I was just so fed up with the thing that I quit. Now that you mentioned it though, which city? The first, or the second?

And I wonder if I should post a screenie...

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: The Buizeru (Buoysel... but the name confuses me ... ?) in the opening sequence is glitched. Will you be able to fix it, Green Charizard? And also, where is the main character? He disappeared!)

EDIT: Okay, so I see the Pokemon. I selected Naetoru (Pocchama? I don't remember...) and the game restarted. Ha ha....

Kek kek keke.... The bag is alive!!!

EDIT2: Okay, so while I was browsing around with the Walk around Walls code (to test out things, code given at end of post) I found these freaky things. A step by step requirement:

Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

All right, this image shows who I am. Right? So you can just go to the right of where he is, or stay where I am.

Now that I've used the Walk through Walls code, I can go up. And up I go.

Now, I turn right. See what I mean when I said you could go from the right of my original picture?

Now... watch as I get officially weirded out. Like it? Now... a special treat for you...

;)

That's all folks. Besides the code, which is CE2CCCB25D8D815D, for Gameshark.

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Right lets clear everything up. The cheat using the gameshark code is down to the tile properties. Naetoru does not freeze upon recieving for me, and its ruby usa.

Years
    Right lets clear everything up. The cheat using the gameshark code is down to the tile properties. Naetoru does not freeze upon recieving for me, and its ruby usa.

You got a nice RUBY USA ROM. I download a RUBY USA, and it doesn't work. How sad.

Anyways, good luck on your updates!

From,
    ~TheRoad

(PS: Humph... I was hoping someone would congratulate me for the discovery... :D But I don't really care. Just something amusing for the people :paranoid: )

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Yeah welll done ;) Funny thing with that is when I was making the first route and wanted to test it I had not done the connections I had to walk through trees and ended up in alot of not-so-secret bases... But seen as how there are so many problems with this the next patch coming soon will use a different ruby usa rom

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Wow, honestly, this is nowhere near Beta status, you shouldn't have even released it yet, a video yes, but Beta no.

There are far too many glitches in the game. When trying to select Naetoru with the guy, the game freezes, with the girl, it resets. The girl's walking animation is skewed aswell as the opening scene, where you walk into nothing. Bouysel is glitchified in the first scene. Once you get your Pokemon there's a random battle, then a suitcase is talking to you.

Honestly, it's a disaster. I truly love the idea of a DP pre-make, but it needs a ton of work. Sorry. :(

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Strong critics, huh?

Well, anyway I just wanted to say that I hope we can see a few scripts in next betas. Another thing I wanted to say is: intro theme :), battle theme :sleeping: (is it a remix of two themes, right?)

I wonder how will I be able to catch Naetoru?, since when trying to get him from birch's bag freezes the game and the shop doesn't sell a pokeball (and I don't like to play around with gamesharks, like other person did :P)

Years
    Geez, so many criticism. Well, of course this is only going to be a glitchified beta, it's already hard just to get the tilesets into place. While I haven't tried all these things, I can only say (WOW.... Mommy, mommy, look, they're going to stuff him!)

Well, it does have more than its fair share of glitches. But that's why there's always room for improvement!

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: zel... are you referring to me? I was just messing around to see what the borders were...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow, honestly, this is nowhere near Beta status, you shouldn't have even released it yet, a video yes, but Beta no.

There are far too many glitches in the game. When trying to select Naetoru with the guy, the game freezes, with the girl, it resets. The girl's walking animation is skewed aswell as the opening scene, where you walk into nothing. Bouysel is glitchified in the first scene. Once you get your Pokemon there's a random battle, then a suitcase is talking to you.

Honestly, it's a disaster. I truly love the idea of a DP pre-make, but it needs a ton of work. Sorry. :(
    What the hell?!

Did you even read the first post ... it's an alpha?!

I'll even quote what it said.

Green Charizard said:
    .: Downloads::.

NEW! Alpha 1:
    Moreover, G.Charizard told us that the girl ain't finished yet.

And I chose Naetoru, and it works fine.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Is the music from the alpha ripped music from the actual D/P games?
    No, Iinvented some from other themes and rippped the title from another game and added some other in game souns to produce what you hear.

Ok fair points - but seriously you should have read a few of my posts it would have probably answered most of the things you said - oh and I didn't even know myself I've released a beta, I can honestly say that I don't remember releasing a beta... we were all under the impression that it was an Alpha!!! lol - just kidding

So here's my post with a few key points in bold.

Me!!! said:
    No event editing.
    Warps have been moved to appropriate doors non added, no removed.
    There is no in game text editing.
    Can go up to the second town.
    No scripting.
    Naetoru IS in the game.

My old Diamond sprte is in as I lost my old one down to virus' but I'll replace that
    Graphics of the main tileset are about 40% done...
    Alpha name: "Special Pre D/P taster edition"

Right I'll have everyone know that I wouldn't normally release this, but with the date being what it is, I think it's best. Some mapping is a bit off for instance when in Futaba and going on to the first route it overlaps on the trees. But it will give you the feel of D/P.
    The girl overworld is not finished and the male forward walking is not too great, but I'll reupload when this is done.

[RUBY Patch USA]
    Feedback on this please and I look forward to seeing hacks made from it, I also added the Naetoru patch into this file on request...

edit: Sorry forgot to say the bag containing the starters is in the top right building of Futaba town
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Buoysel is not glitched on my game, but I'll use a different ROM for Alpha - yes that's alpha v. 1.2. I don't know why everyone is having Naetoru trouble, I don't... I've got a feeling the ruby I patched it off was a bit dodgey, so I'll use a different one.

But thanks for taking an interest but I feel some of your comments were uncalled for i.e. "It's a disaster" - Sorry if it wasn't meant to seem that way but that's the way I read it... Oh yeah and the way the bag event is, the random battle is unavoidable, but I'll make it fit in somehow with another eent so it's a not-so-random battle

Strong critics, huh?

Well, anyway I just wanted to say that I hope we can see a few scripts in next betas. Another thing I wanted to say is: intro theme :), battle theme :sleeping: (is it a remix of two themes, right?)

I wonder how will I be able to catch Naetoru?, since when trying to get him from birch's bag freezes the game and the shop doesn't sell a pokeball (and I don't like to play around with gamesharks, like other person did :P)
    Yeah I know about the battle - it sounds fine on my laptop speakers but on the PC it sounds like its about to drop dead. As I said I don't know about Naetoru it seems it works for others but not some. I can only say to play a blank ruby with the separate patch if u want to see Naetoru, but I'll use a different ROM for the next Alpha.
    Geez, so many criticism. Well, of course this is only going to be a glitchified beta, it's already hard just to get the tilesets into place. While I haven't tried all these things, I can only say (WOW.... Mommy, mommy, look, they're going to stuff him!)

Well, it does have more than its fair share of glitches. But that's why there's always room for improvement!

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: zel... are you referring to me? I was just messing around to see what the borders were...
    Yeah, thanks...The actual idea of this was not to play the game but get to feel what the graphics are like. I will try to fix everything for the next beta.
    What the hell?!

Did you even read the first post ... it's an alpha?!

I'll even quote what it said.

Moreover, G.Charizard told us that the girl ain't finished yet.

And I chose Naetoru, and it works fine.
    Thanks for that ray.z, glad to hear that your Naetoru works and I'm not insane, lol!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    yo green charizard went i started i try find Prof.oak for him give me my pokemon ???

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Oh, he's in the top right house of the first toen, talk to the suitcase on the desk and you'll get your Pokemon ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    No new alpha. G.Charizard is just explaining that it is an alpha ... hence meaning that barely anything is done as of yet, cept some of the tiles and that.

Reason being that people are complaining about how little is done and that, which was clearly explained though.

Green Charizard said:
    Thanks for that ray.z, glad to hear that your Naetoru works and I'm not insane, lol!!!
    @ G. Charizard: I dunno, you are attemting to create D/P on a GBA platform XD

Keep up the good work.

Years
    Naetoru is impossible for me to get. LOL.

I hopefully can show my pictures, but for the video that has the Naetoru error (I'm not sure if this goes for everyone, but...) you'll have to go to my Photobucket place, at :

(Sorry, but this post is not finished yet!)

and

OK, finished!

From,
    ~TheRoad

PS: I know the video thing is big, I don't know why, but... hopefully you can tell me if it's bad or something.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    I picked Naetoru and I had no problems. I think for the next patch, you should have Birch yelling "Go to my lab and get the friggin Pokemon" cuz it took me ages to find the bag which walks around and talks. Plus, there isnt any pokeballs in the game, and gameshark codes for ruby that enable me to walk-thru-walls din't work(might be sumthin wrong with the code though) . Is there any evolution line for Naetoru? I'd love to see them. As for your overall alpha, its short and glitchy but I suppose thats just how alphas are supposed to be. Keep up the good work ;) (and not too much of the bad glitches =P )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back